The Last Message of U. G. Krishnamurti

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by spidergoat, Jul 31, 2009.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

My Swan Song

U.G. Krishnamurti

[This piece was dictated by UG to Louis Brawley in mid-February 2007. UG died the next month.]

What I have found of and by myself runs counter to everything anyone has said in any field of human thought. They have misled themselves and misguided everybody. You still fall for all that because if, for instance, you were to change your diet you would die of starvation. But I want to live forever! Can you keep me alive and healthy, the way I have lived for ninety years of my life? No? But that's all that interests me!

When once it throws out everything that has been put in there by your filthy culture, this body will function in an extraordinarily intelligent way. It can take care of everything.

If at any time I accept anything, it is not what the religious people have told me about the way the body functions, but what the medical doctors have found. Yet, what they do not know is immense; and they will never know how this body functions.

I have never taken any medicine nor have I ever seen a doctor. All the doctors who have advised me not to live the kind of life I had been living are now dead and gone. There is one exception - once, I had typhoid fever when I lived in Madras. My wife's brother was a top doctor in the General Hospital in Madras. The British had a wing in the hospital for themselves and nobody else was allowed to stay in the rooms in that wing. That year, however, they opened the wing to the general public. So my brother-in-law got me one room in it and another for my family members. In that room my wife and grandmother stayed. Three nurses took care of me taking turns every eight hours for a whole month, after which I walked out.

Although I assert that all doctors should be shot, I don't advise others not to see a doctor. I don't know what I will do if I am in a situation where I want to prolong my life a little longer. So I would never tell others not to see a doctor.

I brushed aside everything born out of human thought. Everything they told me falsified me. And what you are trying to get you can never get, because there is nothing to get.

What you are is a belief; if you let one belief go, you must replace it with another; otherwise, you will drop dead. I am telling you, a clinical death will occur. It is not the near death experience of those near death scoundrels.

So you better go and make money and enjoy the fruits thereof.

All those filthy religious people are fooling themselves and fooling everybody, living on the gullibility and credulity of people, making an easy living, selling shoddy pieces of goods and promising you some goodies that they can never deliver. But you want to believe all that nonsense. It's a reflection on your intelligence that you fall for all that crap to which you are exposed.

Nobody has given me the mandate to save you people or save the world. The human species should be wiped out for what it has done to every other species on this planet! It has no place on this planet. If I am sure of one thing, it is that. If it were not for your destructive weapons, you would have been wiped out a long time ago. And you are going to be wiped out, because now others have the means to wipe you out. But you are not going to go gracefully without taking every form of life on this planet with you.

With minimum means you can wipe out the maximum power.

The body knows what it needs to do to survive. If it does not have the means to survive, it goes gracefully. The only reason for this organism to exist is to give continuity to the human species. Sex is only for reproduction, but you have turned that into a pleasure movement. What else is sex for than reproduction?

The human kind appeared on this planet and it thinks all this has been created for its use. You think you were created for a grander and nobler purpose. The human being is a more despicable thing than all the other forms of life on this planet.

You are just an animal, but you are not ready to accept that. You are not more intelligent than the other animals.

The native intelligence of the human body is amazing. That is all it needs to survive in any dangerous situation in life.

The native intelligence is what you are born with; the intellect is acquired from what they teach you. So, you don't have any words or phrases, or even experiences, which you can call your own. You have to use that knowledge that has been put in there in order to experience anything.

There is nothing to your love: if you don't get what you want, what happens to your, "I love you darling, dearie, honey bunch, shnookie putsie, sugar britches, petite shu-shu, sugar booger?" If you don't get what you want out of all that, what happens to your lovey-dovey?

The only test for me is money. How free you are with your money? I don't mean, How wasteful you are with your money?

I have nothing to lose if the whole thing is wiped out. I have nothing to gain if it remains the same.

The only relationship you have with anybody in this world is What do I get out of it? That's all you care about. Other than that, there is nothing to it!

You all fool yourselves thinking that you are going to get something by hanging around me -- ho ho ho! You're not going to get a thing because there is no need to get anything from anybody.

You can't fit me into any religious frame. I don't need to fool people and thrive on their gullibility and credulity. Why should I? I'm telling you, you will lose everything! You are not going to get anything from anybody. There is no need for me to say you're not going to get what you want from anyone else either. That you will find out by yourself. But that you can't do either by your own effort or by your volition or by anything you do or do not do. That is not something that happens in the field of cause and effect.

Everything was thrown out of my system. I don't know how I was thrown off the merry go round. I went round and round and round. I was lucky -- luck, not in the sense that when you go to a gambling place and win if you're lucky. They put me on a merry go round; I went on and on and on. I didn't have the guts to jump off. I was just thrown off like an animal thrown from the top of a tree. The animal just gets up and runs off.

Fear makes your body stiff and then you will certainly break your limbs. My body is never stiff.

The demand for permanence -- permanent relationships, permanent happiness, and permanent bliss -- in any field and in any area of human existence is the cause of human misery. There is nothing to permanence.

So don't be a damned fool! Go and make money. That's the only thing that impresses me -- cash on the barrel! I told my grandparents this even as a little boy.

I am in perfect harmony with this world, exactly the way it is.

I will never break the laws, no matter how ridiculous the laws are.

I told Bertrand Russell, "The H-bomb is an extension of your policeman; are you willing to do away with the policeman?"

"You have to draw the line somewhere!", he said. I just said goodbye and walked out.

There is no need to change this world at all; and there is no need to change yourself either.

I am not a sociable man; yet I am not anti-social.

What I am trying to emphasize over and over again is that what has happened to me has nothing to do with the spiritual nonsense they preach; it doesn t have even a teeny weenie bit of spiritual content. It is a physical phenomenon pure and simple. Once this body is freed from the stranglehold of whatever is put in there either by spiritual teachers or secular teachers, or by those scientists and medical technology, it functions in a very efficient way.

At the time I was born, when my mother introduced herself to me as "I am your mommy" and hugged me and kissed me, I apparently kicked her; and she died in seven days after I was born. When they put me into the frame of an enlightened man, they said that the mother of such a child can never have any more children or sex, and that she would die. Actually she died of puerperal fever, but not because she gave birth to an enlightened man. They have to put such people into that frame of giving birth to an enlightened man.

An enlightened man can never have sex because he cannot reproduce another one like him. Once an interviewer on television asked me, Can't we take your sperm and make a woman pregnant? I answered, There is no sperm anymore. Anandamayi stopped having her periods when she was twenty-one, after whatever had happened to her. She was a nice lady. She was a genuine article.

Your birth is not in your hands. You're here because your parents had sex. But I can say now that that your death is in your hands.

There is no meaning in and no purpose to suffering.

If a body is lucky enough to stumble into its natural way of functioning, it happens not through your effort, not through your volition; it just happens, but not by what you do or do not do. It is not even a happening within the field of cause and effect. Acausal is the most appropriate word for it, because a happening can never be outside the field of cause and effect.

If it stumbles into this of and by itself, such a body will be so unique that it will be unparalleled in this world and will function in an extraordinary way. Such a body has never existed before on this planet.

You don't have to take my word for it. Be miserable and die in your misery.

And such a man will be more spiritual than all the other claimants, but not in the ordinary sense of spiritual -- that nonsense must never be used. Spirit is only the breath as in "he breathed his last"; the word has nothing to do with the spiritual crap.

The End

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Oh wow! I didn't think there were too many people aware of U.G, most think of J Krishnamurti but U.G seems to be less known. I love his clarity of thought and ability to tell the truth about existence and shirk all the nonsense we use to delude ourselves from reality. He is the only guru who will tell you that the only reincarnation there is is the nitrogen cycle and all else is ego. He's the anti-mysticism guru.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Meursalt Comatose Registered Senior Member

He also sounds a little confused in some areas.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

A little? He is blatantly contradiction himself.
    I agree (or mostly agree) with some things he says though.

He seems an arrogant and hypocritical individual.

8. Meursalt Comatose Registered Senior Member

Who isn't?

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

:thumbsup:

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

He was a charlatan. There are a dime a dozen like him in India, they just don't have access to a similar platform. Bet he never actually did any kind of real work, but found one patsy after another to provide for him.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

He never had a cult, never gathered followers or built a church. He made friends who were generous to him and enjoyed his company. Most of all, he doesn't have a teaching, he was a debunker.

12. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

U.G was unique for India. He didn't consider himself a guru but people followed him anyway. He wasn't a reformer, he simply didn't believe in faith nor a soul, nor reincarnation. He didn't speak out against the old system of belief but he did reveal it as hogwash and for this reason was not as popular as others who promised magical powers, unlimited bliss and 'transcendence', he didn't believe in any of that and it was frustrating for anyone who tried to follow him so he really didn't accumulate devotees. His basic message was 'this is it' not in the alan watts way, he meant it isn't necessary to attempt to transcend the body nor the mind (turning both into a 'problem') because they function as one unit. Your soul is only the life force you have when you are alive not something separate from your body. He did have some very strong opinions about political injustice but he was not a maker of promises nor a giver of platitudes or easy answers, delusions and illusions. He was the anti-guru guru. He thought of westerners running to India looking for enlightenment as running away, a delusion. If he wanted to capitalize on himself he would have been as big as J. Krishnamurti.

If he was a charlatan he was as much of a charlatan as your jesus or mohammed who people mistakenly idolize as prophets and men of mystical power.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Like I said, a dime a dozen in India.

Not all charlatans need a cult or followers. Most of these guys are social misfits and need someone generous to pay their bills so they can pass through life making profound statements. No problem with that, sine its mostly quid pro quo, the ones paying the bills don't feel forced to do it.

But its by no means novel or even unusual. There's probably one like that in every extended family. I've met quite a few of these types. Sometimes, here and there, there is a genuine great mind that is not compatible with society and is well served by these kind of support systems in traditional families.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  14. Carcano Valued Senior Member

What if they were running to India to see him???

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I know you have to believe that, but it's hard to call him a charlatan if he never claimed to be anything special. Was he lying about that? If so you seem to be suggesting that he was special.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

His words speak enough for me.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Me too

'If you are searching for someone who will enlighten you, you have come to the wrong man.' U.G.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Of course, that would be impossible.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Maybe I'm just not attracted to doom and gloomers?

All his messages can be summed up in three words [at least for me]: Everything is nothing.

21. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

He was very disappointing to those who did. They left either empty handed or free of a search which was exactly his point.

Sam: All his messages can be summed up in three words [at least for me]: Everything is nothing.

Oh no not at all. He just refused to walk the road of 'my mind is a problem, my body is a problem, the world is a problem ergo everything must be released and nirvana found here on earth or in the next life or in heaven. He was a now kinda guy. He wasn't special, he wasn't perfect and he didn't claim to be, he just found the way or rather mental strength to no longer delude himself and others. You call him a nutcase but he wasn't a freak. All humans can be classified as 'nutcases', yes even you Sam. As the Cheshire Cat said to Alice 'I'm Mad, You're mad, we're all mad here'

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

How many have called your prophet a nutcase hmmm? How many thought Jesus a beer shy of a full six-pack, and I say they both were 'freaks', they had to be.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  22. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

In some similar manner like radical philosophical deconstructivism is appealing to Western academia.

I wouldn't be surprised.
    We could even say that those for whom Derrida and the likes are too hard to read, go for a lighter version, like UG Krishnamurti.

It is the deconstruction, the relativism that many people find so appealing.
    It would be interesting to know how come. One reason I can think of is that by this process of deconstruction or relativism, they are trying to rule, with their minds, over nature and everything there is. Once a person realizes that attempts to rule over everything physically are essentially futile, the next step is to try to rule over it with one's mind, for example in the way one explains things.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Except when he was psychic or had a "calamity" going on.

Some people are just philosophically inclined to nihilism. For them the meaning of life lies in making everything meaningless.