The Qur'an

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Michael, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

The Qur'an is a book with the thoughts and ideas of "The" Creator. "The" Creator of Everything in Existence. I mean, electrons, ... everything. These are supernaturally beyond-the-ability-of-mortal-beings to have thought up sort of thoughts. They are from a mind that is vastly, vastly superior then anything that anyone could ever imagine.

Yet, other than Muslims, no one else seems to think it's all that good... ... ....

It just seems that if there were any, ANY, unbelievers out there poo-pooing Islam, well, you just open the Qur'an and by the power of it's perfection, they would "see the light! The Truth, THE GOD!!!" But, meh, that's not the case. As a matter of fact, some people even become atheist AFTER reading it??!?!?

It just seems ODD is all, I'm so, so, so, very confused.

One would think that such a book would have made it's way into all cultures by now? It's POWER would permeate all that read it. Yet, that hasn't happened. Not at all.

Some people even study it and walk away thinking exactly the opposite?!?! They think it was from Satan!!!?? How can this be?

I'm just so, so, so, very confused..... :bawl:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's popularity is cited by some people as proof of it's essential truth.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

OK OK ... that is very interesting.

BUT, I was thinking, it seems, you know, it just seems, that IF the Qur'an had some deeper understanding of something-or-other... some wisdom to impart, some knowledge that is useful for people, well it just seems like many many MANY people from all over the world would see that it's, at the very least, taught as a first year subject at University.

Take Japanese, Chinese, Korean, German, French Universities for example. It seems that, you know, that the Qur'an (being the actual word from THE Creator and all) would be a core subject - a core subject that all students would be required to take. It's just filled to the brim with all this important knowledge and information for humanity, and so, it must be useful enough to at least make a 1 semester class.

But that's not the case???

For some off reason, some strange reason that just eludes me, University people have choosen to instead teach other non-from-THE-Creator-sort-of-ideas, .... things like Greek Philosophy?
    It;s just really weird spidergoat.... just plain weird.

Why eat the potato when you can have the steak?
    Why waste your time reading Kent when you can read God?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mike47 Banned Banned

How many books are very popular these days ?. Are they all truthful ?.
    I see no truth in all religions do you ?.

8. mike47 Banned Banned

Did Jesus, Moses, Muhammad....etc knew that X squared plus one is zero makes X an imaginary number...?. Did they know that imaginary numbers are used in many aspects of engineering ?!.

9. mike47 Banned Banned

1 : You are assuming that there is God. Where is your proof ?.
    2 : you are assuming that the Quo'ran is the word of God. again where is your proof ? .
    Conclusion : there is no proof if there is one God or multiple Gods or no God at all . Also , there is no proof that the Quo' ran is not written by a man like you and I .

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Did Jesus? Of course so, he was God. But, maybe while he was in the form of Jesus he didn't?

Did Moses. No. He didn't. He was just a man doing what God told him to do.

Did Mohammad. No. He didn't. Mohammad didn't even write the Qur'an. That's all God. Which is why the thread is The Qur'an and not The Mohammad. Mohammad didn't even know how to read and write. He was like that antenna we used to use to tune in TV only he tuned in God's voice. Do you credit the "TV" with how cool Battlestar Gallactica was? No fracken way! In the same way you do not credit the Qur'an to Mohammad. Make sense?

Now back to the OP....

11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

OK, lets suppose the Qur'an IS the word of God. Then wouldn't you think that lots of people would seek it out and want to read it?!?! I mean, we're talking THE WORD OF GOD here!!!

12. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Oh, and wouldn't you think that IF the Qur'an were the words of God, it's be self-evident?

13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Michael, you are pointing out the flaws of almost any religion that is based on scriptures and one god, which could be evidence of indoctrination.

14. mike47 Banned Banned

Believing that Jesus was God is something beyong my understanding....!!!!.
    So there is no point in debating any further....hahaha.
    A man is God...?!...haha...!.

15. FelixC Registered Senior Member

Hi M:
    I just wondering if you are serious or are being sarcastic? I've tried reading the Quran but have had trouble getting past the absurdity and anti-Christian rhetoric

I would like to comment;
    I think that if the Quran was written by the creator it would not have some obvious errors; if you read Surah 18:83 to 98, the Quran adds pseudo-science & what appears to be alternate history into the mix

it talks about a mysterious Zul-qarnain that goes to where the sun sets on a muddy spring & reverses course to where it rises on a people with no shade, in between this Zul-qarnain builds a lead & iron gate across a mountain pass to stop the Gog & Magog from molesting people in that valley. Some people say that the mysterious Zul-qarnain is Alexander the Great (which would make this passage an embellished fabrication of historic events turning it into a myth), plus it appears that this passage supports a flat earth theory, which supposedly premeditates this book. Now, if the creator believes or leads people to believe that the earth is flat, that the sun is a small object capable of landing into or on water, that leads me to believe that that creator is a simple desert-dwelling man, fabricating fables, myths & stories into a book that leads some people into flying planes into buildings.

since 9-11 I have tried to figure out why or how 19 people were led to do this dreadful thing, and all I can say is that most paths lead to Mohammad, he was looked at as the perfect Muslim and so the examples in the Sunnah & Hadiths are very informative

to me, they paint a picture of a man possessed by power, sex, murder

1. pedophile = married 6 year old Aisha bint Abi Bakr, possibly "thighed" her until he consummated the marriage when she was 9 years old
    2. coveted/adulterer = forced his adopted son to divorce his wife Zaynab bint Jahsh so that he could marry her
    3. sex addict = Mohammad was the only muslim that could have more than 4 wives & have women give themselves to him without it being fornication
    4. bandit = robbed Meccan caravans
    5. ethnic cleanser/genocide = forced 2 of the 3 main Jewish tribes in Arabia to move out, killed the males of the 3rd tribe & sold the women & children into slavery
    6. after killing her family, forced Safiyya bint Huyayy, a Jewish woman to marry him
    7. a slave owner/trader, he married a Christian Coptic slave Maria al-Qibtiyya
    8. assassin = had several poets that made fun of him killed

wives
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad's_wives

Jewish Arab tribes
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_tribes_of_Arabia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banu_Qurayza

Battle of Badr
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Badr

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

All religious books were written by humans, not gods, so that's there are so many things that are wrong within them. The books were written when they wanted to control their people and by coming up with this mythological stuff it seemed to work...for awhile but now all it seems to do is cause more problems in every religion, dividing people into separate groups saying their interpretation is the correct one and not the others.

17. Adstar Valued Senior Member

So is this a THIRD thread on the same issue?

Do you want me to give the same answer 3 times Michael?

Or is this thread somehow differant to the thread you made before? Come on lets see how you define this one as differant to the last.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

18. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

so...harry potter is the real god? at least the witches don't get burned in this one.

19. Saint Valued Senior Member

Christians think Quran is the fake words of God given by Satan.

20. swarm Registered Senior Member

They both believe in magic sky faries.

21. Saint Valued Senior Member

I found Quran very difficult to understand.
    I got an english version of it, but it is hard to comprehend.
    I do not know what actually it wants to tell me.

22. MKT Registered Member

u r confused and well be confused forever, because u dont know anything about Quran
    I ask u: did u read Quran?

23. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

this thread has a big potential of clarification and debate, but i can see from the general attitude that it'll be wasted..
    humph, michael being "very very confused:bawl:" indeed..