a prized philosophy of mine, revealed.

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by scifes, Jul 19, 2009.

1. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

(Beta) a prized philosophy of mine, revealed.

you'd better be anxious, because what's coming is really something.

it is an answer to the following, but i thought it's worth a new thread.

in the end of this thread, you should either start seriously thinking of god's existance, or point out to a mistake in my logic.

the following may seem simply put in a few lines, but it took me some SERIOUS thinking to validate it.

here goes:

the following is the conversation:

now,

anything might be subjective.

a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g.

is there anything excluded?

...ponder...

our reality is our perception, and our perception could be wrong, and relates to false absolute values.

the whole world we're in could be something designed with a future computer, and we're brains in vats, for example.

AAAGH THE POINT IS THE ONLY THING THAT ESCAPES THE SUBJECTIVE NET AND STAYS OBJECTIVE IS US AS PERCIPIENTs, AND THE PERCEPTION.

um, so that means we exist because we perceive.1

2, the creator of the perception has to exist. and he has to be as good as this world we perceive. this world being so complex, means the creator has to be very intelligent...and all scientists know how complex this world and it's rules and equilibriums are.

so if we're brains in vats playing a WOW game, someone has to be making the maps.

if we are asleep in some storage facility with things sticking out of our brains and this whole world is like EA's Sim and SimCity and SimPets and SimUniversity and SimVillage and their sequels, all in one..then again, someone has to be creating the maps we play in.

*deeeep sigh*

fire away.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

actually, on second thought, you don't have to fire away, i can do with "you're right!!" and "i didn't think of it before!!" and "that's great, i totally agree!!" every once in a while. you know, for a change.

if that's too much to ask, then i guess it can't be helped.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Argument from complexity. There doesn't have to be a creator for complex things.

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

ever played a video game?

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

9. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

WHAT??

:roflmao:

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'm trying to start a new trend. Sign everything with "Baron Max"

Baron Max

11. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

how else can you explain the creation of a level in that game without someone sitting down and programming it?

12. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

HEADS WILL ROLL FOR THIS:jason:

Baron Max

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  13. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

-=-

We perceive because we exist, not the reverse.

IF we are in an artificial world, someone(s) created it. That says nothing about whether gods exist.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Games tend to reflect a simplified version of the world and human activities, and thus imply the existence of those humans. Reality is unique, and does not imply a reflection of something else.

Bacon Mac

15. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

but that's what people call god, the creator of this world, what did you think god means?

16. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

how is reality unique?

but we just said we can't be sure what reality is!!??

you mean we can't apply logic to it?

oh man i think it's fairly simple in the OP. um, don't mean this in a goading way, but i think it's better if you all took your time test proofing my theory, we can have better argument that way.

and i'm still waiting for some one to approve

17. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

-=-

In that case it simply means someone(s) who can & do create an artificial simulation. If that's what god means to you, you do believe we are in an artificial simulation.
    Someday, maybe soon, we may be gods then.

18. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

YES!!:yay:

that IS what it means, that someone(s) who can and do create something* we "live" in and call reality.

*that "something" is reality as we know it, you need to be aware of another reality to call this one "artificial".

19. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

-=-

You're contradicting yourself again.

20. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

ahh stranger i've had it with you, i think i overhad my dose of sciforums for today..

later.

21. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

um, could this thread be a proof that god exists?

22. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

On one hand, why can't the universe just exist. On the other hand, this universe must have a "beginning," at least from the first (or only) iteration depending on the theory used. This universe defines energy as the only eternal thing that exists in it. It is also known that energy can create matter. So, what caused the build up of energy...what caused the universe-pendulum start swinging (depending on the theory)?

Everything else (even humanity) but that moment can be attributed to the reaction of the universe expanding. The collision that caused amino acids to exist can be traced to the (or a single) explosion of the universe.

That is the question I am holding my verdict for.

23. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Which comes first: perception or existence? Do we perceive because we exist, or exist because we perceive?
    Is this not also tied up to what we mean when we say something is said to "exist" - i.e. if we define existence as "that which can be perceived by us" then this begs the question and you're stuck with a logical fallacy as a very comy bed-fellow?
    Please resolve these issues then rephrase your opening post.

Argument from complexity, as spidergoat mentioned earlier. A common fallacy with regard consciousness, creation etc, but no less fallacious for that.

No.