Bhagavad Gita 9 11

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Bishadi, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Bishadi Banned Banned

this just cracked me up

http://www.iskcon.org/books/bg/bg.php?ch=9

but then to see 12-15 and what i come up with

is beyond weird

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bishadi Banned Banned

read for yourself

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Which bit of the specifically stated "atheistic views" did you miss.
    It doesn't say anything like "religious minds will be defeated" it states quite clearly the opposite.

8. swarm Registered Senior Member

Look just put the "translation."

We don't nee 15 pages of gobble-dee-gook.

9. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Bishadi,

10. Bishadi Banned Banned

and any who follow lies beliefs and maintain the ignorance of dogma are the 'anti'... the demonic, the beasts!

such is raising a child and whole families under the guise of idiologies (carrying a cross is idol worshipping; teaching the kids Eve committed the first sin and why women are pursecuted is EXACTLY what that is)

kind of cool?

The false preachers will be destroyed and be certain, them of the clergy who have harmed mankind for sooooooooooooooooo long will fare the worst!

"BOWING DOWN BEFORE ME".......................... not gonna happen!

them are mankinds ideals; god don't need homage

you honor existence (God) by being responsible to your every action.

It is why when you lie, you dishonor your mother and father(s); and that is breaking the commands, too.

Knowledge is what progresses; so what you know now is well beyond what your fathers knew. Just as your children will know far more than you (if not YOU FAILED)

what you need to get over, is that the absolute has never existed before and you are now seeing material that has evolved and the problem is not that the knowledge is 'less than'

but that you 'don't wanna' learn!

you are bound to the pretty pictures in your mind (just like any other demonic atheist)

11. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Might be worth while to also take a gander at 7.24, 13.13 or the clincher 14.27

... or to cut to the chase, check out the answer to

BG 12.1 Arjuna inquired: Which are considered to be more perfect, those who are always properly engaged in Your devotional service or those who worship the impersonal Brahman, the unmanifested?

12. Bishadi Banned Banned

those who engage

worshipping is for them who actually believe they are incapable of knowing the truth.................

"we're not worthy".............. (as 2 bow to alice cooper)

13. lightgigantic Banned Banned

(insert drum roll ....)

and 12.2 reads

The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: Those who fix their minds on My personal form and are always engaged in worshiping Me with great and transcendental faith are considered by Me to be most perfect.

I guess this means you (and possibly alice cooper) have different ideas of perfection than Krishna.

Of course this wouldn't necessarily bug me so much if you didn't try and pass your rendition of the gita as plausible ....

14. Bishadi Banned Banned

i just posted what i see combined with a bunch of material (rememeber i shared the line of 'coincidences')

for example: read this again

The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: Those who fix their minds on My personal form (all of existence: as ONE) and are always engaged in worshiping Me with great and transcendental faith are considered by Me to be most perfect.

IF you consider all of existence (everything) as god, then each of the words mankind 'created' are used to share and increase the knowledge of god.

Words transcend time; that is why knowledge evolves!

TO honor God perfectly, would be to seek understanding HIM and by observing the WORDS from all corners of HIS existence (the knowledge from four colors of mankind).

So i can make sense of it quite easily!

how about you? does the concept really hurt, or does it make absolute sense?

15. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Given that the gita is making clear distinctions between the personal form and the universal form within the discussion (which in turn krishna explains as having ramifications to how one relates/understands/approaches it), I think you have to explain yourself.

IOW if you say that the personal existence = all of existence and therefore the means and ways of approaching and discussing it are non-different you are introducing an idea separate from the gita.
    If that was the case, there would be no need for

BG 12.5
    For those whose minds are attached to the unmanifested, impersonal feature of the Supreme, advancement is very troublesome. To make progress in that discipline is always difficult for those who are embodied.

to be made in comparison to

BG12.6
    But those who worship Me, giving up all their activities unto Me and being devoted to Me without deviation, engaged in devotional service and always meditating upon Me, having fixed their minds upon Me, O son of Påthä—for them I am the swift deliverer from the ocean of birth and death.

However words exist in relation to an object too
    to honour god perfectly is too try and understand his words ..... otherwise there would be no essential difference between reading the gita and a telephone directory

A person might also be able to derive a sense of narrative from a phone directory too

its not so much that the concept hurts but that it runs contrary to the text you reference

16. Bishadi Banned Banned

tangible (mass) you can experience as well consciously (the universal; to each also conscious)

that is why 'words' are not so much the items to learn but the meanings to them, that apply universally to all mankind. (ie... the words: Love, light, life, god)

we are here now, the gita is a collective of works to the time layered by many from many periods as the knowledge (words) evolved; just like the western religions (OT to NT and all the books there of)

personal existence is what we NOW experience; the "total" includes all time, all layers of mankind, knowledge and conscious experiences

how long ago was it when 'magnetic fields' were measured? How about gravity?

When was gita written? Was that material including many of the phenomenon we (mankind) now know how to define?

The supreme is all of everything we can even think of experiencing; comprehending HIM is what 'we the people' do with the words mankind creates.

you call it contrary but have not issued a case that is apparent.

17. lightgigantic Banned Banned

"personal form" and "universal form", however, remain distinct.

SO its more a case of you believing you have poetic license or something?
    The personal experience of the living entity and the personal experience of god remain distinct, however
    I guess if you are willing to put the knowledge that is presented in the same category as the knowledge that surrounds gravity and magnetic forces, any thing goes .......

:shrug:

The case is that you are misrepresenting the teachings of the gita .... once again, I wouldn't have a problem with them if you didn't insist on representing them in the same breath ....