baby boomers have destroyed the global economy and bankrupt the species

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by ripleofdeath, Jul 8, 2009.

1. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

baby boomers have destroyed the global economy and bankrupt the species

they have ruined superannuation (pensions)
    they have ruined the government savings schemes
    they have stolen all the money out of investments
    they are about to cancel pensions for all the generation X & Y people (their own children).

what should we do about it ?

should we throw all baby boomers out on the street when it comes to their old age ?

should we make all elderly care user pays in the next 2 years to stop them from stealing what is left ?

the baby boomers have completely destroyed the global economy and now expect us to support them and pay for them in their old age.

i think its about time we took back what is rightfully ours and refuse to fund them with our own taxs which they have already stolen and expect to get for free.

what do you think ?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I think your irrational response is entirely expected, given the disconnect with reality we Americans experience daily. I think it all started to go downhill with Ronald Reagan, who convinced people that although we were the richest country on the planet, we could not afford any new deal innovations that would have prevented the exact situation we are in now. He didn't invent it, but starting in that era, we fooled ourselves that we could be content with illusions, with credit, and not base our daily lives on anything real.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

mmmm kay...
    yeah thoughts are bad mmm kay !

1. i am not american
    2. America does not own the world economy
    3. expecting irrationality is like expecting chaos the very idea of expecting the unexpected is simply a failure to say when you are wrong and you seem to be doing a good job of that(trying to win at all costs just like all power and control dysfunctional baby boomers).
    4. im thinking what number 4 can be
    5. you did not offer anything apart from trying to suggest baby boomers are soo clever that they can fool themselves.
    6. fooling yourself is also known as "lying to yourself" which is just another form of political correctness that baby boomers wish to be judged by while not having to judge others by the same rule of social ignorance and pretense\.
    7. i like the number 7 so im not listing anything with it.
    8. i kinda like the number 8 also but its far too popular for me to like it properly.
    9. i also really like the number 9 so wont number anything with that either.
    10. now this list looks long and so i am now more important and more cleverer than anyone in the world.
    11. is a cool number so i will use it to mention american spelling can suck my linguistic Popsicles.

12. the number of the beast of imperialism and the aberration that is known as christian genocidal crusade history propaganda.

13. the bestest number in the whole world.

14. the age of self actualisation as an adult stuck in a childs body and the self delusion you speak of as if the baby boomers were trying to be idealistic by wanting to live an illusion and there for asserting they are some type of victim makes me want to commit mass murder of baby boomers(with a pairing knife and an artichoke).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

baby boomers voted for user pays for the majority and did not save for their own retirement.

why should we support them ?

we do not owe them anything !

they spent all their parents money and then spent all their money and left nothing for their own childrens future.
    then went about telling us all we had to pay for our own stuff and now they say we cant have their tax money to pay for social welfare but they expect us to pay higher tax to fund their social welfare when they retire.

i say fuck em all and throw them out on the street.
    user pays elder care for all baby boomers.
    no money no house no food no health care
    just like what they voted for(voting for user pays) over and over again.

8. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Dear god. Riple. Are you Australian ?

If so, Why should we treat a demographic different because they're the largest group in the population ? If you have any links to back up your points, I could understand what you're saying.

9. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I blame Gen Y.

10. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

The final solution is to adopt all Hitler's policies, substituting the word baby boomer for Jew.
    eg, his speech in Salzberg, 1920.

For us, this is not a problem you can turn a blind eye to-one to be solved by small concessions. For us, it is a problem of whether our nation can ever recover its health, whether the Baby-Boomerish spirit can ever really be eradicated. Don't be misled into thinking you can fight a disease without killing the carrier, without destroying the bacillus. Don't think you can fight racial tuberculosis without taking care to rid the nation of the carrier of that racial tuberculosis. This Baby-Boomerish contamination will not subside, this poisoning of the nation will not end, until the carrier himself, the Baby-Boomer, has been banished from our midst. (Applause)

11. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

don't be silly i would have to be twins to be a half wit if i was Australian

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

(no offense Asguard you know the story)

seriously though, did you miss the global credit meltdown ?
    have you been camping for the last year or 25 ?

did you miss the fact medi care has gone bankrupt about 3 times in the last 15 years ?

did you miss the fact most western countries cant afford topay superannuation for the baby boomers ?

did you miss the fact we are about to have the largest ever recorded shift of population into the elderly bracket putting a strain on health care that has never EVER happened before ?

have you missed the fact that health care is basically bankrupt in most countries and cant afford to give what is publicly deemed as"normal" health care to those aging people ?

have you missed the fact that the retirement age has been put up not because people are living longer but because people need to work longer because they cant afford to live on retirement incomes ?

your just not even on the same page so what exactly do you propose to discus in this thread ?

Captain Kremmen
    that's kinda funny but not really past the moments laugh i got from it.
    such a comment just goes to highlight the fact you cant be trusted to put the true facts forward and instead resort to hyping rhetoric of radical propaganda.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  12. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

1 ripple i cant for the life of me rember whatever your talking about

2 country IS important because words tend to be used differently depending where you are, super for example

3 super is private, its a percentage of what someone earns which is invested until retirement in order to take the buden of the fed gov aged pention (paid by tax)

4 super never actually had a chance to work. the baby boombers were surposed to be the first to retire on it but the guts have been ripped out of it at the moment

5 the one thing which REALLY pisses me off is the change to the retirement age, made by people who work at a desk with no thought to those who work in the manual labor sectors (health, emergency services, the defence force ect)

13. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

What we're going to do about it, is work until we're 90 years old or dead.

14. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Actually the economic collapse started with non baby boomer's like President Kennedy with the starting of the Vietnam war, President Johnson with his helping everyone out plan for the poor, President Nixon for digging the US into more economic problems with the escalation of the Vietnam war and the oil crises which he could have stopped , President Carter letting interest rates climb above 25 percent, President Reagen for building the military and putting trillions into it causing more debt to be mounted as well as allowing the bank failures to happen. So , you see none of the problems were actually caused by the baby boomer's but by their parents so let's put the blame where it belongs ...please!

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Wrong. It's not just the baby boomers, it's humans in general.

17. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

okie folks, thanks for your responses please keep the topic alive as i think it really does need to be nutted out.

Asgaurd, (im over the ditch).
    super as you have defined it is something that the working class generally do not have as far as i am aware.
    would be good to have a comment by a government economist on the demographics of it though to shed some facts and figures.

yes i am rather annoyed at the retirement age being put up.
    i think it is an affront to decent society.
    putting the burden on those who have created it is what needs to happen.

national super has been systematically targeted for theft time and time again by the political right wing to try and widen the gap between the rich and poor to create a slave class that they can feed off while they steal all their hard earnt tax money.
    simply poll right wing people and you will find they think tax revenue is money for nothing and it is first in first serve to those who can steal it.
    as soon as the political right wing are not in government then tax revenue is suddenly owned outright by the common worker.
    complete hypocrisy and corruption of the core morals and ethics to that we would normally consider normal and decent.

Varda,
    you are quite right !
    and everyone will be saying "oh well there is nothing we can do and its not our fault".

Captain Kremmen
    i would like to think the irony of easter island holding the secret to complete lack of conservation and efficient life styles is not lost on you.
    population control is key along with sustainable living.

cosmictraveler
    soo... what do you attribute the massive excesses of the late 50s and 60s to ?
    boom and bust just like the stock market in the 80s ?
    massive amounts of tax revenue was collected and spent for social development after WWII.
    it seems to me that all that investment has been wasted, time and time again until there is nothing left to work with.
    now all the governments are bankrupt.
    do we need another war to kill off a few hundred million to start the boom and bust cycle over again from a low population point ?
    surely it would be ideal to start in countries like china India and Africa and just wipe a billion or 2 off the map for a good even playing feild ?

Enmos, do you prescribe to human nature being innate greed and lack of self awareness ?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  18. Enmos Valued Senior Member

In a sense, yes. But I'd sooner say lack of awareness of the bigger picture. So it's more like greed and ignorance, arrogance or ignorant arrogance.

19. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

your wrong there but i think australia is the only country to use it (though i did hear the UK was talking about bringing it in). its mandiated by law that ALL full time and permident part time employees MUST have 9% (we think) of there total gross income put into a superfund of the employees choice. that choice can be the fund that the employer organises with (mostly low fee industry funds) or any other one the employee choses. this means even if the company goes bust (say general motors) the super is still safe because it has to be paid into the fund monthly i belive. the only exception is the public servants fund which is paid out of the goverments budget but there is no risk to that (i would LOVE to be in that fund because it NEVER loses money). some employers (like my partners) chose to offer a higher rate as part of ther renumeration package and employees can chose to pay extra into it and get tax offsets for it but the catch is that once money is in the fund you cant touch it till you hit the retirement age except in specific cirumstances like to pay for major medical care if nessary

20. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

okie, well i tend to think this is nurture bias mixed with nurture mental illness/disease from bad parenting and a society that is geared to negative reinforcement.
    thus a change is certain all be it slow and possibly too slow to the point where you have extremists like tali-ban trying to put genocidal war upon those who are trying to get ahead.

i tend to think that there is a maturity point where the human becomes fixed like a loaf of bread is baked.
    if the person is nurtured in the most common form of dysfunction then they get to a point where change is impossible without mind altering drugs.

21. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Who could dusagree with the fine words of Heinrich Himmler, Reich Leader of the SS and Chief of the German Police, on 25 November 1939.

"It’s great to get to grips with the Boomerish race at last. The more they die the better… We want to put half to three-quarters of all Baby-boomers east of the Vistula. We will crush these overgrown wailing Babies wherever we can. … Get the Boomers out of the Reich… We have no use for Boomers in the Reich. Probably the line of the Vistula, behind this line no more. We are the most important people here…"

22. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

i have reported your second post because you are being a troll.

if i was to call you a jew then no doubt it would be considered an offensive comment.
    the fact you think you can flog me with such accusations defines you as not only a racist but a bigot and one batting for the genocidal types that shoot women and children in Palestine.

23. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member