Nassim Haramein and Grand Unified Field Theory

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by xerond, Jun 13, 2009.

1. xerond Registered Member

So I stumbled upon one of this guy's videos a month or so back and to my surprise made me very excited. I'm no physicist, yet hearing what he was talking about encouraged me to delve into these ideas and seek for any real foundation or recognition(peer review) of what hes talking about.

I'd post a link to one of his videos but you'll have to go to google video and just type in Nassim Haramein and watch the first result that you get.

What sucks though, is as I continued to watch this guy with full attention he began to make very very far out connections with his theory. Drawing connections between UFOs, aliens, the pyramids, ancient civilizations, and even quoting out of the bible and posing that the arch of the covenant could have been a container for an alien device.

...Yeah.

So I've completely reserved judgement on this guy until I could hear someone with credentials that could seriously consider what he is posing. Has anyone here come across his yet?

He claims to have unified the four fields of physics into one reasonable explanation. That the universe is infinitely large and infinitely small and that the governing force that controls all things is actually gravity. That the strong and weak force is simply a miscalculation related to Einstein field theory and that his numbers prove that the force is simply gravity. That there is no dark matter. And the reason we can't see this dark matter is a due to a fundamental error in physics.

Like I said, I'm no physicist and would never claim to be so these ideas sounds very interesting coming from his mouth but I would like to her other professional opinions on this matter before I make any kind of judgement.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. xerond Registered Member

Something I'll add which has enough weight to be mentioned... is a bit of resonance and personal understanding which at first sounded quite interesting.

He mentions that his unified theory relates to fractal theory and that the universe is infinitely big and infinitely small.

And fractals are very very beautiful objects and I watch them regularly. There is an screensaver online that I would highly suggest anyone here checks out called Electric Sheep.

I'd link but you'll have to google it. And if you want to know what this screensaver looks like go to youtube and type in the same name. The program is a mathematical genome project which uses algorithms to project fractal animations in what are called "sheep". These fractal animations are created and inserted into the population. Through user voting (like or dislike) these 4 second fractal animations are deleted(or killed) from the flock and won't show up on user's computers if no one likes them. And the ones that are liked, continue to live within the flock and even mate with eachother. A splicing of the algorithms is made procedurally with successful and well liked sheep to create off-spring that is then entered into the flock or "gene-pool" of sheep. Which is then subject to the same voting environment. This creates a vast and ever changing population of fractal animations that will play on your computer screen as a screen-saver when you're not using it. While working the program can use your system's resources to render new sheep to be added to the herd. And by using your internet connection in a fashion like bitorrent, it will constantly download, cycle, and update the animations that will play on your screen.

With that said, these are very entrancing to watch and are quite beautiful.

During some personal therapy sessions I'll even take small doses of psilocybin mushrooms and watch these animations while listening to music. The therapeutic effect is profound. I would even go out on a limb and say watching these animations in that state is very very spiritual and mysterious. You really can't explain it. I'm not religious but I definitely have an open admiration for nature and the universe and am humble enough to say I don't know jack shit about how the universe works. As do most of us humans. All in all, having that personal profound relationship to fractal animations is what kind of struck a chord in me when Nassim made that connection. However, still, I can't validate his claims so it is still a mystery to me.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.