Mysteries of the Black Eyed Kids

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by unexplained_mysterie, Jun 12, 2009.

1. unexplained_mysterie Registered Member

"The mystery of the black-eyed kids started growing strong back in 1998 when a journalist, Brain Bethel, reported an incident he had with two black-eyed kids. They were young, not teenagers, but a bit younger.

Black eyed kids

Does anyone think this is real. I had a friend claim he had an encounter with something like this in a dream. the house he lived in was haunted.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

OMG!! I saw one of them. I was at a theatre. I got a pic of it. Is it a real kid or is the theatre haunted??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Hyperactive nervous system?

Someone's eyes can look completely black because their pupils are massively dilated.

Some stimulant drugs could do this to you.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

or their eyes are very dk brown, making the iris hard to see

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Yup. My niece who's half black and half Caucasian, has eyes like that.

9. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

There is a medical condition that some people can suffer which causes haemorrhaging of the veins in the eyes. (Bungee jumpers can be prone to it.)

Also physical trauma can cause it too. (In fact I found an image of Subconjunctival haemorrhage through google, but I'm reluctant to post it here as it was of a child abuse victim. However in the image the victim's white of their eye is as bruised [black/grey] like a bruise would be on another part of the body.)

As for folklore... There is always someone out there with a story to tell, they just tend to miss mentioning a disclaimer before they reel you in.

10. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

my gf's eyes didn't develop properly, and the irises are slightly bigger than they're supposed to be. i doubt in her life more than 10 people have noticed it, but i thought it worth mentioning that the irises can be larger than usual. if someone's really interested, they ought to pm madanthony, he's an optometrist i think.