Lying to Recruiter

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Orleander, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

When military recruiters call our house wanting to talk to my 18 yr old son, can I get into trouble for lying to them?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

What are you going to lie about? Why not be honest with them and let them know what you think? If your son feels the same way you do then why not let him speak to them as well? I really do not believe that you will have any problems with them IF they do call your son at all. I've never heard of them doing that myself.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Never heard of them calling homes? Well, the Marines and Army do. They also have free give-aways in his high-school.
    If I tell them what I think, its gonna be more time on the phone than I want. And it won't stop them calling.
    I told them my son had Down Syndrome.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I can understand recruitment at high schools but when it comes to calling homes, that's a new twist, thank you for informing me about that, I didn't realize it was being done. I really don't think you'll be in any trouble as long as your son doesn't want to join up and enlist with the same recruiters office.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. jmpet Valued Senior Member

Just tell them you want your son to finish his education first. My 12 year old came home two weeks ago with a National Guard keychain he got from school... my son well knows my opinion on that- one trip to North Dakota then into Canada is the route we'll be taking...

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

My son was curious about how they pay for college once you get out. I said "if you get out"
    He's was thinking Coast Guard. Unfortunately he doesn't like getting wet, so there goes that.

And if my son ever got drafted, we'll meet you in Canada

10. jmpet Valued Senior Member

As I have told my son on many occasions, if it's World War Two and it's my job to save the world, then I will be the first on line at the recruitment office. But if it's going to the middle east to die in the dirt for no point then brother you can count me out. My significant other was born in Canada and was adopted and grew up in the USA. Recently, Canada changed the law allowing these kinds of people to have a dual citizenship- I am all for that.

11. phlogistician Banned Banned

Do you live in 'The Land of the Free'?

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

before 9/11 I did

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The reason they are calling is because your Son is already in contact, and know to them, He had to take the first step, they do not cold call, and by what you did you made your self look like the grand fool.

Your Son is growing up, and he is going to explore paths and make decisions that you are not going to like or agree with, that is part and parcel of growing up, and becoming a Man.

14. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

I laughed heartily at this. My dad was a recruiter. I don't think there's a problem.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

A provision of President Bush's No Child Left Behind Act requires school districts to provide military recruiters with student phone numbers and addresses or risk losing millions in federal education funding. Parents or students 18 and over can "opt out" by submitting a written request to keep the information private.​

Orleander, you didn't take any oaths to tell the truth to them, so feel free to lie your ass off. Just tell them he's gay.

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

yep, a grand fool with a son who is alive.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I can live with being a grand fool.
    And they have his name because he signed up in the drawing they had at the high school for the free stuff.

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

dang, didn't think of that one.

18. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Why would you have an obligation to tell the truth? They're the ones trying to indoctrinate your son. Of course you should lie!

And while you're at it, tell them to quit calling your home and STFU

19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

There is no need to be rude to them is there?

20. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Absolutely there is. They are violent, aggressive, narrowminded fools that poke their noses where they aren't wanted. Of course you should be rude.

That being said, I'm not trying to sound like the e-tough guy or anything. I wouldn't provoke them or anything, they're soldiers after all, their job is to be killers. However you should be blunt and tell them to stop calling

That's what I'd do.

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Takandjive, is this true?

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

norsefire, if my son wanted to be in the military, I'd have no issue with it. I am a military brat myself. But he is NOT allowed to sign up for the Army or Marines. My baby is NOT cannon fodder.
    I also know my son and his temperament is not suitable for the military. It wouldn't mold him into a stronger man, it would break him

23. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I doubt she'll agree.

However you must understand the mindset behind the military-oriented...it centers around xenophobia and extremism; patriotism is a religion. A disease. Just like the military.

I used to be very fascist-minded, that's how they think.