What's Up With North Korea?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by jmpet, May 28, 2009.

1. jmpet Valued Senior Member

Why is North Korea so fucked up?

The entire nation is a failed state- GOD knows the depth of inhumanity North Koreans suffer. The smart ones get the hell out and move to China. Let me say that again, the smart ones move to third world China to seek a better life... think about that.

Why hasn't anyone taken over North Korea? Is it because of their standing army? Is it because we don't want to blow away innocent North Koreans with MODERN weapons???

I can make a better argument for taking over North Korea than Bush did for taking over Iraq. Why aren't we- the civilized world- doing anything about North Korea?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

Why would anybody want to take over North Korea? What is in it for any other nation? Don't say altruism. Anything that you have seen nations do that looked like altruism will on closer inspection turn out not to be altruism. Altruists are a best useful political allies but they have never been powerful enough anywhere in the world to do anything without without the help of stronger Realpolitik allies.

If the Korean government is really good at propagandizing to their own people then their army and people might fight an invasion and they might be competent at that.

The main reason that they are a failed state is because communism is a failed economic system. But a second major reason they are a failed state is that they waste a lot of resources on defending the state. Big military, big intelligence force, big propaganda machine.

Things are OK as they are for South Korea and China. Why should they rock the boat?

North Korea will change some day. All around the world and throughout history political regimes resist being replaced until replacement is clearly inevitable.

The only non-altruistic reason to speed that day is to stop nuclear proliferation. North Korea could lower it's defense spending if it had a good nuclear arsenal. North Korea is surrounded by 5 more powerful potential enemies. Why shouldn't North Korea be allowed to have Nukes with which to defend themselves? It is asking to much of the North Korean regime to ask them to agree that North Korea should not have nukes because North Korea regime does not deserve to be defended.

The problem with North Korea having nukes is that they are so poor that they will find it irresistible to sell the technology to other nations.

Suppose North Korea and South Korea united as a capitalist democracy even then It probably would be in the best interests for the new united Korea to have nukes.

If we want to stop nuclear proliferation the large powers will have to guarantee the security of weaker nations and cease using military power as a method to coerce the weaker nations to do the bidding of the strong nations and as a method to coerce weaker nations to grant economic gifts to the corporate allies of the strong nations political elite.

Every rinkydink nation needs nukes if if the strong nations won't behave.

Sure North Korea sucks and should fall but if you put yourself in the regime's shoes you can make sense of the situation. Remember everybody lies to themselves and tries to convince themselves that they are better than they are.

The people that have suffered the most and is should be first in line for an altruistic intervention are not the people of North Korea, or Darfur, or Palestine, or Myanmar, or Afghanistan, or Somalia. The people most in need of altruistic intervention are the people of Eastern Congo but that is their tough luck because nations don't do altruistic interventions.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. eddie23 information sponge Registered Senior Member

very nicly put.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

North Korea the ChickenHawk country.

DESPERATELY WANTS SOMEONE TO FIGHT IT>>>PLEASE? CAN I HAZ MORE FOOD???

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. draqon Banned Banned

the reason for this is because North Korea is strong. It is military strong country. It was able to produce the necessary nuclear technology and advance its ballistic missile industry by itself.

North Korea is not the "blood feather" media portrays it to be. North Korea is a strong nation and it is quite capable of defending itself for its values. There is a great reason why South Koreans have lost the war to North Korea and Japan lost control over it as well. It is because North Koreans are strong willed people and quite capable of being defended.

North Korea has the potential to destroy Japan and South Korea, I am afraid that if action will not be taken soon it will do so.

Let us pray, for nuclear tears of the sky will wash away everything we knew...

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Need I say more?

10. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

draqon,

YOU have to be joking or sarcastic. NK lowered the minimum height requirement to enter the army because NK people are not growing to normal height in adulthood due to malnutrition.

M

11. draqon Banned Banned

I aM not Joking and Not beinG sarcasTic, just beCAuse you are smalL doesNT mean you Aere not powerfulll

12. superstring01 Moderator

Who portrays them that way? Which media? When?

Well, duh? Which values are those? Is it the one where more people are in poverty than any nation around them? The one where people starve en mass every winter because the government steels all the food for the military? Tell me, draq, what values are we talking about?

Again, proving your ignorance in history. Japan totally, and ruthlessly controlled the Korean peninsula. Korea was a vassal state of Japan for many years. The Reason why "Japan" lost was strong Chinese resistance, British-American naval dominance along with two atomic bombs dropped on their cities.

The Reason why South Korea "almost" lost the Korean war had NOTHING to do with North Korea, but the presence of several million Chinese tropps that suddenly joined the fith and brought LOTS of Soviet money and weapons with them.

You really need to get a clue.

~String

13. draqon Banned Banned

ideology of Juche is what I am talking about.

and North Korea does get help from China and that is why it is strong.

14. superstring01 Moderator

Well, how big of you to mention that in the beginning.

You do realize that China has slowly been cutting all of its aid to North Korea don't you?

Sure you do, 'cause you read and stuff.

~String

15. draqon Banned Banned

you do realize that "china has slowly been cutting all of its aid to North Korea" is a Western propaganda you been so well reading

nuclear technology does not spring out of nowhere...

16. draqon Banned Banned

17. superstring01 Moderator

Your point? Who ever said that North Korea didn't have these rockets?

See, this is where I get annoyed with you Draq, you post complete nonsense that doesn't further the argument in any way.

~String

18. draqon Banned Banned

the point is that you cannot just get hugely successful with such technology by yourself, they are receiving help from elsewhere.

Or you choose to ignore that?

Not fitting in with your ideology, heh.

19. superstring01 Moderator

Not ignoring anything. As usual, your grasping at straws. What ideology are you speaking about? Because "my" ideology has nothing to do with this.

I'm well aware of China's and North Korea's relationship. China has been North Koreas only (and best) friend for quite some time. Which is precisely why it's tough to get North Korea to the negotiating table.

But posting pictures of North Korea's rockets proves, what? It's not like anybody was denying their technology which they apparently have plenty of.

~String

20. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

YOUR HIGH! North Korea would not stand a chance against South Korea and the US, this is why half of their military budget goes into ballistic missile development because their like a one leged insane hobo, they are one with a knife to the throats of some japanese douche and his own sisters, saying "If you kill me I'll kill them first, I swear to god! Now give me food, fuck you american pig, I'll get me a knife long enough to shiv you too, where my food?!?

This is why I'm inclined to believe that it might be good if we invade, just to show the world that North Korea behavior is not acceptable, and that their polices were in fact dooming them to be crushed all along, but instead we have countires like Iran that want to follow in the foot steps of North Koreans "give me stuff or I'll shiv you" policy because it been so successful.

Unfortunately with China pimp still enjoying cheap blowjobs with the hobo, china will be pissed off if the hobo was shot, not to mention the actual risk to the japanese douche and the hobo's sister, fuck he might actually be able to stab the american p/police officer before the bullets take their effect. And we now have religious nut ball Iran is trying to make its own shiv so it too can go around mugging people for money and respect.

This could have been solved has we made a non-aggression pack with North Korea along the lines of "If you develop weapon X,Y,Z we will attack you with prejudice, if not we won't ever attack you." The same should be done with Iran. But know the american police officer is too much much of a power trip freak to level with people!

21. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

You have your history wrong.

The Communists had insurgency going against Japan and had some some respect from many Korean people. This was before Communism had proved itself to be a failure throughout the world.

The early opponents of communism throughout the world proved to be correct but they had emotional reasons for opposing communism and I don't think superior understanding of human nature or economics is why they happened to be correct. Communism was and is better than many forms of feudalism but capitalism is much better than communism. Who could have known that trial and error is better than central planning and that people are to self to motivated by collective goals?

The group placed in charge of South Korea really had little support from Koreans.

One on One North Korea was thoroughly beating South Korea. Then the Americans and allied nations Joined the war and started thoroughly beating the North Koreans and drove deep into North Korea and were on the verge of completely defeating North Korea. Then China entered the War and a phase of China defeating the USA started. China was taking land quickly but was losing a lot of soldiers. Then the USA reinforced troops and a stalemate phase began. Then the Truce and the DMZ were created.

Had there been a Korean election between the communists and the the US appointed anti-Communists in the early 1950s the communists would have won the election even in South Korea.

22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

as evil as they are we need SOMETHING to balance the US. they have the guts and the weaponry to keep the US hesitent. thsts a good thing. the sad thing is the cost

23. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

They racka disciprine.