schizophrenic, ADHD, ADD medications

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by lucifers angel, May 27, 2009.

1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

There seems to be a great deal of people knowing about these drugs, and judge the people who put they're children on these meds,

I know scot there are many horror stories about certain drugs for ADHD, Ritalin being the biggest concern especially in America, where for some reason they denie the ADHD claims, also children who are schizophrenic and take the drugs they have a better quailty of life, and are able to concentrate and be in society without people knowing there is somthing wrong with them,

so ia m asking what is wrong with these ADHD meds:

Trade Name Generic Name Approved Age
    Adderall® Amphetamine and dextroamphetamine 3 and older
    Adderall XR® Amphetamine-dextroamphetamine extended release 6 and older
    Concerta® Methylphenidate extended release

6 and older
    Daytrana® Methylphenidate patch 6 and older
    Desoxyn® Methamphetamine 6 and older
    Dexedrine® Dextroamphetamine 3 and older
    Dextrostat® Dextroamphetamine 3 and older
    Focalin® Dexmethylphenidate 6 and older
    Focalin XR® Dexmethylphenidate extended release 6 and older
    Metadate® ER Methylphenidate extended release 6 and older
    Metadate® CD Methylphenidate extended release

6 and older
    Methylin® Methylphenidate chewable tablets and oral solution 6 and older
    Ritalin® Methylphenidate 6 and older
    Ritalin® SR Methylphenidate extended release

6 and older
    Ritalin® LA Methylphenidate extended release 6 and older
    Vyvanse™ Lisdexamfetamine 6 and older
    ===========================

also why should people judge without really knowing, who gives them the right to judge and declare themselves doctors??

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Nothing. You'll always have the skeptics and naysayers bitching and griping about how this works or this doesn't. Those people are too stupid to realize that everyone has a different body composition. What may work for one person may not work for another. That's why drug companies tell you to consult your doctor before taking any meds as such.

For example, I have ADHD. My doc started me out on Strattera (which is one you didn't list). That didn't work, it just gave me the chills and I woke up covered in sweat one night. Next thing we tried was Wellbutrin (another one you didn't list). That had almost no effect on me whatsoever.
    Next we tried Daytrana...the patch. I started out with 10 mg for a week, then 15 the next, then 20 the next. 10 mg really didn't do anything for me, and 20 made me a bit too jittery. But the 15 mg seemed to keep me alert to where I could focus and concentrate.
    I swear by Daytrana.
    Had Daytrana not worked, the next one on her list would have been Concerta.

For some reason stimulants seem to work best with ADD/ADHD issues.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

yeah sorry that was just a quick list, my son is in fact on strattera, and a few others, we tried concerta xl and i stopped him taking it, because he was not interested in doing anything,

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I love it when my brother takes his medication and so does he. I couldn't care less about what other people and their far less than valid opinions are. They can spend one week with my brother without his medication and see how quiet and calm he is

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

He loves his medication because it allows him to focus in school and his grades dramatically shot up after he re-started not to mention I can actually have an intellectual conversation with him now, without him changing the subject, forgetting what we were talking about, or start playing monsters (or whatever he imagines they are) with his hands. Now that he's older I imagine doing something like that would be quite embarrassing. Just take the smallest dosage of whatever works. If you don't like what it does to you or your child then stop taking it. I can see first hand that medication really can improve one's quality of life.