Surah 96

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Bishadi, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bishadi Banned Banned

This is a method of observing Quran for us 'english' style readers

http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/quran/096.qmt.html

here is the link for the whole Book

http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/quran/

notice the 3 interpretations of the original

i see it as saying ............... "prepare for the 'name'

and DO NOT FOLLOW the jinn (lies of beliefs created by the bad of men)

to be able to observe God as all of existence; which does include all knowledge revealed over time within mankind; who learned how to write and convey; look for truth, find the 'name' of god (the math describing how existence works)

that is how i will view Surah 96 (there is more but in overall summary that is my take)

any others?

enjoy the reading as quran is a cool book if you know how to be honest with yourself and have the eyes of true inquiry

think of God as all that is without ZERO separation from you and the furthest star in the universe;

all is ONE and we live within existence (our creator)

think of how knowledge evolved as well how life evolved into what we are in HIS time

try the view and enjoy the ride

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bishadi Banned Banned

think in the sense, if 'we the people' (mankind) understood life and what we are, then there would be no closer observance to GOD (nature/existence/life)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bishadi Banned Banned

i thought the quran folk liked to read quran

should i just accept the idea that quran folk often don't read quran?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

bishadi..where did you bring the idea of jinn being lies??

and the other one that all people are one with god??

8. jmpet Valued Senior Member

I love reading the Qu'ran. My favorite quippet is:
    16. These are they who have bartered Guidance for error: But their traffic is profitless, and they have lost true direction,

17. Their similitude is that of a man who kindled a fire; when it lighted all around him, Allah took away their light and left them in utter darkness. So they could not see.

18. Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path).

19. Or (another similitude) is that of a rain-laden cloud from the sky: In it are zones of darkness, and thunder and lightning: They press their fingers in their ears to keep out the stunning thunder-clap, the while they are in terror of death. But Allah is ever round the rejecters of Faith!

20. The lightning all but snatches away their sight; every time the light (Helps) them, they walk therein, and when the darkness grows on them, they stand still. And if Allah willed, He could take away their faculty of hearing and seeing; for Allah hath power over all things.

From "The Cow"

Open minded people read all books of faith- this is an especially good book.

The Qu'ran is meant to be said aloud- it is not meant to be read. The verses took on a poetic beat over time from their utterance- anyone ever heard the Qu'ran? It's music. By the time they all got together to officially write the Qu'ran, they assembled all the most knowledgeable of the book and they all kicked down a beat and the Qu'ran was written. That's why there is so much math to the book- it has a pulse.

Since the Qu'ran is the literal word of God, a literal translation of the Qu'ran into English is impossible. That's why there's three English interpretations for each Qu'ranic line. You could do the same with The Holy Bible, only there'd be a dozen variations.

9. swarm Registered Senior Member

The koran sucks. It has to be read in arabic because it is too easy to see how little sense it makes in any language you understand. It is the literal word of a madman.

Its a shame really.

10. j.a.g Registered Member

how little sense it makes in other languages?

i assume u know how the arabic language is? whats the difference between arabic and other languages? And prove it that it is the literal word of a madam,because i guess you wont claim anything without proofs?

thank you

11. ili Registered Member

Created man from a clot of congealed blood?!

WTF?!

God can't write for shit.

12. Bishadi Banned Banned

Many languages are tough as chinese is beyond tough; but almost a 1/3 of the globe speaks the language.

Suggesting the koran sucks is rude. As it is like suggesting the democracy blows from the eyes of a palestinian.

13. Bishadi Banned Banned

that suggests to me that "the knowledge of religions often blind the teachings of the truth"

"them of beliefs just, WILL NOT get over it"

Now that is a fine lesson!

Islam combines much of the eastern flare of zoroasterism. The eastern ideas of chanting, humming or directly vocalizing submission in tones, is normal.

It is kind of like what the Gita showed the West in the Krishna movement. (Srila Prabhupada)

i like that.... in which Good works DO live.

But as you confessed purely, 'they assembled' versus God telling an angel to tell muhammad to remember and retell the caliphs/scribes/elders.

Mankind does the works, the good of care and compassion is the drive of the contributers. (God don't talk to people)

never going to suggest that as being a quality belief; never have; never will

in fact, that line item is a perfect example of what blinds the people of 'the cow' (up above in your post)

14. swarm Registered Senior Member

Its not my fault the koran sucks.

15. jmpet Valued Senior Member

HEY SWARM!

16. These are they who have bartered Guidance for error: But their traffic is profitless, and they have lost true direction,

17. Their similitude is that of a man who kindled a fire; when it lighted all around him, Allah took away their light and left them in utter darkness. So they could not see.

18. Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path).

19. Or (another similitude) is that of a rain-laden cloud from the sky: In it are zones of darkness, and thunder and lightning: They press their fingers in their ears to keep out the stunning thunder-clap, the while they are in terror of death. But Allah is ever round the rejecters of Faith!

20. The lightning all but snatches away their sight; every time the light (Helps) them, they walk therein, and when the darkness grows on them, they stand still. And if Allah willed, He could take away their faculty of hearing and seeing; for Allah hath power over all things.

16. swarm Registered Senior Member

HEY JMPET!

Yes the koran sucks. We already established that.

Its suckiness is not a defect in those who notice that it sucks.

17. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

If you're trying to convince me that Allah isn't a dick, you're failing. As I am not gay, I don't worship dicks.

18. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Don't feed the trolls, or the racists.

19. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Thinking Christianity is stupid - not racist. Thinking Islam is stupid - racist.

20. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Thread closed due to bickering. PM me with questions/concerns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.