Prediction Of Gravity & Ocean Circulation Explorer (GOCE)

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by common_sense_seeker, May 12, 2009.

1. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

The new European Space Agency satellite was launched on 17th March 2009. I predict that the ocean tides due to the sun's gravity will be shown to be slowly increasing in strength year by year. The mid-ocean will be getting colder, despite the sea surface temperatures still getting warmer. This is due to the notion of increasing tidal strength causing turbulance of the deep-ocean bottom water. I have deduced that the sun's gravity is stronger towards the invariable plane (the plane of angular momentum of the solar system, roughly equal to the orbit of Jupiter). This extreme tidal explanation is the mechanism which causes the Earth's ice ages, based on a 100,000 year inclination cycle of the Earth drifting above and below the invariable plane. I also predict that the satellite will detect the gravitational bulging by the innermost core, thereby falsifying the equivalence principle.

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

Show your workings. If you don't have rigorous details you're just pulling random stuff out your backside.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

The report (http://muller.lbl.gov/papers/nature.html) of Muller & MacDonald 'Origin of the 100 kyr Glacial Cycle: eccentricity or orbital inclination?' is the basis of my proposal. It requires lateral thinking, so be patient.
    The principle of deep ocean mixing by tidal currents is given here: http://maelstrom.seos.uvic.ca/people/garrett/abstracts/1858.pdf.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

No workings? Thought not.

8. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

Well I have deduced the exact opposite.

9. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

I now believe that it may be global cooling; http://www.dailytech.com/Temperature Monitors Report Widescale Global Cooling/article10866.htm

We may have to keep pumping out greenhouse gases!

10. granpa Registered Senior Member

It may be more complicated than that. greenhouse gases may cause global cooling. (in the long run)

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  11. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

That's a new one to me. Care to explain further?

12. granpa Registered Senior Member

13. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

14. granpa Registered Senior Member

I dont need references to know that chaotic systems can have unexpected behavior. its common sense. so hop down off your high horse.

Last edited: May 14, 2009