Pleased or dis-pleased.???

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by cluelusshusbund, Apr 27, 2009.

1. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Do you thank that Jesus/God is hapy wit the creaton plan he chose to use.???

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

it wouldn't be his creation plan if he was not happy with it.

obviously, yes.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

agreed

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Disagreed.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

If it existed it would be in a state of shock with over half of the population of the entire Earth non believers or believers in another way of believing things started, Hinduism, Buddhism and on and on shows it never got its message to them or me as well.

9. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Why do you assume that the construction is for the reason of worship?
    It could well be for the opposite, in which case God would be happy that over
    half of the population of the earth considers him/her/it (in some form).

jan.

10. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I guess the beter queston is... are thangs "unfoldin" the way God intended for 'em to... an sinse God is "all knowin"... the obvous answr is "yes".!!!

So God intended for humans to suffer much misery... an the answr for that is... we will understan the good purpose of Gods plan after we dye.!!!

But how does 1 com to love an all-knowin all-powerful God whos creaton plan unnecessarly includes such horrors as children starvin to death or bein raped... ect... as bein a good plan of a lovin father.???

11. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

How dare you disagree with me.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And over such important matters.

12. Bishadi Banned Banned

we (mankind) are the only thing in existence, i know of, making choices and causing nasties to exist

so 'we the people' are who to ask, whether we happy about what mankind has done to existence (judge). (don't ask or even speculate on what God is thinking as that is beyond .....tupid)

'we the people' are who have done this to existence.

and if i was to judge today?

'buy suntan lotion'

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

lol

Well, I actually just disagreed with draqon

One can have a plan, be pretty pleased with it, execute it, and then discover the plan sucked..

14. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

I think He/They were happy until Day 8. Since then God's been a might pissed off.

15. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Yeah but if you could change it so that everything works the way you wanted to wouldn't you? If God is truly all powerful as I was taught that he is, then fixing any errors should be a snap. Of course I was also taught that he doesn't make mistakes so everything is perfect by default. Thinking about God makes my head hurt

16. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

Yah, come to think of it, I don't remember God ever raping or causing the starvation of a child. It was only ever people who did that. Weird.

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

But if he would change his plans wouldn't that indicate that he wasn't happy with them ?
    I think he'd sooner tiptoe out of here and leave us to our own devices, while we are still worshiping him for millennia on end, than trying to fix the errors.
    "Whoops! Creating those humans was a really bad plan, I better get out of here before any of my peers find out.."
    Of course he DID try to wipe us all out once. I guess he underestimated our indifference to inbreeding. It's a mystery to me why he needed Noah and his wife to safe all those animals anyway. He could have done it himself and then he wouldn't have run the risk of Noah and his family repopulating the world.

18. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Think of Eternity. and compare it with the time we have existed in this state of being.

You cannot.

Because even comparing a drop of water to all the water contained in the oceans cannot compare to the time we shall exist in this state of being and Eternity.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

19. Bishadi Banned Banned

finally, an honest opinion!

Way to GO!

Kind of wierd how common sense and reality place real nice together!

20. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

How would you know? Just because god doesn't get his own winky out is not an argument that god is not the cause of the event.

For instance, if we look in leviticus we see the following:

'If you remain hostile toward me and refuse to listen to me, I will multiply your afflictions seven times over, as your sins deserve. I will send wild animals against you, and they will rob you of your children, destroy your cattle and make you so few in number that your roads will be deserted.

" 'If in spite of these things you do not accept my correction but continue to be hostile toward me, I myself will be hostile toward you and will afflict you for your sins seven times over. And I will bring the sword upon you to avenge the breaking of the covenant. When you withdraw into your cities, I will send a plague among you, and you will be given into enemy hands. When I cut off your supply of bread, ten women will be able to bake your bread in one oven, and they will dole out the bread by weight. You will eat, but you will not be satisfied.

" 'If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters. I will destroy your high places, cut down your incense altars and pile your dead bodies on the lifeless forms of your idols, and I will abhor you.

So, if we go by.. passage 22 for discussions sake, do we say the cause is the tiger that ate your child, or the god that made that tiger eat your child because you didn't listen to him and broke some of his laws, like... I dunno, slept with a woman that's on her period or something equally severe?

When we look at the POE, (problem of evil), the christian answer is typically that god allows these evils to occur in order to serve the greater good, (e.g a woman gets murdered and therefore doesn't give birth to the seed of satan - the murder was a 'good' act but it is beyond our ability to see that benefit). All you have left is god being the cause.

21. Bishadi Banned Banned

got a question; did you hear god do all that 'i will' talk?

isn't there some rule about; 'no false witness'

so the first question is, do you listen to god or to god?

then, is it better to witness what you have observed and be honest about that, or perhaps, take someone's word as being a witness and just hope it is correct?

basically, if we follow what ever someone says, nothing would evolve.

and since we all know the evolution of life and knowledge is true (evidenced in practical application); then it seems "to be honest and learn, exceeds being complacent and hope".

22. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Yes I did.

Why is the 'or' there?

I would follow what you say but...

--

Oh, I don't see what your post has to do with my post - oh other than an attempt at saying 'this god is fiction thus it's inconsequential'. While I agree with you, I don't think it will lead to any interesting conversation.

23. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Three men, a Christian, a Jew & a Muslim all sacrifice a goat to God. Later that day the Christian goes home, finds his wife in bed with another woman, kills them both, is charged with murder, is found not guilty and later marries his lawyer. Meanwhile, the Jew joins his boyfriend in bed, the wife walks in, dies of a heart attack, he eventually inherits a fortune and buys a gay bar. The Muslim goes home and legally rapes his wife. She protests too vehemently, is charged with a crime and gets the lash 40 times. Still pissed off she attempts to run away with another man, gets caught and is legally executed. The Muslim gets a new wife, an 11 year old virgin.

Of the three men, who pleased/displeased God?