Jesus was not the Messiah

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by StrangerInAStrangeLand, Apr 19, 2009.

1. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

The Jews believed the Messiah would come to set things right for the Jews. Then Christians came along claiming he came for the Christians & Jews reject him.
    From an objective perspective, 1 must assume Jews were/are better qualified to judge whether their Messiah has come yet.
    With nothing other than faith & fabrication, Christians preposterously presume to know better.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xylene Valued Senior Member

I stand to be corrected on this, but I understand that Christ was hijacked by the Greeks, if I could put it that way. Then the Roman Empire was converted to Christianity, and everything sorta spiralled out of control from there

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Balerion Banned Banned

If I'm not mistaken, the first Christians were Jews. Christ himself was a Jew. So while the authorities rejected him--and indeed I'm sure most Jews at first rejected him--his first followers were Jews. So it wasn't that Christians thought they knew better, because those Christians were simply Jews who believed that the prophesy had been fulfilled.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bishadi Banned Banned

most every religion on earth has written of a man to reveal knowledge to free mankind (messiah) ....... pahana, kalki, adi buddha, quetzalcoatl...etc.etc.etc

The Egyptians knew this quite some time back and why the pharoahs were considered Gods, as they were enabled with the greatest knowledge base. Something like what a Dali Lama is; a man taught since birth, picking up from the previous generations; learning, writing, teaching. (for the evolution of knowledge)

AS seen in the Genesis story, Moses was raised by the Pharoahs daughter (since infancy), Judaism is practically an egyptian religion, in which man could talk to god (pharoah). The arc (standard practice), the observance of a coming 'messiah' was a natural seeking.

Circumcision itself was egyptian and done because men during war often captured illnesses from actively copulating with the 'spoils of war.'
    (it was a health issue, such as no pork (no refrigeration))

IN fact, i suggest that the 10 commands would be of the language of Egypt and until the arc is found, none could really contest that as incorrect because Moses was raised, taught and 'walk like an Egyptian"

8. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

just a wee bit of plagiarism in the religious realm ehh?

9. Bishadi Banned Banned

was i fair?

10. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

oh totally Bishadi... lots of new spins on the same old stories

11. swarm Registered Senior Member

They still do except there isn't any "the" messiah, its just a messiah. There were a number of them during the Roman occupation and after the destruction of Jerusalem, there have recently found letters in the "cave of letters" from the second period in the dead sea area which thrown a lot more light on a much more famous at the time actual Jewish messiah Bar Kokhba. Like most Jewish messiahs of the day, he went down hard trying to free Israel from Roman rule.

Jesus however would never have been accepted as an actual messiah, he just doesn't fit the part at all and didn't even try to free the home land. He might have been taken as a rabbi or even a profit, but never a messiah.

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

But the Jews were the judge of that, at least some were.
    Those Christians were only Christians because they were Jews that believed that Jesus was the Messiah.

13. John99 Banned Banned

what does 'messiah' mean and why? or for what purpose?

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

15. John99 Banned Banned

the problem is that there is no more roman empire.

from the link:

"it was used of an expected deliverer of the Jewish nation"

what does that mean?

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You don't know what that means ??

17. John99 Banned Banned

do you know what that means?

18. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Read some stuff.

19. John99 Banned Banned

you dont know. does anyone know what that means?

20. John99 Banned Banned

how about deliver korea? what would that mean?

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

22. John99 Banned Banned

cha ching.

23. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

:shrug: Then Jews and Christians disagree. Which we kind of knew. We move on.