Fat People's View on Skinny

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mickmeister, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

Why is it that fat people often think overweight people are normal sized? For instance, I used to be morbidly obese. I lost a lot of weight down to overweight status and stayed there for a while before losing the rest down to a normal size. At the point I was considered overweight and not obese, many of my friends, at the time were fat, would often tell me that I was normal sized, when in reality, I was not. They kept telling me to not lose anymore weight. After that, I continued to lose until I was a size 32, at which point they all told me I was too skinny while most other people thought that I was normal sized. I have seen this same instance happen to others also. My wife also did the same thing I did and lost weight the responsible way, yet she was told the same lines.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

To an extent, the terms are relative.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Roman Banned Banned

To an extent.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

What terms? If you're fuckin fat, you're fuckin fat.

8. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Jesus. That looks like four loaves of dough baking around twine; like four cans of Hungry Jack biscuits were busted open with a sledgehammer.

9. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Skinny people's view on Fat

-stop eating so fucking much
    -get off your fat ass and do some sort of exercise
    -no one feels sorry for you
    -fat is not attractive (regardless of what your equally fat partner says)
    -fat is not healthy

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  10. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Dude...if you can't tell whether your wearing bikini bottoms or not, it's time for a diet.

11. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

size 32 as in the waist of your pants?

12. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

I have fat friends, and oddly enough, know two of those women from the photo. They're both adult models.

I frankly get a little sick of fat bigotry. If they're taking care of themselves, WHO CARES?

Before I hear shit about, "oh, you're a fat bitch," : I'm a size two or four depending on the cut.

Yes, some people like fat partners.

Yes, it's just easier for some people to stay thin.

Yes, some people just prefer Twinkies over rock climbing.

Sure, I'll laugh at a fat joke, but I'm tired of just the seething hatred.

13. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

My mother is overweight, and has been to a degree for most of her adult life. But it has been a downward spiral for about the last twenty years.

Nearing the age of seventy, she had to have her gall bladder removed years ago. She has high blood pressure, type two diabetes, her knees ankles and feet are shot, and she is in more or less constant pain because of them. She is very nearly immobile, has to struggle to get from her house to her car, and has to use one of those electric carts at the grocery store. She cannot get a decent night's sleep because of sleep apnea. There isn't a single medical problem she has that wouldn't either be eliminated or greatly reduced in severity if she were 100 Lbs. lighter. She often has to be helped to get up out of chairs, and broke two chairs at my brother's house last time she visited.

But being overweight is no big deal, right?

14. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Screw being the wingman for this one, Abort mission and return to base.

15. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Nothing like a graphic reminder that there are worse things than being single.

16. John99 Banned Banned

17. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

But in response to the OP's concern about being overweight and the social pressure to convince the OP that he's healthy, I understand. For years everyone was brainwashed into clothing size, BMI, weight loss, etc... as markers of "health." People don't understand that size 32 waist doesn't mean you aren't fat. You can be size 32 waist at 25% body fat... that's unhealthy (for a male, anyway).

Toting around excess bodyfat isn't very healthy, regardless of bodily shape, weight, and general appearance.

As for those apologizing for obese people... why? They need to put the fork down. If a fat fuck eats 4,000 calories a day and sits on his ass all day, he needs to eat less and quit parking his car as close to the grocery store as possible. All that mental effect he or she expends to find the closest parking space doesn't burn any extra calories.

Now, I'm only talking about the majority of fat fucks and not those that are carrying extra fat due to medical conditions that were not the result of bad habits.

18. John99 Banned Banned

seems that for women there is always an excuse for being fat but men dont have that luxury.

19. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Personally, I think this is one of those pics that according to forum rules are supposed to be linked to and accompanied by some sort of warning...

20. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

my grandma and mum are obese, have gall blader problems and sleep apnea too. its a pretty lame way to spend your life.

21. draqon Banned Banned

This is the corrupt American culture...were with each year consecutively fat percentage increases and climbs higher and higher. And fat has become part of the culture.

22. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

oh wow each year consecutively? i would have thought you'd pick the years at random. are you esl?

23. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

Here is another good example. I love to cycle (bicycle). I commute to work as much as I can without driving to keep myself in shape. With a few exceptions, the ones that usually make snide remarks and are rude are fat people.