Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: What is the coldest wind chill ever recorded?

  1. #1
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    594

    What is the coldest wind chill ever recorded?

    What is the coldest wind chill ever recorded in the world?

  2. #2
    Be kind to yourself always. cosmictraveler's Avatar
    Posts
    29,849
    Quote Originally Posted by pluto2 View Post
    What is the coldest wind chill ever recorded in the world?

    The moment my Ex wife betrayed me, I never felt so cold before.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmictraveler View Post
    The moment my Ex wife betrayed me, I never felt so cold before.
    How can your ex-wife betray you

  4. #4
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    594
    Please guys, I want a real answer.

  5. #5
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    23,053
    Quote Originally Posted by pluto2 View Post
    What is the coldest wind chill ever recorded in the world?
    Don't know for sure, but my best guess is on the top of Mount Everest in the middle of a major storm.

    But why can't you type "coldest wind chill" in google? Bet you'd get gazillions of sites/answers.

    Baron Max

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by pluto2 View Post
    Please guys, I want a real answer.
    Apparently, they don't keep wind chill records. But the lowest reliably measured temperature on Earth of −89.2 °C (−128.6 °F) was in Vostok on 21 July 1983.
    Now all you have to do is find out what the wind speed was on that day and calculate the wind chill. It's very like that wind chill would be close to the max ever 'measured' in my opinion.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_ch...nd_chill_index

  7. #7
    Be kind to yourself always. cosmictraveler's Avatar
    Posts
    29,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Enmos View Post
    How can your ex-wife betray you
    She set me up then stole everything I owned!

  8. #8
    Awesome User Title Diode-Man's Avatar
    Posts
    1,372
    Quote Originally Posted by pluto2 View Post
    Please guys, I want a real answer.
    I'd imagine that the coldest windchill would be on Pluto, but that is now considered a meager planetoid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Enmos View Post
    Apparently, they don't keep wind chill records. But the lowest reliably measured temperature on Earth of −89.2 °C (−128.6 °F) was in Vostok on 21 July 1983.
    Do you think windchill is even a factor on Pluto?

    When things get that cold its literally beyond human comprehension.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Diode-Man View Post
    Do you think windchill is even a factor on Pluto?

    When things get that cold its literally beyond human comprehension.
    Dude, I do believe you need an atmosphere to have wind chill..
    Besides, I really think we're talking about Earth temperatures.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmictraveler View Post
    She set me up then stole everything I owned!
    Ah ok.. but she was your ex-wife already then.
    It's kind of pointless to say that your nemesis betrayed you, no ?

  11. #11
    Be kind to yourself always. cosmictraveler's Avatar
    Posts
    29,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Enmos View Post
    Ah ok.. but she was your ex-wife already then.
    It's kind of pointless to say that your nemesis betrayed you, no ?
    She set me up while we were still married. She was seeing another man without me knowing about it then set me up to put me away long enough to steal everything away from me that was in both our names, cars, trucks, bank accounts, property, tools, equipment etc. etc. .

  12. #12
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was somewhere in Canada. It is normal to get windchill's in the -25 to -40 range.

  13. #13
    As a mother, I am telling you Syzygys's Avatar
    Posts
    12,628
    80% of the questions asked on this website can be answered faster and more accurately by using google:

    -184 to -192 F in Vostok July 3 2004

    For North Dakota:

    In 1985 there was a wind chill of -103 degrees F.

  14. #14
    As a mother, I am telling you Syzygys's Avatar
    Posts
    12,628
    To complicate the issue, apparently there are/were 2 ways to measure winchill:

    "Historic Wind Chill Temperatures in Minnesota

    What is the coldest windchill ever seen in the Twin Cities or Minnesota? The answer can be a little tricky because on November 2001 the formula on how to calculate the windchill was changed. Perhaps the coldest windchill the Twin Cities has ever seen was -67 degrees F with the new formula (-87 degrees F with the old formula) back on January 22nd 1936. The temperature was -34 degrees F with a wind speed of 20mph. All traffic in the Twin Cities was severely hampered and a number of fatalities were caused by the cold. Without a lengthy state-wide wind record, it is difficult to say when was the coldest statewide windchill. There are some candidate dates though besides January 22, 1936. On January 9th and 10th, 1982 temperatures of -30 degrees F and winds of around 40mph were reported in Northern Minnesota. This would translate to -71 degrees F by the new formula (-100 degrees F by the old formula.)"

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Syzygys View Post
    80% of the questions asked on this website can be answered faster and more accurately by using google:
    Yup that is what I do unless I am looking for a more opinion based answer.

    I do wish Orleander would start using it.

  16. #16
    nothing really matters chris4355's Avatar
    Posts
    1,055
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmictraveler View Post
    She set me up while we were still married. She was seeing another man without me knowing about it then set me up to put me away long enough to steal everything away from me that was in both our names, cars, trucks, bank accounts, property, tools, equipment etc. etc. .
    Do you still date other women after that? I think if someone I loved and married did that to me I would lose all hope for relationships.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by chris4355 View Post
    Do you still date other women after that? I think if someone I loved and married did that to me I would lose all hope for relationships.
    and that's what happened.

  18. #18
    Valued Senior Member
    Posts
    1,060
    Doesnt matter once you get past -20 (windchill or air temp). Just doesnt matter once it hurts to breath. Its just tooth cracking cold then.

  19. #19
    OIF Veteran 2003-2011 Thoreau's Avatar
    Posts
    3,364
    I was in Milwaukee a few years ago and it was -33 with windchill at 7AM. It was so cold that the tires to our car literally froze to the asphalt. NOT FUN.

    I remember going out to smoke, bundled up, and could barely get two puffs of my cigarette before I chose to go back inside.

    Geez, the extremes I've been in. It was 148*F my first day in Iraq during my first deployment. If I had to go back and to them both again, I would definately choose the heat.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by MZ3Boy84 View Post
    ....If I had to go back and to them both again, I would definately choose the heat.
    I'm the opposite. I can always put more clothes on. Wit the heat, I can only get so naked.

    I hate when the inside of your nose freezes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. By leopold in forum General Science & Technology
    Last Post: 12-18-08, 06:00 PM
    Replies: 10
  2. By kmguru in forum Architecture & Engineering
    Last Post: 09-26-08, 11:37 AM
    Replies: 4
  3. By Killjoy in forum General Science & Technology
    Last Post: 09-19-08, 11:49 PM
    Replies: 4
  4. By blobrana in forum Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology
    Last Post: 04-26-08, 07:45 PM
    Replies: 12
  5. By EmptyForceOfChi in forum Science & Society
    Last Post: 09-23-07, 12:23 PM
    Replies: 15

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •