Free speech and freedom of expression take a massive blow in the UN

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by w1z4rd, Mar 30, 2009.

1. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

You guys might remember the thread that I first mentioned that this was on the table at the UN.. it seems the rot is setting in....

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090329.weReligion30/BNStory/specialComment/home
    http://newsblaze.com/story/20090327170413zzzz.nb/topstory.html

Now more than every people must stop being apathetic and allowing laws like this into place.

Next time you complain about a young girl getting stoned to death for being raped due to religious reasons.. you just may find yourself in hot water!

If Scientologists start harassing you and mark you as a person they can attack.. basically they can rip you a new hole and you cant respond.

This has to be the maddest thing I have ever seen the UN do.. and I have completely lost faith in them.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

What remains to be seen

Well that, at least, would still be religious criticism. They can no more criticize you for not being of their religion than you can criticize them ... er ... yeah.

Anyway, what remains to be seen is whether nations start passing laws as draconian as you suggest.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

“ Originally Posted by w1z4rd If Scientologists start harassing you and mark you as a person they can attack.. basically they can rip you a new hole and you cant respond. ”

Depends on the wording & interpretation of the law.
    As currently freedom of religion isn't usually considered to include freedom from religion. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how stupid or 1 sided it is.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

So I am wondering.. with this new resolution are we allowed to file complaints with the UN that the Qu`ran does not comply with the resolution.

I am sure the whole "kill the non-believer" bits are not in the spirit of this new sillyness?

8. copernicus66 Banned Banned

Don't be stupid. Only brown people suffer from any significant oppression.

9. Bells Staff Member

Racism.

Nice.

10. copernicus66 Banned Banned

Racism? Where?!

11. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Say you want to protest whats happened here.. .does anyone know what best official channel you can send your protest to?

Going to start a couple of information campaigns to wake people up on this and see if we can get enough support to get this idea thrown out.