Have you ever noticed?...

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by electrafixtion, Mar 23, 2009.

1. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

...how ridiculous, comical even, that the skepticism addicted mind is for the most part when attempting to dismiss the REALITY of UFOs? I mean, what kind of a "scientist" could possibly claim that all UFOs are explainable as misperceived reality? Talk about that which defies all rational skepticism.

In today's day and age, with all the mass communication and data recording equipment that the average individual possesses, all one has to do is to look around casually to determine the unquestionable reality that some UFOs are represent of that which constitutes absolute technology. Now whether that technology belongs to us or the "aliens" (unless we are the aliens), that's another question.

Go ahead laughing boy. Yuck it up. Truth is, it's you that's the real laughing stock here, not those of us who understand the real odds.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

What sort of person believes that scientists "claim that all UFOs are explainable as misperceived reality"?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

maybemost likely they just come back to check on things from time to time. vis-à-vis Panspermia.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Almost all of them would! Count me in as well with addicted mind to not believe that UFO's are only made up crap that people come up with to gain attention to their "cause".

8. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Check again: none have said ALL. They admit there are unexplained and currently unexplainable anomalies.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Perhaps but eventually those "unexplained" things will one day be proven to be just another hoax or natural occuring thing.

10. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

No one here. That's NOT what I stated. But, there are people here that claim that:

(a) Mankind has NO technology represent of anti gravity or extra dimensional capability. Technology that would make comparable jumps in linear travel that would equate to speeds well in excess of mach 30. These are the same people that believe the TR-3B Astra is a work of fiction and can't possibly be a present reality.

(b) UFOs are not technological attributes of non earthly origin.

You are right. NO ONE making either of these claims could possibly call themselves a REAL scientist. That's because real scientists don't claim that which they have ZERO proof or evidence to support. They don't make claims where every logical and mathematical probability points in an opposite direction of what they are claiming. These are the people that just pretend to be scientists. These are the same people where anytime they find themselves out of their league cry their war cry of the cowardly, "but you can't prove a negative"

To those absurdest I shout, "absence of proof is not proof of absence" and until you show me different, you will remain mentally imprisoned.

11. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Really?
    I quoted your post - it contains the word "ALL". :shrug:

12. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

Oli, it was a sarcastic question. Not a stated fact. Wonders never cease...

How have you been? I have to admit that I threw in that TR-3B Astra just for you.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Admit it dude. NONE of us have a clue. You know it's true.

13. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

I'm improving, man.
    It's good to be back.
    That's the point, you fruitcake

, NONE of us know.

14. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Think about it. Humans dissect animals to learn about em. Why shouldn't an alien race do the same to us?

*knocks Baron Max unconscious, and offers him up to greyskins as a guinea pig*

15. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

Ah, but is it not better to believe what may be the case concerning what we don't know, as opposed to being inspired to doubt as a result of not knowing?

Which get's more done?

One could quickly spout, "neither" but that wouldn't really be answering the question would it?

We have to start somewhere Oli. What about the incredible amount of information and documentation that the navy possesses in relation to UFOs entering and leaving the oceans?

What about the several United States Air Force UFO studies prior to Bluebook or Grudge that showed that UFOs were in fact a reality and simply put, there wasn't much of a damn thing we could do about them?

It's at this point that we come to a very distinct fork in the fruitcake road. It is called the us or them junction and bare in mind that either road taken is but a more definite path of the first.

Logically speaking, to be constructively rational concerning the issue is to be a...

16. phlogistician Banned Banned

There is ZERO evidence for, either.

There is zero evidence for, either.

Secret aircraft projects are a given, but it's a real leap to jump to 'anti-gravity' and 'extra-dimensions', and to be honest, makes it sound like you get your science from B-Movies. The existence of secret aircraft does not make option 'b' any more likely, in fact, convolving two such disparate things under the term 'UFO' is just plain dishonest. Generally, shifty woowoos hide behind the term when arguing for the existence of extra-terrestrial intelligence, which is actively visiting the Earth. Of course, that begs far more reaching questions, all of which they have a more grandiose answer for, but not one shred of evidence.

All you have is anecdotal evidence, eyewitness reports, bad photographs and videos, but nothing actually compelling. You get debunked, go quiet for a while, and them come back with the same tired old baseless assertions.

If you folks didn't cling to so much crap. maybe the odd, rare event worthy of investigation would get more attention. But while you show us geese, image artefacts, and sundry other false alarms, well, you deserve the derision that is poured upon you.

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy. Phlogistician is right. It would be ridiculous to jump to any conclusions based only on the available evidence so far. Until there is evidence to the contrary, naturalistic explanations should prevail. Interstellar travel is impractical even if you could travel as fast as light. For one thing, when you get home it will be millions of years in the future, so your civilization as you knew it would not benefit from your travels, and there instead might be something completely different, or your species could have gone extinct long ago.

18. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Okay, I hope you are joking cause i was laughing for several minutes when i read the intro.

If there are such things as "UFOs" Than answer these few question:

1.) Why would they visit earth?

2.) Why is it that out of the tons of UFO's "seen" up close, almost none of them are desribed the same. From mile long cigars to flying saucers a few hundred feet in diameter.

3.) Out of all of the supposed passenger planes that have flown by them, every passenger claims to have seen them. That means that a few thousand people have seen them up close. AND NONE have ever thought to take out a camera or cell phone and take a photograph? If these passengers are tourists, something tells me that they would have lots of cameras.

4.) So many of the UFO stories exist and so many contradictions. Like some claim that we haven't gotten any photos because UFO's deactivate electricity. The phoenix lights, supposedly there are real photos of them.

5.) Supposedly the first fighter plane pilot to see a UFO was shot down by it. But here's the facts, he was flying so obsurdly high in the air to investigate, he would have blacked out in minutes. Also, if the UFO did shoot him down, why don't they shoot down every plane they encounter.

6.) If UFO's can "cloak" and turn invisible, than how have people been able to see them if they remain invisible all of the time.

7.) Radars are faulty, that's the facts, most UFO detections are dismissed because of the fact that radars create what are called "ghost images" where they basically display an object that is not there. It usually happens when a plane is detected and a few minutes later another plane is detected right where the first plane was a few minutes ago, and this plane cannot be contacted by radio. It is non existant.

8.) For me, argueing against a "scientist" like you electrofixiation is like for me to argue evolution against an arrogant creationist. He's never gonna shut up because the fact is that we don't know everything about evolution. So people like you say "hey my ideas perfect because it explains everything, your's doesnt" Well the fact is that by your thinking everything unexplainable is to be explain ed by UFO's. And people like you are notoriously arrogant and lazy because what is the point of discovering new things when you already accept that aliens caused everything and we could never do that.

19. theobserver is a simple guy... Registered Senior Member

There were no concept of UFO's in the time period people believed in angels and demons. UFO's are only a scientific replacement to such religious believes.

20. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

Totally and even ludicrously wrong as per usual. The evidence is FAR from anecdotal and the evidence FAR from poor. Again, you skip right over all the pertinent issues and dive right into the cowardly "can't prove a negative" BS. So typical. Nothing stated, nothing gained.

Via your logic Phlog, NOTHING that is not already known to exist, can exist. Are you somehow a distant related to the bovine family, cause if not, I am in awe at how UDDERLY WRONG you are...hardy har har!

21. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

Gladly!

1.) Why would they visit earth?

Why would we study micro organisms or go to the moon? Further more, how do we know that the earth is not but a grain of sand on their beach existence? Our understanding of Quantum Mechanics is yielding new and startling information concerning our extremely limited understanding of reality itself. Do you HONESTLY believe that all we know is all there is? Now that *is* laughable my friend.

2.) Why is it that out of the tons of UFO's "seen" up close, almost none of them are desribed the same. From mile long cigars to flying saucers a few hundred feet in diameter.

What the hell are you yakking about here? HUNDREDS have been described IDENTICALLY and I am talking mass sightings of the exact same object simultaneously. Get real and at very least acquaint yourself with real UFO investigation's efforts.

3.) Out of all of the supposed passenger planes that have flown by them, every passenger claims to have seen them. That means that a few thousand people have seen them up close. AND NONE have ever thought to take out a camera or cell phone and take a photograph? If these passengers are tourists, something tells me that they would have lots of cameras.

Again, this is just plain lacking in any real effort whatsoever. there have been MANY photos and videos taken by those aboard aircraft, including pilots. Wow! I didn't realize that in this day of eased mass communication and information, that this type of factual ignorance were possible.

The rest of these questions are just too silly. PLEASE, if you are going to debate something, at least have the courage and commitment needed to research what you are debating.

22. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

Monkey Boy...I thought it was YOU who claims evolution as an absolute fact! ROTFLMAO!!

This is just more lifeless empirically based nonsense that is YEARS, if not DECADES, behind present quantum mechanical understanding.

Wow! I honestly thought this school of thought was about as out dated and out of style as smoking cigarettes.

You have some catching up to do.

23. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Well electra, for starters your not a scientist.
    You are a concrete person, once your beliefs are laid, they become solid and you will never change them.
    The fact that you had the guts to insult me by saying that i think we know everything means you are a coward, and that means this is probably going to be my last response to you.
    P.S. I was talking about seperate UFO sightings not the same one several times over,