Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many sciforums members does it take to change a light bulb?

Cool How many sciforums members does it take to change a light bulb?

Question: How many sciforums members does it take to change a light bulb?

Answer: 1,001:

1 to change the light bulb and to post to sciforums that the light bulb has been changed.
    14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
    7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
    27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.
    53 to flame the spelling/grammar Nazis.
    106 to complain to the moderators/admins about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness in the World Events forum.
    41 to correct spelling in the spelling/grammar flames.
    99 to post that sciforums is not for discussion of light bulbs and to please take this discussion to PM, or preferably to www.litebulbforums.net
    113 to demand that starting extra threads in the Linguistics forum about changing light bulbs be stopped.
    101 to defend the posting the topic, saying that light bulbs are used all over the world and therefore the posts are relevant after all.
    156 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, which brands of light bulbs work best for each method, which brands are faulty, and the environmental pros and cons of different types of light bulbs.
    13 to embed images showing different types of light bulbs.
    14 to post URLs pointing to sites showing different light bulbs.
    14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly, and to post corrected URLs.
    3 to post about links they found in the linked URLs that are relevant to sciforums, which therefore make light bulbs relevant to sciforums too.
    33 to quote all posts to date, only to add "Me too" at the bottom.
    12 to post to Site Feedback demanding that their account be cancelled because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy any more and they don't approve of the obvious bias shown by moderators towards certain types of light bulbs.
    19 to quote the "Me too"s only to say "Me three".
    4 to suggest that posters should have read the light bulb FAQ.
    1 to suggest that a new subforum ought to be created and dedicated to discussion of light bulbs.
    47 to say this is just the kind of discussion the World Events forum is meant for, so leave it there.
    123 to add their support for the new subforum.

Interplanetary homesteader domesticated om's Avatar
    A light bulb changing subforum would be awesome. I can't even begin to think of the number of time's I've wanted to discuss it online.

Registered Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by James R View Post

I disagree. I don't think sciforum members can do shit ....collectively or individually.

Oh, wait, no, that's wrong ....they can TALK a big game, but that's it ......all fuckin' talk and no action!

Baron Max

Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke MacGyver1968's Avatar

1 to change the light bulb and to post to sciforums that the light bulb has been changed.
    14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
    106 to complain to the moderators/admins about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness in the World Events forum.
    99 to post that sciforums is not for discussion of light bulbs and to please take this discussion to PM, or preferably to www.litebulbforums.net
    113 to demand that starting extra threads in the Linguistics forum about changing light bulbs be stopped.
    101 to defend the posting the topic, saying that light bulbs are used all over the world and therefore the posts are relevant after all.
    156 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, which brands of light bulbs work best for each method, which brands are faulty, and the environmental pros and cons of different types of light bulbs.
    3 to post about links they found in the linked URLs that are relevant to sciforums, which therefore make light bulbs relevant to sciforums too.
    12 to post to Site Feedback demanding that their account be cancelled because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy any more and they don't approve of the obvious bias shown by moderators towards certain types of light bulbs.
    1 to suggest that a new subforum ought to be created and dedicated to discussion of light bulbs.
    47 to say this is just the kind of discussion the World Events forum is meant for, so leave it there.
    Me too!

All aboard, me Hearties! Captain Kremmen's Avatar

Does that include sockpuppets?

It is very dry in here today PsychoticEpisode's Avatar
    51: the # of philosophers that will ponder whether a lightbulb shines if not observed?

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Max View Post
    I disagree. I don't think sciforum members can do shit ....collectively or individually.

Oh, wait, no, that's wrong ....they can TALK a big game, but that's it ......all fuckin' talk and no action!

Baron Max
    lol..........Some of them are here day and night, I doubt they even change their underwear forget lightbulbs.

Real eyes realize real lies RubiksMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver1968
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR
    Originally Posted by James R

Me too!
    Me three.

The Mods are bias!!! they have shut down Enmos thread! This proves it! I demand it be re-opened, and the Mod bow down and kiss my ass. (String might like that )

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver1968 View Post
    The Mods are bias!!! they have shut down Enmos thread!
    What !?

Quote Originally Posted by Enmos View Post
    What !?
    Nothing..im just being silly

None, for moderators are Gods. If they demand lightbulb to change itself, it will do so.

I pick most of the flame ones.

Propelling The Farce !!!! Killjoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver1968 View Post
    The Mods are bias!!! they have shut down Enmos thread! This proves it! I demand it be re-opened, and the Mod bow down and kiss my ass. (String might like that )
    I demand a non-biased Mod-bowing-down-ass-kissing sub forum !

You forgot the blowhards who talk a big mindgame about others talking a big game & those who too often can't handle disagreement without insulting a person rather than sticking to criticizing the idea or belief.
    Oh & those who need to know what religion the lightbulb is.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerInAStrangeLa View Post
    Oh & those who need to know what religion the lightbulb is.

I have seen the light!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerInAStrangeLa View Post
    You forgot the blowhards who talk a big mindgame about others talking a big game & those who too often can't handle disagreement without insulting a person rather than sticking to criticizing the idea or belief.
    Uh oh. I guess that was covered by flaming?
    Which brings to mind those who can't accept or admit they were mistaken in how or why the lightbulb should be changed.

What about the 200+ woo woos who declare that the light bulb didn't need changing, it was just that the principles of physics are faulty and the electricity needs changing for "natural waves" or "psi-power"?

Let us not launch the boat ... Tiassa's Avatar

Cool Three

Three. One member to change the bulb, one conservative member to protest that nobody has done anything to earn the light, and one moderator to agree and ban the first member for changing the bulb.

How many sciforums members does it take to change a heavy bulb?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast