I was thinking of something Zak sent me

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Michael, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Last night, in my half overworkd delusional state, I got to thinking about a couple things.

1) Why do I waste so much time here? I mean, I'm as busy as f*ck all and I don't have the spare time.

I know a lot of people here have asked this same question, but, have we ever really gotten an answer? Is it a disease? Why do we think about Sciforums even when we're away? It's just too strange. I think there's some sort of addiction going on here. And really, it is for the most part a waste of time now - for me anyway. I used to think it was a good way to think about things, you know, "real debates", to mull over things. And it was. I came up with new ways of presenting an argument - good or bad. Debates can really get you to thinking. But now it's just mud-slinging. Hell, I even have SAM in another thread threatening me with her Facebook?!?

That's really just too much.

That said, SAM is right, about one thing. I'm being stupid. I'm making an argument on nothing bud mud - which I didn't used to do mind you.

2) Zak said to me, that I used to write something worth reading. Now it's just trash. I agree, it is mainly just trash. Maybe we all get to this point?

I started a thread about hearsay about a single person - that's really just stupid. It's illogical to draw parallels from a single person's actions. It's not even a logical argument.

I didn't use to construct such base bullshit.
    Jesus, what a waste of time.

Someone posted one post here from something I had written a couple years ago. That was probably worth reading, anything I posted for the last 6 months or so - just a waste of pixels.

Now, I remember when SAM was quitting Sciforums. Then she came back. Why?

This got me to thinking about Kadark - whom I'm pretty sure is a pretty nice person but I think I must have pissed right the f*ck off. Even though we've never met, I think Kadark and I would have been fine to hangout together.

That's why we have that saying: Never talk politics, Never talk religion.

3) I was in SanPalo not that long ago and somehow I ended up at this dinner with some hardcore Atheists. Well, they were religious in their Atheism fanaticism. I certainly didn't like it and I wouldn't go back to dinner there again - they were f*cking nuts. I was reading some of my recent posts - I sound just like them

F*cking nuts.

You should do that once in awhile - go back and read your own posts, you'll swear you're reading someone elses words.

4) I originally came here because I had read a few interesting books about theological debates and I wanted to discuss those points (ie; various cosmological arguments, teleological arguments, etc...)

Those were REAL debates.

This crap I have been posting recently are crap.

So, in much the same way and many of you have, I am taking a break from Sciforms.

Michael

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You're right.

Don't be a stranger.

And I wasn't threatening you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I was offering you a way to find out without getting involved. Jeez, I don't go around threatening people, not with MY Big Mouth. They would have way more ammo than I ever could [if I wasn't so shameless].

Anyway best of luck.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

Its an addiction. Sciforums is an easily accessible addiction, it offers its rewards but takes away time as payment. The question is, is there anything out there better than Sciforums that will offer the same amount of happiness?

Arguing is a form of stress relief, after all. Most of us want a sense of belonging and understanding as well as appreciation of our own unique nature. Perhaps the best way to approach this is to lower the time spent in Sciforums slowly but steadily.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Epiphany time? You'll be back.

8. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

Nah, everyone who goes makes a clean break.
    [thread=72785]Oh, wait...[/thread]

Take care, Michael. Enjoy your break!

9. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Flaming post removed. I'm closing the thread since the OP has graciously made his point and it will eliminate the opportunity for any bad apples to sour the tone. Sorry, I also removed the responses to the flamer/troll. Please PM me with any concerns/questions/comments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.