Open Source framework invite

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Rick, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Valued Senior Member

Hi,

I am currently working on an open source framework which makes web application development using java (especially when dealing with multi-tiered environments) highly flexible, intuitive and type safe.

The framework's roots are culmination of best practices and thoughts that i have gained through my consulting work.

More details are available at : http://code.google.com/p/hcis

I am currently looking for driven open source developers knowledgeable with :
    1.) Strong skills in Maven (most of our project and sub-projects will be using maven project structure), so the know how is absolutely essential.
    2.) JEE architecture and design patterns etc.
    3.) Hibernate (should know hibernate internals a little bit)
    4.) Strong knowledge of javascript libraries like DOJO, Prototype
    5.) Knowledge of component based UI frameworks like Wicket, JSF. (We'll be using Wicket mostly for our UI components framework).
    6.) Knowledgeable in Subversion.
    7.) Good java documentation skills, (I am not being sarcastic, but I have seen loads of those great programmers, count people like Gavin King (wrote Hibernate partially), who might be great thinkers or "good" programmers, but their code is of lousy quality at best. This is partially because they dont finalize their stuff, they don't java doc what they are doing ... code that comes out is kind of hard to figure out. (on the opposite end of the spectrum theres Wicket people, they do good programming mostly, although lately with 1.4 rcs and their attitude towards Generics inclusion at component level, I am not sure).

A little bit about the project:

hcis (heuristic container for injection and other services) attempts to assemble best practices and bring them on to table to design and develop a tiered application quickly without compromising on quality and type safety that java provides (syntactic sugar is good enough for now ... may runtime generics in 7?). The project has following sub-projects / modules:
    1.) hcis-model
    2.) hcis-dto
    3.) hcis-dao
    4.) hcis-ui
    5.) hcis-ui-js
    6.) hcis-context
    7.)hcis-core-engine.

If you believe that you have those skill sets or surpass those skills mentioned and are driven to do an open source project of this magnitude, get in touch with me. My mail id is : ricky.nj@gmail.com. A word of caution for those who jump the gun, this project is open source and will require huge effort and extra time, and basically since its open source, you are volunteering for the effort you put in. For me programming is my passion, so its easy for me to choose; for others priorities might be different.

I didn't know what other place to put this in. I have been on this forum since i was in high school and sort of grown with it ...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Rick

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

A while ago I was looking for an open source project to start developing on, but I realized it takes up so much time. At this point in my life I can't donate that much time to another project.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Rick Valued Senior Member

I do my regular project work (through which i earn my bread and butter) from 8-7, My open source project starts from 8:30 - midnightish usually so ya it takes a lot of time and needs a lot of thought ... but thats who we are right?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Rick

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.