A U.N. resolution seeks to criminalize opinions that differ with the Islamic faith.

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by w1z4rd, Mar 4, 2009.

1. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

http://www.slate.com/id/2212662

The name S.A.M and her denialist attitude jumped into my mind when I read this so I thought I had to share.

This is a perfect example of what could happen if the secular amongst us allow the madness of religious people to effect our laws. At all costs we need to stop these kind of evils.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Ah yes, treating people with civility. An outdated notion indeed.

Have you read the text of the UN resolution? Because Hitchens the Bigot is not a valid opinion on anything religion.

Its like asking a creationist to write an opinion of evolution.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There is nothing wrong with civility, but civility enforced by law is a violation of individual rights of expression. Should we make anti-semitism a crime too? We would have to lock up most of the Islamic world.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats ironic, since much of the Islamic world there is semitic.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That's idiotic, since we already discussed the usage of that term.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You mean the exceptionalism accorded it. Its irrational to make distinctions based on a linguistic group anyway.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's not exceptionalism, it's common usage.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

It may be common in the west, who are prone to periodic bouts of killing semites. The view is different from the other side of the fence.

13. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

No matter what else is said about Islam, one thing is crystal clear: One of it's major goals, according to it's "laws" and teachings. is to DESTROY all other religions AND all people who do not accept Islam as the supreme all-in-all.

And still many idiots have the gall to call it a "religion of peace!" Just how absurd and self-contradictory can anyone be??????

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, notice how they are liberating other countries to Islam through force and occupation.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Ironic, really, the view from a parallel universe.

15. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

They don't have to - they are quite destructive enough right on their home turf.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Heh, yeah thats right. Post-liberation eh? Clearly Americans would behave very differently if it was done to them.

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

How tiresome. We are talking about language here. I could have easily have said anti-Jewish, it would have meant the same thing.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Not to the Semites presently being killed for no reason.

Or do you think the UN resolution is not reflective of reality?

Concessions are only made when there is evidence of racism and bigotry.

The west lives in a parallel universe where they are the invaders and the victims.

19. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

You are avoiding the point (as usual!) And yet again exposing your strong anti-U.S. bias while living here and enjoying the benefits rather than go back home to your rathole of a still mostly backwards country where the majority of the population live racked in poverty, disease and superstition and filthy surroundings. Fine example of an honest human being YOU are! Self-contradictory in every sense.

And they ARE taking their archaic and barbarous practices to other nations. By a slow, yet steady stream of immigrants - exactly in the same manner that a cancer spreads and grows.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The Irony!!!

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Keep to the subject at hand, please. Anti-religious sentiments are common in the Islamic world, they only object when the religion in question is theirs, which evidently is never to be questioned.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its only anti-religion when Muslims do it. For others, its liberation.

Bury my heart at Wounded Knee, Deep in the Earth, Cover me with pretty lies - bury my heart at Wounded Knee. Didn't we learn to crawl, still our history gets written in a liar's scrawl

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If you mean we have the liberty to make anti-religious statements, then yes, of course.