The Reality Enigma

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Kailaurius, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Kailaurius Registered Senior Member

Here is an interesting document found at the Our Ultimate Reality website I feel is a great read and does a nice job at addressing the entire question of the nature of reality from a quantum physics and quantum mechanics point of view. It's a long post, and I would have rather posted a link, but since I don't have a high enough post count I posted the information in this thread.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

OK - I'm giving odds of 10-1 that the Original poster is a 1 post wonder and 5-1 that (s)he never reaches 10 and 1000-1 that thye become a regular

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

With a statement like that, I think this is only a piece of crap monologue.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

I read as far as:
    The above statement requires some cogent argments supporting it or some pertinent observations supporting it. It is outrageous to make such a statment as if it were a well known fact.

After the above, I decided this probably belongs either in the Religion or the Pseudo Science forum.

Cosmic Traveler apparently read further & found:
    Astral Energy Frequency sounds like Pseudo Science or the Occult, while the afterlife sounds like religion. You have not enlightened me, but I agree with your opinion opinion of the post.

Synthesizer-Patel: I would not quote odds on how long Kailaurius will be with us. Consider how long Paul W. Dixon has been posting.

8. sigurdV Registered Senior Member

I stopped reading at "Subconscious Mind is always "humouring" you."

So far it was not so bad a read...but heres comes the first warning:What about nightmares? So I skipped to the end and ...decided it just is fantasy. But we are not alone, we are not creators of our dreams: Are we just the chauffeurs acting on directives from an invisible back seat owner of the car?

9. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

I didn’t read it all, but there are some mistakes early on. No brain: no consciousness, anathema to the brain cells: no consciousness, fainting: no consciousness; so, consciousness is of a brain process, and thus in the brain, and so is the subconscious, which takes time for analysis, making consciousness the last. Seeing the subconscious in the midst of its neuronal doings would make little or no sense, and the rest of the body controlling that it does would be a lot of clutter. No use reading more.

It is true that the brain paints a better and more useful face upon the actual reality ‘out there’ that our senses detect first hand.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  10. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Nonsensical New Age woo-woo.