Subjectivity...can you understand it Objectively?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by moementum7, Feb 20, 2009.

1. moementum7 ~^~You First~^~ Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. thinking Banned Banned

subjectivity

what you want to happen or what appears to happen based on your alone perspective

objectively

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Sometimes you can, then again sometimes you can't.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. moementum7 ~^~You First~^~ Registered Senior Member

lmao...I just realized I posted the wrong video...doh!!!

8. thinking Banned Banned

of course you can

you always can

9. Tnerb Banned Banned

You can't understand subjectivity objectively. That's like saying take brick wall of subjectivity and then smash it to bits with an objective wall. It is confusing the depths of your question and I would venture to guess that the only way, so to speak of understanding, subjectivity objectively would be to question that subjectivity objectively and physically subjectivity and the viewing of our reality is a skeptical thing or confusing thing how ever you'd like to say it.? I was curious your thoughts here momentum.

10. thinking Banned Banned

yes you can

you can analyze the essence of the subjectivity, objectively

11. Tnerb Banned Banned

total bullshit

12. moementum7 ~^~You First~^~ Registered Senior Member

I appreciate the thoroughness of your thinking.
    We are along the same lines in our perception.
    I also do not think that we can understand subjectivity objectively.
    However, unfortunately there may be cross interference in terms.
    Perhaps the term "know" rather than "understand" may fit better since subjectivity is something that must be "experienced" first hand to truly "know" what it is whereas objective bits of information/interpretation can be passed along through any outside means...paper, television, internet, ect.

I guess it can be akin to reading and studying as much theory as you want on swimming objectively...but until you actually jump in a pool...feel me?

Here is the video I originally meant to post...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akgCb85PG-A

13. thinking Banned Banned

not really

what is subjectivity based on ?

is it not emotions ?

14. Tnerb Banned Banned

Yeah.... I understand what you mean perfectly. The only thing we're having differences on is that we're getting no conclusions.

According to the first (out of 18) video you have shown, we're looking for a defination in accord with physics and science which can show how to combine and not know or understand the nature of subjectivity and objectivity.
    I am not aware of seeing any "defination" on "subjectivity" and "objectivity". As this is ahead of science itself just about.

I would guess that,

There is no way to combine them as they are words meaning two different things. Objectively, that is true, while subjectively, ...? Is there even a difference in subjectivity and objectivity? I am a "subjectivitist" meaning that I hold that there are subjective experiences which cannot be exposed to objective scrutinity. But what is "objective scrutinity"?

Could you explain your last bit here, I understood it the first read and lost it the second:I guess it can be akin to reading and studying as much theory as you want on swimming objectively...but until you actually jump in a pool...feel me?

15. Tnerb Banned Banned

It appears you suffice well with the title "thinking."

16. thinking Banned Banned

not always

I mean it is possible that subjectivity can come to an objective truth , at times

17. Tnerb Banned Banned

I seriously wish you had the ability to even explain that to yourself:itold:

18. thinking Banned Banned

well how should we define " subjective " ?

19. Tnerb Banned Banned

I guess you mean the example momentum used with the swimming thing right?

You're going to study infinite ammount of swimming objectively, then you're going to jump in the swimming pool, and your infinite ammount (philosophically anyway), of "knowledge" is irrelevant to your actual objective swimming in the swimming pool. is this what you're saying? Subjectivity comming to terms with objectivity? It is in my opinion a cruel approach (politically anyway) saying that we're going to combine subjectivity and objectivity together.

I'd really like to see some elaboration and not some old granny talk.

20. Tnerb Banned Banned

21. thinking Banned Banned

I'm not trying to combine subjectivity with objectivity at all times

what I'm trying to say is that subjectivity can come to an objective truth, at times

inotherwords

its about the realisation that subjectivity can at times come to an objective truth

for instance is the world as we see it and know it subjective ? when looked at subjectively ?

the world is not

subjectively we could think that the world and /or the Universe is created in the mind

but that would imply that the mind fully understands all energy/matter actions , interactions between them , the mind doesn't

hence , ologies

which leads to the subjective mind to the objectiveness of eliminating the subjectiveness of the existence of the Universe based on subjective thinking

22. Tnerb Banned Banned

Im just going to quote you one at a time to allow for responses which were not answered in a previous attempt at answering your post.

Quite the reverse actually. You're trying to apply it universally.

At times?

Yes, we realize.

I smell conspiracy.

Not what.

It is.

Really?

Interesting.

This last part here is your best sentence. Goes along well with my previous speculations in this post. You see, one does never remove anything or attempt to cause any removal or need politically with the world of psychic inter-connection [This thread is primarially devoted to this IMO].

The only thing you can do, is point out that there's a need in showing how objectivity and subjectivity can mesh (not the reality of actually doing it (example in hand is this post).

23. Tnerb Banned Banned

I see what your saying now. BUt I think that we could use a bit of clarification. THat is up to you. I've been asking that now from you this whole thread.