Does religion promote racism?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by w1z4rd, Feb 11, 2009.

1. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

A lot of the more conservative religious folk in our communities.. .mostly with calvanistic backgrounds... tend to be the most racist.

They all believe that they are doing the lords work, etc etc... but all tend to place great emphasis on race.

I was wondering if you had noticed the same in your communities?

It might not be the religion that promotes it, and it might just be that very racist and very religious people just think less than moderate religious people and atheists. Im not sure..

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

It is always the artist, not the paint. Religion in the hands of the wrong person is deadly. Case and point: Hitler. There are countless more I'm sure.

I don't know of any religion that PROMOTES racism, but I'm only an expert on Christianity.

Racist person + Religion = Dead people.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Perhaps its because of our society and its history. Im thinking my conceptions might be incorrect, and that the Apartheid used religion as a tool to manipulate the not so smart.

I dunno.. cause then its gotta be way bigger than that. You look at the hillbilly american skinhead types with their nazi emblems and such. They generally consider themselves pretty staunch christians. The Klan also think they are doing Gods work.

I dont think you could get more racist than the who muslim jew thing in the Middle East (when you watch those Hamas propaganda videos you see them refer to Jews as pigs a lot). Even the Gods of the religions enjoy doing some ethnic cleansing (Bible, Torah, Quaran)

If its not a cause then perhaps it enables.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Well duh, i mean no offense but in every religion except maybe buddhism, have some sort of writing in them that tells the religion to condemn other people of different religions.

And we have history to prove for this. Do you think that there was any legitimate reason for the inquisition? No it was just religious racism.

Some translations of the Qu'ran say that "the infidel" must be destroyed.

Im sure there is some part in the Jewish religion, but i would probably be a little biased as far as that goes because i am Jewish.

But now that schools are teaching religious acceptance, people are resisting these effects.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The reverse. If not for religion uniting people across the world, why would men shed their tribal instincts?

Yeah right, thats all about the religion.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Could I see one of those videos?

9. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Why dont u, its probably on your favorites list.

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Because of the diversity of humankind there's a glut of religions that all seem to think they are the only ones that should be followed. With so many religions vying for a congregation there's bound to be conflicts arising. Also because of the many different religions they are in conflict with each others dogma and superstitions. With so many directions for people to choose from or be told to join or they will die, there is only problems that religions create even if they think they are doing the right thing.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And can you give me an instance of a society of diverse tribes of people coming together in a place without religion?

12. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQERHieZHcg

Though that is not the one I originally watched. It was a BBC docu I watched a lil while ago about propaganda available at the local British mosques on DVD and on sale at their entrances.

13. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I'd rather see men keep their tribal instincts for the right reasons, than to follow/believe some bullshit for the wrong reasons.

I do not want to be united with anyone under false pretenses.

It's not really. It's about the people who abuse/misuse it in order to suit their own agenda.

Relgion in this context is just like:
    -autmobiles
    -fire
    -knives
    -baseball bats

in the sense that they all can be used for good or evil.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Oh please, Memri TV?

uke:

Thats Israeli propaganda

15. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

What told you that? Palestinian brainwashing?

16. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Think of a bigger scale sam, say...the whole planet.

We all have our religion and the planet is still as divided as it can be. Try again.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No I just researched the founders.

The other founder is the wife of the guy who advised Bush on the Iraq war. Another Zionist Israeli, Meyrav Wurmser, wife of David Wurmser, with links to hardcore US neo-con think tanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyrav_Wurmser

18. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Of Palestine? the founders were Israeli. Israel gave the land to the Palestinians, do you really think there was some beautiful revolution by the Palestinians? No they just bitched like babies until Israel gave them a lolipop. And now theyre bitching again.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Of Memri. All Israeli intelligence and zionist neo-cons.

Its the Israeli version of Faux Snooze, disseminating the zionist narrative to the west.

"Free" "translations" of Arab media. Heh.

They even insert the articles in the Arab media, I bet.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/...1&subContrassID=5&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y

20. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Do you really think the Palestinians are any better?

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

They are under occupation, their grievance is legitimate. Anyway, we're talking about religion and racism. Israel is a good example. Religious Jews oppose Zionism, which is an atheist ideology, but greed overcomes all. Even scriptures. Secular Jews want a "Jewish state" where only Jews have a bogus "right" of return to a place they are attached to only because of mythical tribal affiliations.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I was raised that the story of the Tower of Babel was proof that God wanted the races to be separate.

I heard this story when black and white people wanted to marry. Considering they both spoke English, I didn't understand. And when I don't understand I ask questions. Asking questions just pissed off our minister.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And yet, Christianity is followed by people all over the world.