Regarding the 9/11 HOW thread's closing

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by scott3x, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott3x Banned Banned

I will address myself to Stryder, as I assume he is the one who closed the 9/11 HOW thread.

While I personally think that Bishadi is mistaken in who was responsible for 9/11, I find that his idea on the fact that U.S. policies create blowback is fairly reasonable. If you object to what he had to say, why not just tell him what you object to?

Beyond this, you yourself opened this thread and after a long time of it not being used, I realized that it did have a purpose to have a thread for all the hows of 9/11, not just the WTC Collapses. For this reason, I request that it be re-opened; or perhaps it might be better to close the Who? and Why? threads and create a thread that can catch all the issues concerning 9/11 that don't deal with the WTC Collapses, like the "there can be only one!" thread did before it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. gluon Banned Banned

It would seem reasonable that the thread be re-opened on the event that everyone agrees no other thread should be created on the 9/11 topic.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Hell...I say close them all..nothing new has been said in 1000 posts...I dont think 1000 more are going to change that either. Just a BW burn.

JREF has a whole subforum devoted to the subject...maybe they ought to look over there.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

8. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I'm with Mac 100% on his suggestion - close them all down! (And delete any new ones that pop up.)

Mac's reasoning and logic are flawless - there really has been NOTHING new presented in any of those threads in MONTHS and MONTHS!! It's all just the same old conspiracy garbage being repeated time and again. And not only is it worthless, it's also annoying to see the same woo-woos and cranks lathering at the mouth over nothing!

(And Scott should lead the exodus in getting out of here! He's about the most repetitious of the whole crowd of clowns.)

9. gluon Banned Banned

Pessimist

10. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Not really. Optimist, actually - in hoping all these fruitcakes will leave and go somewhere else. But they're just like roaches, once they move in it's hard to get rid of them.

(And they're not intelligent enough to realize when their puny arguments have all been disproved.)

11. John99 Banned Banned

They are malcontents and ideologues but dont like to live in the places they defend. In many cases they are victims of propaganda and their own stupidity while the people they defend abuse the poor. Take scott as an example and figure out where he or his parents ran away from.

12. John99 Banned Banned

and lets face it, people are their own worst enemies. always have been, always will be. dictators, criminals and fundamentalists know this and they feed off of it.

13. gluon Banned Banned

Well, you are still a pessimist. After all, the way you go on about ridding these people of this place, would make one wonder why the hell you have some perverted desire to uphold justice on equally an estranged forum synonymously with strangers... why Read would you care so much? In the end of the day, what you say has very little infuence in the world, and whatever you do influence, is miniscule. So i wouldn't keep the attitude up, and the general way you speak to people, because if you are gonna be known for anything, is going to be that ''crabbit'' little old man who couldn't resist an internet brawl.

Well done.

14. scott3x Banned Banned

Expand the mighty tangle eh?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The WTC Collapses is great because, while big, it's all focused on a single topic- the WTC Collapses. 9/11 has multiple topics and frankly I think the WTC Collapses thread is big enough on its own. This is why I think that creating a new 9/11 thread that deals with everything -but- the WTC Collapses or covers it only as part of the larger whole makes sense- currently we have 3 9/11 threads:
    WTC Collapses
    9/11 WHO
    9/11 WHY

The way it could be:
    WTC Collapses
    9/11: Issues besides the WTC Collapses

15. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Not even close to the point at all !!!!

I've read some VERY interesting posts in this place and learned things I didn't know. And that's why I keep coming back.

But all this 9/11 conspiracy garbage that keeps popping up here and there is nothing more than a waste of space and an insult to intelligent people.

And sure - there are some other "special cases" here occasionally. Like Bishadi, another Scott, Albertchong and one or two more. But I at least give them credit for not continually opening new threads on the same old, tired topic AND rehashing the same weak arguments over and over like they were something new!

16. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

To prove nothing new has been said..I will present evidence from my own post surfing:

When a thread exceeds 5 pages, on the "New Posts" page, links are provided for the first 5 pages, then the last. I recently clicked by mistake the "page 5" link of the 9/11 thread, instead of the "last" link...and there for I while...I thought I was on the current page. It wasn't until I looked at the page number did I realize I was on page 5, not on the current page 85. Just the same old shit.

17. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I personally believe you can actually learn things in a woo woo thread. When a woo woo presents an idea that you know is wrong...but you don't have the data on the tip of your tongue to tell them they are wrong...you might have to do a little research to find the "real answer", and in the process of researching the right answer, you might actually learn something.

The 9/11 has gone on long enough, and the same things re-hashed..there is nothing new to learn.

18. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I am totally putting that on a t-shirt! Thank you sir...I consider that high praise.

19. John99 Banned Banned

Maybe your government will deport you. You dont work and live off government assistance and medical benefits. what will you do when they deport you and you cannot spend all your time on the internet?

20. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

You're welcome, you earned it - wear it with pride!

21. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

9/11 threads are being closed because there is no audience for them here. trying woowoo911.org or some other site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.