couple a questions

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by damazka, Feb 1, 2009.

1. damazka Registered Member

1. Jesus christ died for our sins, so that we could go to heaven right?! Then what is the point of being here and also being a good person? couldnt i just kill someone.... jesus already paid for my sin right?

2. whats up with the jewish god..... seriously as i can see it he is kind of vendictive?( i dont mean to upset anyone) Surely this cant be true so maybe i misunderstood something?!

thanks in advance

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

1. Thats the mythology of some cults of the Christian religion. But the legend is that Jesus' death was to pay the "penalty" humans had coming for putting the Judeo-Christian god anything less than first. You still get held responsible for not buying into the superstitions of Christianity or for not believing bible-babble, some of which is common sense, like don't kill. Other bible-babble is just that -babble (i.e. it's okay to keep slaves).

2. The Jewish god of the Old Test. was very vindictive, angry, and immoral by human standards -hardly a benevolent being at all; certainly not a 'loving' one. Luckily for us all there almost certainly is no god to worry about, particularly not that asshole.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

This is play on the Hero Mythology. Common in all early societies but was particularly pronounced in early Greek society - where Xianity was conceived.

Could you kill someone and be forgiven in this belief system? Yes, I think so.

Did Mohammad ever personally kill someone or command the death of another person?

No I think you are right, the Jewish god is reflective of a tribal mentality. I actually see Islam much closer aligned with Judaism than Xianty - in spirit. Xianity evolved in a multicultural society so it's quite different compared with Judaism whereas Islam seems more tribal.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Being good is good because it is good to try and be good. We trying to be good is what is right and proper to strive for. The Blood of Jesus covers our failures. But we do not use this cover as a licence to do evil. Those who have a love for what is good do not go out and use the Blood of Jesus as a licence to do evil.

The Jewish God is the same as the Christian God. God showed the price of sin and taught through the torah what is good and what is not good. Through Jesus God revealed His mercy. God is Both the God of the Torah and the God of the Gospels, because it is Justice to have mercy on the repentant. God even showed that in the Torah. Through Jesus God makes it clear.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Can you still bribe god these days if you're a catholic ?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  9. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Adstar,

But what if somebody does use it as a licence, are they still Christian, in your eyes?

jan.

10. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

Planning to Kill Bill are we?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

No one would see them as Christian. The thing about being a Christian is you have to follow ever doctrine. All of the teachings of Christ are compatible and cumlative. The best measure of a Christian comes from Jesus himself, "The greatest commandment is this...love your God with all your heart, soul, and mind. The second is liken to this, love you neighbor as yourself."

You cannot kill and fulfill either commandment and remain a Christian. You can be forgiven over and over, and it is not anyone's place to say if you are or are not Christian. You are only accountable to God. The Bible says that God does have a limit, it is unknown...but, he did say "7 times 77 times"...but, that is believed by most Christians to be a figure of speech.

The letter of the law states you can be a Christian after any sin and any number of sin, but realistically, no one in their right mind will believe your confession of sin after repeatedly killing.

11. ancientregime Banned Banned

You are under a few illusions: There is God. God has a Son.

Once you believe those, now you can believe the idea of "dying for sin and forgiveness"

It doesn't make sense, because you are under another illusion: that you have freedom of choice.

It takes along time to debunk all this nonsense. But you can. Talk with some athiests who aren't smart asses. You can get help.

Why don't we have freedom of choice?

Your consciousness watches physical interactions occur, they don't controll them. Nature has laws. Those laws do not change.

Enjoy the show of what you are and can never change.

12. Adstar Valued Senior Member

If someone truly is using the forgiveness of the Messiah Jesus as a Licence to sin then it shows they do not have the right Spirit.

Of course i could not make such a judgement call on any particular individual case. Fortunately God can see all in all and He knows who is truly His.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

13. swarm Registered Senior Member

So you do not have the right Spirit?

All Praise The Ancient Of Daze

14. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

That's one of the many Christian fairy tales. Of course it makes no sense in the real world. What is a sin? What is heaven? How would we go to it? Assuming Jesus was a real person and not just a story, he died because both he and his executioners were deluded.

The story says that some super life form can tell if your "sins" were intentional or unintentional and whether or not you were remoreseful for them. That life form then uses that data and issues some kind of judgment against you. The judgement may give you eternal pleasure or eternal pain.

Of course again, none of this makes sense in the real world. A reason why you don't want to exhibit mean behavior against other people is because they will judge you as being mean and if they are the majority, you loose freedom, you experience pain, and your chances at reproduction are reduced.

Most 'Gods' are projections of human attributes onto things that aren't human. That is why the jewish 'God' has temper tantrums like a human.

15. swarm Registered Senior Member

Actually jc died for your original sin of having been born. You can still get hell for later sins like not being a xtian.

Nope. He's an asshat just like you thought.

16. Bishadi Banned Banned

a youngster taught me a lesson with a question:

he said,

" If Jesus died for our sins, then what happens now, He didn't stay dead? "

that could be considered scary to some but that is what is awesome about the little people, they are so brutally honest.

17. Adstar Valued Senior Member

The little one is like most people in that he/she did not understand that death is just a transition between types of existences. No one stays dead. Instead of seeing death as a permanent end state of non-existence it should be looked upon and a transitional process between two forms of existence.

The return of the Messiah Jesus to physical life did not change the fact that he had died, when people believe He died for them they are saved.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

18. Bishadi Banned Banned

But Jesus wasn't the christ/messiah. The name Jesus Christ just makes it sound like he was the superstar.

Nicene don't make God they just think they did and now people like you are believing in ancient ways.

The transistion is the body is not longer giving an 'i' a support system. But that 'i' will never exist again.

Jesus ain't coming back.

john 14; 15`If ye love me, my commands keep, so don't lie

16and I will ask the Father, and another Comforter He will give to you, that he may remain with you -- to the age;

17the Spirit of truth, whom the world is not able to receive, because it doth not behold him, nor know him, and ye know him, because he doth remain with you, and shall be in you.

Jesus ain't comin' back......... nor was HE messiah, and knew it.

And lying about it, is dishonoring everything you Love of Jesus.

Believe not what youhave been led to believe, be honest, do the homework and maintain truth over any magical ideas of redemption.

Be absolutely honest or you put your life in the hands of preaching rather than following the words of Jesus' teaching.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  19. Bishadi Banned Banned

seems best to be honest, rather than accept a tradition without doing your own homework...

remember your life is with existence (God) not your friends, so what you do; represents your life.

how about some more reading Mark 10

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mark 10;&version=15;

He knew he wasn't God, nor perfect, nor the last to come.....as well notice how (his version) the commandments have no homage. You honor existence by not breaking rules. Asking God for forgiveness isn't fixing what you do/did.

seems Jesus said don't fib as well that another would come (John 14) and if you want to get technical: i guess to deny that, and accept preachings over jesus teachings, would be true anti-christ.

how it that so? why would i lie?

Nicene created a god from the teachings of jesus. Ask any of the majority on the globe as well to read and know the works of the bible, without all the evangelical stuff, you can see it for yourself. The council is who created the 'creed' because the belief system requires your obediance.

Be honest first, and you don't have to argue that because i am talking to your inner self; you will know, as well you need not prove anything to me. I am a nobody in this context; it is just you and your life; forget me.

perhaps look up moshiah, as the foundation is within judaism for the christian sect. The whole world changes when the truth begins to roll through the minds of mankind. Jesus didn't do that

as well common sense shares 'why would he be here, and leave, required to 'come back' to finish the job?'

be honest and fair as he did say another is coming.

Honor Jesus but it is not fair to use him in vain, that's just wrong.

Jesus taught us forgiveness in that to forgive (that meant 'we the people'; mankind) is to not allow anothers 'bad' continue to live in what you do. (turn the other cheek).

That concept was a missing comprehension within the abrahamic sects until Jesus shared what 'true' forgiveness means.

life itself, is a holy spirit, don't waste it.
    pops is existence itself

mankind created all words

and 'life' is of the light between all mass: 'light of life'...... and everything is entangled to everything else (we are all of light and of the ONE)

not me.... Me no fib, just to keep a belief.

i keep the commands over the ideas of a belief. Not a one says: "it ok to lie, if you want to be a believer".............nope it don't say that anywhere.

i can assist you but be fair, as i am not attacking you; just being real straight

be patient cuz if you supposed to have the truth, you will before we done;

then go live!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

(to the ages)

'and the truth will set you free'

just like the day consciousness was born.......... we can choose, you are tasting the truth and your choice will allow you life or not

22And Jehovah God saith, `Lo, the man was as one of Us, as to the knowledge of good and evil; and now, lest he send forth his hand, and have taken also of the tree of life, and eaten, and lived to the age,' --

20. swarm Registered Senior Member

Seems messy.

All Praise The Ancient of Daze

21. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Bishadi,

But remember that God is a fantasy construct created by people. It isn't something that is real. Life is simply life and needs no qualification.

You quote the myths of Christianity as if the Jesus character actually existed, do you realize that no one has yet shown that he ever actualy existed. All your bible quotes were written by people who drew what wisdoms you suggest from many earlier mythologies and writings. It is certain that jesus will never come a 2nd time since he has yet to come a first time.

Ahh you do understand - the bible is human created imaginative fiction.

Gibberish. Life is simply life.

Clearly not true. You are quoting all this biblical fiction as a basis for your beliefs. If you were truly honest as you pretend you'd be able to see that your beliefs have zero factual basis. It is not so much that you are lying but that you are simply living the lie of your beliefs.

You need first to realize your own delusion before you could come close to helping others.

Surely you must realize that your evangelical condescending attitude demonstrated here further allienates anyone who you might want to help. Clearly you are not honestly trying to help anyone, but rather you are using this forum as a platform to practice your conceit of your fellow man.

There is nowhere that says that truth is necessarily a good thing. Billions of people around the world live in a state of religious inspired self-delusion and deliberatly avoid facing truth. The truth is simply that you are a relatively short lived carbon based entity that will die fairly soon and will cease to exist. Doesn't it make you happier to dwell in your religious indoctrination believing that you are really an imortal being that will live forever?

So give us a break and look to your own dishonesty before accusing others.

22. Bishadi Banned Banned

such as all words are the creation of mankind

then define what makes mass alive as it is a pretty BIG problem whn trying to comprehend IMMORTALITY

not often someone says that to me but OK.....

to me theological texts are opinions of history... what i base reality on is nuts and bolts: mass energy time......... the only 'trinity' that matters

you and i are not married

and as far as i am concerned, the truth is more important to the future, than you, me or any person's feelings........... ever!

flesh and blood, rocks and water.... nothing immortal about that other than what a person can choose to do.

Such that to give of my energy to support life, then i live in that contribution.

Ever heard of confucius? Perhaps because of what HE left?

But back in the dirt, like the rest of our bodies will be, correct?

Is HE immortal? Such that he is dead physically, but alive in all of us because of what that bag of rocks CHOSE to do.

No religion teaches that and be able to support it with tangible foundations.

me just reporting what should be basic common sense

'you live in what you do'............ that is if you are at all 'seeking immortality'

23. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

“ Originally Posted by Adstar
    The Blood of Jesus covers our failures. ”

And gory.