nag nag nag nag nag

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by damazka, Feb 1, 2009.

1. damazka Registered Member

i am a religious person... born into a muslim family... Islam is you could say based on Christianity... or as i would say a continuation. So if i were to say jesus christ does not exist, or studies show that in fact the bible is more fabrication than it is the original book, or christianity is based on paganism.... (the worshipping of the sun etc) then also the quran which says that jesus christ did exist and his word is also true would also be a continuation of this paganism. Then why do the religious fanatics immediately get defensive over this, do you really have so little faith in your own beliefs??? Surely your faith in the Lord must be greater than this?!

Anyway i think i have reached a conclusion over my own struggles with my beliefs. I think that a lot of what we (all believers) currently believe indeed was fabricated, but that does not mean that the core of every religion, be all that you can be, or be a good person, is BS.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Yes Xianity and Islam are based on Paganism.

When compared with older religions, such as Mithraism, Zoroastrianism, Greek Pantheon, Buddhism, etc... do you think there any new / novel and particularly insightful / enlightened ideas in Xianity or Islam? (note: Xanity precedes Islam).

Is there anything Jesus or Mohammad said that meets these criteria? Or where they hacks? If there are no Gods, what does this say of the Mohammad Characters personality? Was he a lier? Crazy?

Michael

Note: I don't think there was a real Jesus or Mohammad. IMO they are literary characters, you know, like Harry Potter.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

It is possible to be a considered a Christian and not read or care about what is in the Bible. Although I dont know enough about what is in the Bible. The revelation stories are cool in a mysterious way.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lux Registered Member

the revelation is pretty sick if you actually read it

honestly, i must admit, i don't understand the large number of christian people who talk about how 'oh the bible is metamorphical' 'it teaches us lessons' 'all the anti-woman stuff and killing stuff was written by many people in very different times" etc etc

if it really is just a story book why must it be the "foundation" of your belief? why do such people take oaths on it....as previously suggested wouldn't the chamber of secrets do? hermione has some cool things to say

p.s. this is not meant to be a criticism on an individual - it just seems fair to say that a lot of christians take this pick and choose approach - i don't understand why they can't just have "faith" in their own principles and beliefs which are what makes them pick and choose the way they do in the first place.

8. Carcano Valued Senior Member

The bible is a gigantic repository for almost any kind of opinion you can imagine.

Thats why people like it...because they can always find something in there they agree with.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  9. Lux Registered Member

i know,

i guess i just wish more people would read their kids shakespeare on sundays and get them to question what is going on

or why don't people take the oath on an orwell or better their own diary?

although, come to think of it, i doubt anybody tells the full truth in their diaries, there is always that glimmer of posthumous glory

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Because Orwell didnt claim to be divine and all-powerful.

Jesus in fact forbade his followers from taking an oath on anything.

"Let your yes be yes, and your no be no."

11. Lux Registered Member

ha, jesus, can't trust that guy, always flip flopping.

i'm just saying i wish people wouldn't need to justify their idea of the good life with a book a lot of the moderates seem to agree is just a story.

12. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Justification is impossible without continuity. If everything is transitory there can be no meaning or ultimate value...no 'good' without God.

The bible provides a mythology of continuity.

13. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Like his footwear...

14. Lux Registered Member

do you think people get their values from the bible?

i believe that individuals form their own beliefs, not necessarily consciously, and perhaps often instinctively for better survival.
    reliance on holy texts is cowardly.

15. Lux Registered Member

lol

16. Adstar Valued Senior Member

I have no personal trouble with this lie being told to me. I will speak against the lie with passion for the ones decieved into disbelief by the lie. Oh and islam is just another deception as is many of the pagan based traditions adopted by the official churches. So it is good in a way that you are no longer "religious" this may give you a chance to search again. to find the message without the lies attatched.

Thats not the core of my faith. Only God is good we are not and can never be because we are flawed.

That is the basis of religions that men are attracted to, seeking to justify themselves through striving to be good. So many people want to be self justified, to walk with pride in life. But it is a vain delusion that they seek and they all fail in their efforts.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

17. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

But damazka I wouldn't look or go anywhere near any religion if you require truth.
    Just remember, if you have to have faith to believe, a lie is always within (beLIEve)

18. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Many get them from their parents primarily then their friends as well.

19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well said. Maybe every theist is a bit prone to this. Maybe even...me.

20. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

No. They get their values from society, and then look for justification in the Bible.

Look at all the people who spend Sunday in the yard picking up sticks!

21. Bells Staff Member

You think your God, Christ, Mary and the rest of it are a fabrication?

Good grief!

Could it be? A coming to the senses?

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

No, no: nothing like that. Calm yourself, woman. Just that people are too defensive about it all. Surely we can question these things without animosity, you filthy heathen?

23. Bells Staff Member

*Sigh*

So, still a believer that it all exists..

Another mind sent to the wasteland..

And I do happen to bathe, thank you very much. I even use soap, deodorant and perfume afterward.