Let's be honest...

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by scott3x, Jan 25, 2009.

1. scott3x Banned Banned

I know that this forum is allegedly for Sci Forums Open Government, but let's be honest here- there is currently only -1- thread that remains open; in all honesty, I think that the most recent thread to be closed regarding the 'no personal attacks' guideline had more reason to remain open, as it seems clear that no one is going to be transferring gluon's thread elsewhere.

So, my question is, is this place really what its title suggests?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. leopold Valued Senior Member

maybe you should count them again scott.
    i counted 22 open threads on the first page alone.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. scott3x Banned Banned

My page was set for the last month, so didn't see those. Anyway, I think it says something if there are only 2 open threads that have had any activity in a month and one of them is probably going to be closed soon (or it may just go inactive; it may well be clear to everyone involved that gluon's thread is not, in fact, going to be moved to where he'd like it to be).

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

well maybe if people didn't treat it like the whiny little bitch subforum threads would stay open.

8. scott3x Banned Banned

It's these types of comments that highlight the need for more moderation of abusive comments instead of the closing down of threads because of said abusive comments.

9. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

I think it's fucking hilarious.

10. scott3x Banned Banned

Sigh. Well atleast you're not insulting me.

11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry if you find being told the truth to be abusive but if your looking to be coddled your in the wrong place.

12. scott3x Banned Banned

I will make it my life's work to prove you wrong!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Tnerb Banned Banned

Dude. It's 9-11. Long time ago story about planes crashing into the world trade centers. Blowing up and causing them to fall down and many people died. Conspiricy theory or truth about world trade center collapse whatthe****ever. But it's also possibility behind 9-11 that we don't know. Which is easy to figure out. "Did planes cause the buildings to explode or was it a setup?" These are all simple questions. I'd put it in world events. It doesn't belong in psuedo-science. Then again this forum's quality is that of a to bitten danged mouse sometimes you'd think your thread belongs in "proper" places in which it does not.

However world trade center collapse is a load of bull at least you're still getting your thread to stay open!

14. Tnerb Banned Banned

*cuddles with sciforum new quality of posting*

15. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Complain, complain, complain! Have you ever considered that most here are VERY tired of your CONSTANT whining, moaning and complaining about the way this place is run? (Probably not, since you really aren't a deep-thinker anyway.):bugeye:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  16. John99 Banned Banned

so now you have a job.

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

It is the underlying abuse of your comments to ones intellect that should have those threads closed.

However, free speech is open to anyone having an opinion, despite their lack of intellect.

We're still waiting...

18. scott3x Banned Banned

Aw, laugh

19. scott3x Banned Banned

No, I already have one of those; the above was a bit tongue in cheek, but I definitely hope that I can make this forum a little more cuddly

20. scott3x Banned Banned

You have yet to present any evidence for the above assertion.

It's good that there is some free speech here anyway. It makes it so that we don't all have to cowtow to the viewpoint of a particular individual just because he or she says that it's so.

With your current attitude, I think It'll be while before you see the truth that's right in front of your eyes. I present to you a few lines from the movie "the last unicorn". It deals with illusions and the truth.

Schmendrick: I shouldn't be here. But quickly, tell me what you see. Don't
    be afraid. Look at your fellow legends and tell me what you see.

Unicorn: What he calls a manticore looks to be no more than a shabby,
    toothless lion. And she has them believing that poor old ape with a
    twisted foot is a satyr! Illusions! Deceptions! Mirages! Your Mommy
    Fortuna cannot truly change things!

Schmendrick: That's true; she can only disguise. And only for those eager to
    believe whatever comes easiest...

Unicorn (looks at a cage nearby): That one is real. That is the harpy
    Celaeno. (The harpy caws out maliciously.)

Schmendrick: Yes. The old woman caught her by chance, asleep, just as
    she took you. Oh, she should never have meddled with a real harpy, or a
    real unicorn for that matter, because the truth melts her magic, always.

21. scott3x Banned Banned

Look, Read-Only, I have more responses then I can deal with; I'm responding to posts from shaman_ over in the WTC collapses thread that were written 400+ posts ago. And at around 10 posts a day (virtually always responses to someone), it's certainly not because I don't post much. I also have some current threads going in the Ethics forum as well as the Formal Debates forum. If people were so tired of me, I'm sure they would have stopped responding to me altogether.

Personally, however, I've gotten rather tired of -you- and your unsubstantiated claims. You may have noticed that I haven't responded to some of your posts; in some cases, the lack of response was completely intentional. Something to think about perhaps.

22. leopold Valued Senior Member

it also regrettably allows you to post testimony from real estate agents on the "causes of the explosions", someone that in all likelihood has exactly ZERO experience with explosives, or demolitions for that matter.
    http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2149807&postcount=3

23. scott3x Banned Banned

I assume you must be referring to Gordon W. Ross. I will admit that I once made the same mistake as you did. You google the first and last name of a person, come up with a link and assume that it must be the person you were thinking of. The person I was referring to isn't Gordon W. Ross though, Real Estate Agent though; it's just Gordon Ross, Mechanical Engineer. You may want to take a look at the videos in that link you mentioned to hear his excellent points.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009