horus

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by damazka, Jan 21, 2009.

1. damazka Registered Member

Lately i have been doing some research about my religion (faith if you will) and have come to believe that ALL religions stem from one and the same origin. I am not trying to be anti-semitic or reprsent the anti-christ.... whatsoever but the proof is kind of overwhelming. Please note that english is no my native tongue so if you see an error than try to overlook it. Now take for example jesus christ he has many similarities with the egyptian god horus... so it could mean that they were one and the same man/man-god what have you. I am not trying to say that hesus christ did not exist but maybe he existed in another timeframe who knows. Now i dont want religious fanatics start up a discussion about you blasphemer you are saying that jesus does not exist...or scifi-ists saying you lunatic how could you possibly exclaim that jesus exists... i am just wondering if i am the only one who thinks this is a possibility.... also buddha and the hinduist gods show these same similarities... i for one think it is plausible that there was one religion at some point and all of the present day religions stem form that. If that were true then that means that we actually all believe in the same thing..... what are your thoughts about this.... and please dont let this turn into a heated discussion where people just rant about something.... i really only want to discuss this with openminded people.

oh fyi i am no scholar i will provide no proof whatsoever because i am not saying this is true i am merely asking a question (oh and go easy on me i have just entered college so i do not have the extensive research or researchquality as some of you do)
    i also dont wish to offend people by saying these kind of thing but i am a bit confused as of late regarding my religion

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Well the Hindu religion was the very first myth that was ever created. It showed that many types of Gods and Godeses were in control over humans so I guess they wanted to make it simpler with only one to remember.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Welcome to Sciforums. I understand your research and also believe all religion stems from one focal point. That focal point, I believe, is the night sky and the anthropomorphizing of the constellations. What that means is that the ancient nomads traveled by night and slept during the day. The night skies not only helped them in the directions of their wandering, they imagined the shapes of the stars, planets and constellations, to form beings which they named and created stories about. I believe they did this for their entertainment. When their stories were later written down as myth by the scribes, more modern people believed these stories to be true, wise and salvific (required to be saved by their god).
    M*W: I have read about the gods of Egypt--Isis, Horus and Osiris among others. Many people around the world believe when they see a madonna and child, they believe it is the Virgin Mary and Baby Jesus. This is not so. It is Isis and her infant Horus. In fact, christianity was taken almost entirely from Egyptian religion and myth. Christians don't believe this, of course. Even Catholics today have many symbols of the ancient Egyptian religions stemming from sun worship. I believe all religions today stem from the beings the ancients identified in the skies. I also believe that all religions today stem from sun and/or moon worship. The study of this is called "astro-theology." I study astro-theology and comment on it in this forum.
    M*W: I understand your beliefs, and it is refreshing to have you on the forum. Again, welcome! I hope we can have many discussions about this topic. I would like to recommend to you the following books:

Darlison, Bill: The Gospel & the Zodiac: The Secret Truth About Jesus, Duckworth Overlook, Woodstock, NY, 2007.

James, E.O.: The Ancient Gods, Weinfield & Nicolson, London, England, 1960.

Osman, Ahmed: Jesus in the House of the Pharaohs: The Essene Revelations on the Historical Jesus, Bear & Company, Rochester, VT, 2004.

Osman, A.: Christianity: An Ancient Egyptian Religion, Bear & Company, Rochester, VT, 2005.

Acharya, S.: The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold, Adventures Unlimited Press, Kempton, IL, 1999.

Acharya, S.: Suns of God: Krishna, Buddha and Christ Unveiled, Adventures Unlimited Press, Kempton, IL 2004.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I wonder what the beliefs were of the people on Easter Island? Could it be that people are genetically programed to create myths? Most of our world is artificially created in our minds anyway.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

The most important myths are:

Tangata manu, the Birdman cult which was practiced until the 1860s.

Makemake, an important god.

Aku-aku, the guardians of the sacred family caves.

Moai-kava-kava a ghost man of the Hanau epe (long-ears.)

Hekai ite umu pare haonga takapu Hanau epe kai noruego, the sacred chant

to appease the aku-aku before entering a family cave.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Island

9. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I believe humans created myths for entertainment purposes only. I see the stars, constellations and planets as ancient video games.

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Or to convey a point, morals and values. Kinda like Jesus did with his stories.

11. John99 Banned Banned

The first sentence is obvious and common knowledge until you added the word only, the second is incredibly simplistic.

12. rcscwc Registered Senior Member

How many natural forces affect humans but not affected or controlled by humans?

13. pavlosmarcos It's all greek to me Registered Senior Member

When humanities predecessor first stood up in awe of the sun.
    Is when religion began, the fact that groups of individuals moved around the globe populating this island and that is irrelevant, they didn't suddenly become religious, they had a Chinese whispers version already instilled in them from there ancestors, hence why they are so much alike. They hadn't the knowledge to explain why the sun was a life giver and why the sky spat lightning, or why the ground rumbled and spat fire. Religion is not something we are predisposed too, we've just been indoctrinated for so long it's become normal(sadly). Tis all.
    Hopefully one day we'll put aside childish things.

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

And what does that have to do with making up a myth about Gods and Goddess's? The Native Americans didn't have any religions.

15. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

I think the Jesus character (for which no one has proof of even existing btw)
    was pligiarized from previous mythologies existing long time before him
    see;
    http://www.geocities.com/inquisitive79/godmen.html

16. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Yes they did.
    http://www.buzzle.com/articles/native-american-religion.html

http://are.as.wvu.edu/ruvolo.htm

17. rcscwc Registered Senior Member

Quite a lot. Hindu deities represent natural forces.

18. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

WHAT makes you think Jesus conveyed points, morals & values with his tales???

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Because he said so

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

He often used parables to convey a point. Whether you see him as an actual person or as a fictional person doesn't matter.

20. Meursalt Comatose Registered Senior Member

... That we know of.
    Please try to allow for human ignorance.

God knows I do.

21. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

“ Originally Posted by StrangerInAStrangeLa
    WHAT makes you think Jesus conveyed points, morals & values with his tales??? ”

He privately told his disciples that he used parables so most people wouldn't understand.

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

:bugeye:

23. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

You need me to find the verse?