Old Man; Boy's Body

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by CutsieMarie89, Jan 13, 2009.

1. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I look after a little boy who acts like an old man. I can't figure out why. He doesn't hang around elderly people. He doesn't like toys or cartoons or candy. He doesn't play with other children because they annoy him and he calls them immature brats. He prefers to watch the news and Judge Judy over the regular programming on Nick Jr. He just started kindergarten and he can already read and write at a very high level. Since he won't play games he watches Law and Order with me in the office and his understanding of the show and it's content is way beyond that of a 5 year old or a 15 year old for that matter. He's foul mouthed and quick witted, is he re-incarnated?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. albertchong1999 The truth is out there Registered Senior Member

you try to ask what if he can remember about their past parents. Some re-incarnate soul still can remember what his previous parents look like, where they live etc.

Or you can take him to take IQ exam to see if he is really good at intelligence level, but i don't think he possess superior IQ level, just normal range or a bit higher.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Every generation tends to "Act older", the reality is though that it's a better idea to stay a kid as long as you can, since you can't roll back the clock later on.

Upbringing can be a lot to do with it too, perhaps the parents want to see their Child grow up with a decent future in mind and in the process have been teaching him to be all he can be.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Children often emulate their own parents many times. Could be he is just doing as his dad is doing. A psychologist would be better equiped to offer an explanation after an evaluation of the boy I would think.

8. Zap Facts > Opinions Registered Senior Member

He's obviously very bright for his age.

9. draqon Banned Banned

nah...just another popsicle that goes into the mode of looking/acting smart.

I was exactly the same way, before the tragedy of my life.

10. scott3x Banned Banned

I agree and disagree. Some aspects of children, I really like; their honesty, for one. Others I'm not so keen on- their general ignorance of sexuality as well as society's sometimes misguided efforts to keep them away from 'trouble'.

11. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Well a lot the kids "act older" like the little girls act like teenagers, they want to wear make up they talk about boys and celebrities (High School Musical's Zac Efron is one of their favorites) and the boys pretend their tough and show off. They want to wear boxers and baggy t-shirts and pants (and get mad because most of their parents won't let them). But this kid doesn't act like a teenager he acts like a 50 year old. Due to his love of Law and Order and his mother's granted permission to let him watch it to entertain him. My boss, I and another co-worker who look after him at night had a meeting with his mother she said she has no idea why he's so weird. Imitating an adult is one thing all kids do it, but imitation doesn't give you mature opinions. He has such a firm understanding of politics and sex, he really just blows everyone away.