The great gig in the sky

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by davewhite04, Jan 6, 2009.

1. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

The big gig in the sky

This is for believers in any religion which promotes separation from loved ones on earth now (which covers just about every religion, probably all, but correct me if I’m wrong), for all eternity because their loved ones could/did not believe in some words which made no sense to them.

Since I have a lot more experience with the Christian religion then the others I’ll base this scene on what the religion of Christianity, as it stands teaches.

It is the end of the world; Jesus comes back and separates the wheat from the chaff (after the angel of death reappears and kills a 3rd of the earths population). After a 1000 years of watching soaps and the x-factor in a divine rule (perhaps, depends on you interpretation I guess), this happens:

Revelation 21:8 (King James Version) (For accuracy purposes, it’s the only authorized bible you know?)
    8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

You’ve been a good boy, or girl and end up in Heaven with God, the loyal angels and a bunch of strangers you’ve never met, but are wonderful people, a lot of them can play the organ or even the trumpet!

Meanwhile…

Your brother, mother, father, sister, wife and kids are currently burning forever and ever in a galaxy far far away…

As Jesus said:

Luke 22:18 (King James Version)
    18For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

So there is wine in heaven! So picture this…

Sitting on something, drinking this beautiful wine, perhaps playing the flute to please god for eternity, will you spare a thought for the people who didn’t get there?

Maybe not if you followed this:

Luke 14:26 (King James Version)
    26If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

The whole thing is sadistic, perverted and just generally disgraceful. And millions if not billions of people believe this shit.

If the bible is true (cover to cover, king james version, which I’m a 110% it is not), then I would rather burn in hell and suffer alongside the people I love now, then play the flute for a sadistic serial killer, the ultimate serial killer.

If the bible is true (cover to cover) then the biggest heroe in it is satan. I could imagine myself trying to overthrow this sadistic twat of a god to put out the fire to see the people I love again.

Now play “Sympathy for the Devil” by the Rolling Stones.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

I agree, Dave. See you in Hell, brother!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I gotta give up pimpin' and world of warcraft? Fuck that!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Adstar Valued Senior Member

You have just identified yourself as a servant of satan by giving him praise as your hero.

By your own words. You have quoted the very Word of God that clearly show you are in rebellion against His will.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

8. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

I didn't say he was my hero and I'm certainly not a slave to him.

If Jehovah's will is to destroy innocent people, day in day out (which I'm not convinced it is, at all), then yes I am in rebellion with him.

The book of revelations is the main problem I have, and the suggestion that people who could/would not believe in someone because of their way of thinking(scientific for example) will burn forever is just not righteous or merciful in my book, it's just plain wrong.

9. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Oh but you did.

There. The Book of Revelation is a true revelation from God. And it is part of the Bible.

2 Peter 3
    9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

The Message of Jesus is a message of loving mercy. It's not scientific thinking that causes one to reject Jesus. Its caused by Pride, the love of Evil and an unmerciful spirit.

Lets admit it, people who have a higher than average IQ are often self centred, puffed up people with an exalted opinion of their own magnificence. It is very hard for them to swallow their pride and be contrite. It is no wonder that scientific types find it hard to bow their heads and repent. The concept that they need to be saved is a personal insult to them.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

10. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

What ever you say Jack, you're the master race.

Which Lord is this? In the old testament there were 2.

LORD
    Lord

David clearly believed in two.

So who is this long suffering Lord in the new testament? As far as I see it isn't the LORD that used nuclear strikes.

It can't be Jesus, because he is LORD now based on your evaluation.

You obviously don't know many non believers.

According to your book, we are all created in the gods image, is it really the fault of peoples IQ (which they have no choice over) that condemns them to hell? If so, why not blame the god that created us in the gods image?

Genesis 1:26 (King James Version)
    26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  11. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

The "Message" is so confusing that no one should ever judge another by it.

According to the Bible Jesus holds sinners in their sin and prevents them from seeing the "truth" so he can make sure they will burn in hell forever. That is why he spoke to them in parables, remember? So they would not be able to understand what he was saying, so they would not be able to repent, and so they would not be saved.

And you know the Bible teaches this!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  12. swarm Registered Senior Member

Then he has failed and is fallen.

All Praise The Ancient Of Bob