Thread: News from Gaza Part 2

Right, what I mean is, Israel coerced the situation into existence - you could think they almost wanted Hamas - a known terrorist group - to get elected.

I don't see what the problem is with Hamas getting elected. I would like to know why Israel did not accept the Hamas offer for a state in the 1967 borders

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1035414.html

Registered Senior Member Buffalo Roam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S.A.M. View Post
    I don't see what the problem is with Hamas getting elected. I would like to know why Israel did not accept the Hamas offer for a state in the 1967 borders

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1035414.html
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/03282008...cks_103899.htm

Since 2001, Palestinians have shot more than 7,000 Kassam rockets into Sderot, a mile from Gaza. When you hear the "red alarm," you have barely 15 seconds to get to an air-raid shelter. Some days the alarm sounds 20 times or more.
    That is from Gaza alone.

The people of Sderot - indeed, all of Israel - expected the terror to end when Israel withdrew all of its military and civilians from Gaza in summer '05, handing the territory to the Palestinian Authority. Yet the rockets kept coming, with barely a pause.

And once Hamas won the Palestinian legislative elections in January 2006, they increased. The situation has worsened since Hamas seized total control of Gaza in a bloody coup against Fatah last year.

"The entire population of Sderot is traumatized," says an Israeli officer, standing before the remains of more than 2,000 rockets stacked behind the police station.

In this fantasy, there is no occupation, no blockade of food, water, fuel, no assassinations, no military insurgencies and no 5000 Palestinians killed by Israelis since the last 7 years.

In this fantasy, there is no occupation, no blockade of food, water, fuel, no assassinations, no military insurgencies and no 5000 Palestinians killed by Israelis since the last 7 years.
    In your fantasy, there are no dead Israeli Children, No dead Israeli civilians no continuous daily attacks against Israeli Towns, there weren't 8,000+ rockets and mortars launched against Israel in the last 7 years.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/...hamas.profile/

Hamas:

1989 - An Israeli court convicts Hamas leader Sheikh Ahmed Yassin of ordering Hamas members to kidnap and kill two Israeli soldiers.

April 1994 - Hamas orchestrates its first suicide bombing. Five are killed in the Israeli city of Hedera.

February to March 1996 - The Palestinian Authority cracks down on Hamas, after a series of Hamas-orchestrated suicide bombings in Israel kill more than 50 people. Palestinian President Yasser Arafat condemns the bombings, referring to them as "a terrorist operation." Later, the PNA arrests approximately 140 suspected Hamas members.

June 12, 2003 - A suicide bomber disguised as an ultra-orthodox Jew detonates himself on a Jerusalem bus, killing 16 Israelis. Hamas claims responsibility.

August 20, 2003 - A suicide bomber detonates himself on a bus killing at least 20 Israelis. Hamas and Islamic Jihad claim responsibility.

January 2004 - The first Hamas female suicide bomber kills four Israelis at Erez crossing in a joint operation with the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades.

March 14, 2004 - Hamas and the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claim responsibility for a double attack at the Israeli port of Ashdod that kills 10 Israelis.

August 31, 2004 - The Islamic militant group Hamas claims responsibility for deadly simultaneous explosions on two buses in the southern Israeli city of Beer Sheva that killed at least 14 people and wounding more than 80.

December 12, 2004 - An attack at a checkpoint on the border between the Gaza Strip and Egypt kills five Israelis. Hamas claims responsibility.

June 25, 2006 - Hamas militants attack an Israeli military post and kill two soldiers. A third, Gilad Shalit, is kidnapped. The Palestinian government denies any knowledge of the attack.

Even Yasar Arafat, called Hamas Terrorists.

The vicissitudes of occupation.

The vicissitudes of occupation.
    The vicissitude of peace.

I suppose you refer to the native Americans. Crush the occupied until their spirit is broken.

I suppose you refer to the native Americans. Crush the occupied until their spirit is broken.
    Same old tired SAM, can't win on facts so we go the dead history route.

Remember SAM I am Blood Brother to the Objibwa, Bear Clan, the Lodge of Sundee.

Peace has long come between our peoples, I would suggest the same for Hamas.

Remember SAM I am Blood Brother to the Objibwa, Bear Clan, the Lodge of Sundee.
    Does that change the fact that the native American spirit has been crushed?

Does that change the fact that the native American spirit has been crushed?

And who told you that? Some Imam?

Get up to date, I live here, 24/7/365, and you are grossly misinformed.

I have far more contact and friends in the Native American Community that you do, and I dare you to come here and tell them that their Spirit is Broken and Crushed.

I was proud at the Last Pow Wow. at all the Eagle Feathers awarded to the returning Warriors, from Iraq and Afghanistan, Proud, Tall, Men, Warriors, and they don't need to Kiss your ass or anyone else's to be Proud.

So frigging grow up and see the new day, you ain't it.

May 16, 2008 - Keshena, Wis. -- Menominee veteran Dana Rockman, 31, unfolds the flag of a soldier killed in combat with fellow Menominee Jerome Teller during a memorial service for fallen soldiers at the start of the Menominee Veteran's Pow-Wow in Keshena.
    (Adam Wisneski/P-D)

Vince Crow, 17, soaks in the spectacle of the Menominee Nation’s Gathering of Warriors. His grandfather served in World War II, his uncle in Desert Storm. Crow thinks he, too, may enlist.

“It’s a way to show pride,’’ Crow says. “Pride for your family. Pride for your heritage. Pride for your nation. It just kind of goes along with our ancestry. Instead of protecting a village, you’re protecting a country.”

Yeah, I can see how clinging to 400 year old costumes shows their spirit. Thats exactly how you identify a thriving culture.

Yeah, I can see how clinging to 400 year old costumes shows their spirit. Thats exactly how you identify a thriving culture.
    yeah. want to take that away from them?

No, you are the one who wants to take that away from them, again come here as say that to their face, I dare you.

Valued Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM
    It's one of the common features of an uncrushed culture.

Just call them hijabs, if you need a landmark. But you don't have to wear them every time you walk out the front door. And there is no pressure to make everyone wear them.

As far as the Reds, you are talking about cultures that lost more than 4/5 of their populations to epidemics, among other factors. Most of the Red cultures are not only crushed, but completely vanished. The more resilient or luckier ones have earned a certain pride.

SAM is sleeping. Check back in six hours.

Quote Originally Posted by John99 View Post
    SAM is sleeping. Check back in six hours.
    SAM never sleeps she is a AI.

Yes SAM tell that to a Cheyanne Dog Soldier:

Valued Senior Member
    On topic, the text of an apparently unauthorized Security Council Resolution regarding the Gaza invasion: http://jewssansfrontieres.blogspot.c...lution-on.html

The Security Council,

Recalling that Israel reiterated its commitment to not build gas chambers and not burn Palestinians in ovens

Recalling that Israel is a country governed by white people elected with lots of money, has a stock exchange and a healthy derivatives market, and has a really nice beach

Calculating that the replacement cost of a Palestinian is about 1:35 compared to the replacement cost of an Israeli in Purchasing Power Parity

Emphasizing that Israelis have many rich American friends

Noting that Hamas has the guttural sound H in its name that we find hard to pronounce

Expressing that Palestinian demands for self-determination are annoying

Mindful of the fact that civilians have been killed by Israel, but not enough to spoil our appetite

Taking into consideration that Israel has killed at least some adult men with beards

Warning against other peoples democratically electing the wrong people

Calls upon Israel to finish killing Palestinians at its earliest convenience, at least for a while

Insists that no more than 80 civilians should be killed each day, except on Thursdays

Calls upon all member states to help prevent Hamas from pronouncing its name on TV between 8AM and 10PM

Calls upon all member states to help seal the Gaza strip in shrink wrap material to prevent the illegal acquisition of slingshots by Palestinians

Invites ideas for disposing of the shrink wrapped Gaza strip in an environmentally responsible way

Noting that Hamas has the guttural sound H in its name that we find hard to pronounce
    Ah yes, the voiceless pharyngeal fricative.