Your Most Spectacular Coincidence

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by PsychoticEpisode, Dec 22, 2008.

1. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Just reading ShadowSong's little dream story coincidence and I wonder if anyone would like to share their most incredible true life coincidence with us. I'll start.

I lived in Europe for a time when I was young and started my schooling at a Canadian Armed Forces base while overseas. While there I had my photograph taken in class with another student and the picture was plastered in every newspaper across Canada. 20 years later and living in Vancouver I was a season ticket holder for a local sports team. When I attended the games I would always chat with the couple beside me and to make a long story short, it came to pass that the guy I was always talking with was the other student in the photo. To confirm it we both brought the photo, a copy which our parents had given us, into one of the games we attended. I thought the whole thing kind of bizarre.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I had jus watched the movie "Butterfly Effect"... an about a houre later somone directed a post to me an mentoned the movie "Butterfly Effect".!!!

That hapened about a year ago... an im sure ive esperienced other coincidences but thats the only 1 that coms to mind rite now.!!!

If i thout such coincidences actualy had som type of special meanin i woud prolly remenber 'em beter.!!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

thats something.

mine is a more general type of bizarre event. i never watch t.v., right now my t.v is broken and i havent watched any t.v for weeks. when i do watch i tend to watch old sitcoms often times intermittently. so it is reasonable for me to say that i will watch an epiode and then not watch another for many months later.

the funny part about this is that i when i DO watch the show again it is the same damn episode that i watched the previous time. honestly this has happened too many times so i think that is bizarre.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

A penny when flipped comin up heads 10 times in a row is very unlikely to hapen... but the fact that it does hapen ant bizarre... it woud be bizarre if it woudnt hapen.!!!

A woman at work once tolt me that if it rains on a Easter Sunday that it will rain on sunday for the nest 7 weeks in a row.!!!

The reason this had com up is because it had rained that Easter Sunday... i said that i highliy douted that it woud rain for the nest 7 Sundays in a row but she asured me that it woud... that in the past it had always proved to be true... so i bet her that it woudnt rain on the nest 7 Sundays in a row... well... the nest Sunday it rained... the nest Sunday it rained... the nest Sunday it rained... the nest Sunday it rained an by then she was havin a perty big smile on her face when i woud see her on Monday... but the nest 3 Sundays in a row it was sunny wit near zero threat of rain anywhare in the state... lol.!!!

I was begin to wonder if i woud have to eat crow cause it coud have rained the nest 3 Sundays... but that still woudnt have made me becom superstitioous.!!!

I suspect that mos superstitious people like that dont keep very good records an if ther superstition even coms close to comin true they count it as a "hit".!!!

Superstitious is jus somptin else i ant.!!!

8. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

That always happens to me too. If I've only seen a show once or twice and take a long break from watching it. Whenever I watch it again it's always an episode I've seen before. It drives me nuts.