Not born divine, but overcame and became divine

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by battig1370, Dec 20, 2008.

1. battig1370 Registered Senior Member

Not born divine, but overcame and became divine.

"Love your enemies" --- "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect." When Jesus said, "you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect" > Matt. 5:43 - 48

Written in Mark 10:18 and Luke 18:19, Jesus is addressed by as "Good teacher" and He replied, "Why do you call Me good, No one is good but One — that is God." Also He has said, "Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit." > John 15:2

Jesus the man achieved total oneness with His Father after He prayed three times, saying, "O My Father, if it were possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will." > Matt. 26:39. > "I have overcome the world" > John 16:33 > "I have finished the work which You have given Me to do." > John 17:4.

Written in chapter 17 of John, Jesus prays that they may be one just as Jesus and the Father are one, and as Jesus said, "I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, ---". And it is written that Jesus said, "To him that overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne" > Rev. 3:21

It is written that Jesus wishes us to overcome as He overcame, but how is this possible to those that believe in the virgin birth myth?