How can I prove my power of will is strong?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by draqon, Nov 30, 2008.

1. draqon Banned Banned

What can I do to prove to myself that my power of will strong?

I want to prove that nothing can stop me, I want to prove to myself that I can do anything that I want to do. Nothing will stop me, ever.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Join Marines?

Or...

Try to survive "North of 60" for one month in January. Arctic sleeping bag and enough silk parachute to make a lean-to.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Why do you need a strong will? Many people don't have them and there's nothing wrong with them at all. Just be who you are and don't try to change yourself into something that it isn't supposed to be.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Stop eating and drinking for a couple of months. I mean, you're obviously some kind of Superman, so food and water should be no big deal. Give it a try, see if that will stop you.

Baron Max

8. Balerion Banned Banned

Or do what Baron does: Get loaded on whiskey and drive around town until you get pulled over by the cops.

9. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Draqon, start doing heroin and use it heavily for a year or so and then quit. If you can stay off H, you can do anything.

10. Balerion Banned Banned

Seriously, though, all jokes aside...just commit yourself to something, and don't stop. Like school, for example. I don't know if you're a student, or if you've got multiple degrees, but if you need to prove yourself, then go do it and don't stop until you've got (another) degree.

Or at work, dedicate yourself to getting a promotion, and don't stop until you get it. It will probably take years, but there are few real-world, non-combat, non-sport ways to prove it aside from work, school, and relationships.

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Oh, can't be that easy! In fact, you've already stated that all drunks have fatal accidents, didn't you?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

12. Balerion Banned Banned

No, and you know I didn't.

If you want to really show your willpower, try arguing with Baron. Trust me, my will is fucking IRON.

13. draqon Banned Banned

Yes that is what I am currently doing, trying to get a degree.

14. swarm Registered Senior Member

Pick something you need to do, but haven't done and do it.
    Pick the next thing.
    Then the next.

Keep a journal. Make a note of how hard it seemed. How many tries did it take?

Give your self 1 point for each success.

Prime ones of note - if you don't already then...
    Stop smoking.
    Stop drinking.
    Start exercising.
    Start eating right.
    Start flossing.
    Do your home work first.

15. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I once went three days without eating, on a bet. Nothing but water or zero calorie drinks. So that's one thing. Exercising is a great idea. Try getting up at six am every day (rain or shine) and running. Set a goal of running in some kind of fun run or marathon by a certain date. If you have a partner. lifting weights can also be great. There's nothing like squeezing out that extra rep you didn't think you could do on pure will power. (but you need a spotter to do that, pushing yourself that far with no spotter is dangerous as hell.)

16. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

getting a job would be a good start....

17. draqon Banned Banned

Syzygy currently it is impossible time-wise. I can do it during the summer, which I did this summer actually.

18. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Become an addiict, alcoholic, or chain smoker.

Then quit cold turkey.

19. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Draqon: Voluntarily stay in homeless shelter/ go homeless for a few weeks.
    Or.

cut off all communication with the outside world for a week.

20. tim840 Registered Senior Member

I'm sure you've got a few bad habits - everyone does. So identify your bad habits, and then try and get rid of them.

Or if you have a trait that you don't particularly like about yourself, try and change it. For example, I am very shy and reserved and not much of a risk-taker. But recently I've been trying to put myself out there a lot more, take more risks, be more outgoing, be more confident, etc.

Something like that...

21. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Does sciforums count as the outside world?

22. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Yes.

People who've had husbands and others go Missing are perhaps the strongest willed people I know.

23. Tnerb Banned Banned

Your power of will is strong because you're doing so much in excess to prevent the opposite.