Religion in Science forum not allowed?

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by DiamondHearts, Nov 20, 2008.

1. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

From this thread: http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=87774&page=17.

So the question I wish to ask is, is it not allowed to defend a hate-filled portrayal of one's religious beliefs in a science forum? Are all scientists atheists, and if one is not, does that make him less of a scientist?

This important question needs to be asked because it seems that atheists feel that this forum belongs solely to them, and they can make the most outrageous claims against other people's religious beliefs and expect them to stay quiet.

In the past thread, I have not, nor has anyone else, engaged in preaching except self-ascribed atheists who feel it is their divine task to force religious people to swallow their propaganda and hate-filled view of the world.

Those of you who are Christians, take a side-step away from attacking Islam and listen. This is an important topic which needs to be discussed. Whether religion is allowed in Sciforums or not, whether outrageous false claims against other religions should be allowed to be posted without being criticized, and whether atheists can be the only logical people and all religious people are illogical.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yes it does. Didn't you know that? I remember the first time I complained to a religion moderator about harassment in the religion subforum and he said something like, I don't see any harassment. So, its pointless to complain. Give it up.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Why else would I decide to turn away from the religion forum? There is no discussion of religion, just bashing religion. I found that I started considering them all to be slightly less than Norsefire, so I decided to get away from it. There's no point wasting my breath.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phlogistician Banned Banned

It's nothing to do with hate. This atheist doesn't hate, he just reckons all religions are bullshit. I feel sorry for people that fall for the bullshit. It's pity, not hate.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Strange how the pity feels so much like hate.

9. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

I see, the chants of how evil my beliefs are is just kind concern, huh?

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its like the chant of the homophobes: its not the homosexuals we hate, its homosexuality. When they "see" the truth, they will be saved.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

All pity of course, for the precarious homosexual soul.

11. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

I like the whole,"It's not you we hate, it is your beliefs..." Like saying,"You're not ugly at all, just your face."

12. phlogistician Banned Banned

You're a petty little hate monger who needs to validate herself by having an enemy. Sorry SAM, but I find you pathetic, not loathsome.

You continually lied and obfuscated, putting words into atheists mouths, and it seems your demotion has taught you nothing.

Welcome to my ignore list, now I can ignore you.

13. phlogistician Banned Banned

Sorry, who hates?

I just find blind faith saddening. Especially when groups of people with the same blind faith decide they can go off and stone someone to death, or start labelling people as sinners, or heathens, and start seeking to make their misguided values law.

If your faith was strong, it would remain personal. Only people with psychological problems need to band together into support groups.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Like the Atheist Out movement?

Got your A tee shirt yet?

15. John99 Banned Banned

I dont see what the problem is. Just dont endlessly preach and make spectacles. No one needs to go on and on and on about what religion they are.

16. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

Is this like when some Christians say they hate the homosexuality but not the homosexual?

17. John99 Banned Banned

No. It's like when you say you hate homosexuals and not homosexuality.

18. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

Pity, as opposed to sympathy, includes a sense of superiority. Feeling that one is superior can be a way of avoiding feeling the hate one would feel if one considered the other an equal.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I feel the love !!!!!

20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Strange, I'm sure the surgeon doesn't feel hatred towards the cancer he would cut out of a body, why would an atheist feel hatred towards cutting out the cancer of religion from society? Bad ideologies aren't hated because they're bad, but they might be hated if the followers of that religion decide to use the ideology for violence.

21. phlogistician Banned Banned

If it's nothing to do with hate, how can there be a parallel?

It's about pity, that some people are deranged or desperate enough to swallow religion.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I'm sure a sense of sympathy towards those whose minds are held captive by religion is forthright, but only to the point of what the enslaved mind is prepared to action in defense of their religion, which might then activate a sense of pity.