John Titor

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by thecollage, Nov 14, 2008.

1. thecollage Registered Senior Member

I remember this guy making reference to a civil war. Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the US now possibly facing one with the new election?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There is zero possibility of one.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

He also made a bunch of other claims, completely fabricated however it was just to generate an Internet myth and apparently it still spans today.

reminds me of /777 Backslash 777 and the fact people thought he was a rogue AI through some of his own manipulation of people through a sock. funny at the time.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. thecollage Registered Senior Member

based on what facts.

8. thecollage Registered Senior Member

9. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

Well JTs predictions of a US civil war in 2004 were wrong - as were his predictions of the 2004 olympics being the last - and y2k being a disaster - and the discovery of mini black holes in 2001.

safe to say that the JT story is a hoax - albeit an entertaining one

10. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

The 2008 election divided the US less than the 2000 one did, which was much closer in terms of votes, various powerful groups arguing with one another and questionably methods/orders emanating from groups like the Supreme Court. After 8 years of Bush, I think the US is more united now than it was during previous election years.

But I am saying that as an outsider (ie British citizen) looking across The Pond.

11. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

He also said there were things that happened in his time line(y2k), that did not happen in ours. We do not have the same future and he suspected because of his small action(his preposition was he caused us to not have a Y2K crisis), out time line may differ from his more than the normal 5%(for going back 60years - I.E he first went to our time line in the 1970s from his 2030s).

Basically we might not get the 2nd U.S civil war, or it might start under different circumstances.

But yes the 2nd civil war should have started by now according to HIS time line(or time world, or whatever the scientific term is in a 9 dimension universe).

Anyways, time traveler or not, his logic was in fact impeccable. It's bulletproof thanks to his explanation of the differential when traveling back in time.

Still it's a little eerie what he did get right so far. It will be less and less accurate, again time traveler or not. Anyone 'right now' could tell you we are headed for what the Chinese call "interesting times".

www.johntitor.com

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  12. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

of course that "different timeline" malarkey essentially makes his predictions unfalsifiable - so for us in this timeline they remain merely entertaining conjecture / science fiction - even if he is a genuine time traveller and they are in fact true in his timeline

13. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

14. thecollage Registered Senior Member

what if the civil war is already going on. what if there are black holes and we do not know about them yet. he left out specifics for a reason. if we knew where they were or what was happening we could take steps to change it or alter the future.

15. thecollage Registered Senior Member

Titor is right. Ohmygosh I figured it out. I am freaking out right now. How did he know this stuff. TIME TRAVEL EXISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

LOL - you had me for a minute there - I actually thought you were being serious when you started the thread

sorry for mistaking you for a woowoo

17. thecollage Registered Senior Member

what? you think I am kidding. I made a prototype time machine with a spoon, wire and some very intense power source.

18. thecollage Registered Senior Member

19. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

There is a difference between someone claiming to profess the powers of an Oracle, or manipulating the world to follow what they professed.

I'm not saying the guy that created Titor as an alias has manipulated the world to follow his definition.

How do you think economies are run? They aren't based upon actual information but "forecasts" and when the forecast outlook acts like a Magic 8 ball and says "Outlook Bleak" hundreds if not thousands of investors move their investments and cause complete worldwide economic panic, not because "The future was predicted" but because they panicked about it and made it so.

20. phlogistician Banned Banned

I can replicate that with 'power sauce', Blair's Megadeath Sauce, will that do?

It's definitely intense!

21. draqon Banned Banned

Civil War? no.

22. thecollage Registered Senior Member

Dave's Insanity is much more intense in my opinion. Titor enjoyed hot sauce often.

23. phlogistician Banned Banned

I haven't tried insanity sauce yet. Megadeath has made my eyes water and nose run, (and of course, caused me to travel in time and space, just to stay on topic, ish)