Trolling in this forum

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by BenTheMan, Oct 26, 2008.

1. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

will not be tolerated.

Attention to all:

I was gone this past weekend, and it seems that the trolls took over.

Two people were banned. If you feel that you were made an example of, then you are correct. If you feel like you shouldn't have been banned, then go whine to Plasma Inferno!, JamesR, or Stryder.

Finally, if you think that I am moderating you more harshly than others, you are correct. Imagine an invisible currency that you get when you join SciForums. Every time you post something that truly contributes to the forum, then you get some more currency. When you troll or are otherwise an asshole, then you lose some currency. When you go broke, you get banned. Some people in this forum are very rich, and some are very poor. Hopefully, you know who you are.

If you dislike this policy, then find somewhere else to post. I will absolutely not tolerate the destructive tendencies of some of the people who post here.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reiku Banned Banned

Oh right... lolololololololol.... I get it now.

This works on favouritism.

Oh well, i thought mods weren't supposed to favour, in case of clouded judgement? I guess none of us who you simply don't like then don't stand a chance.

This is what sciforums has turned into. It's not the trolls, or otherwise, but mods who favour players to others.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. QuarkHead Remedial Math Student Valued Senior Member

And I am delighted to observe that inflation in this currency is at a (possible) all-time high level.

Time was, unless you were completely bonkers, it was relatively easy to accrue huge amounts of sci-fo loot. Since the arrival of the likes of Ben, AlphaNumeric, Guest, rpenner, temur, prometheus and others (who will forgive my forgetting them), one has to work a whole lot harder even to stay solvent.

Hurrah (unless this is counted as trolling.........)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Go Ben!
    100% support from me.

8. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

\(99.\bar{9}%\) support from me.

9. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

76.8% support from me! Kill 'em all!

10. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

I haven't started a thread in this forum since I got banned for a week for saying Pascal, Leibniz, and Newton were Christian mathematicians.

11. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Call it favoritism if you like

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I certainly am delighted to read posts by some people, and I hate to see when others post.

12. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

Ben likes me because I send him ice creams in the mail. Why else would he like me? Because I post viable physics and maths which I can discuss at length in a coherent fashion? Come on, that's crazy talk!

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

And.. do you still believe that ?

14. D H Some other guy Valued Senior Member

You not for saying that Pascal, Leibniz, and Newton were Christian mathematicians. You were banned for a week for trolling with this thread and your subsequent trollish additions to that thread.

15. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

Sad right? Pathetic imo. I didn't post here for a year after that until I discovered hydrocarbons have a deep abiotic mantle origin.

16. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Is this for real? Religion should stay the hell away from science, and vice versa. Applying confucianism to science would be frightening enough.

17. camilus the villain with x-ray glasses Registered Senior Member

Im sorry fellas, but what the hell is trolling?

Where I live, trolling is taking ecstasy and tripping on acid at the same time, ie. tripping + rolling = trolling.

my question is, what is trolling in the context used here?

18. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

http://www.sciforums.com/encyclopedia/Troll

19. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Trolls have a way of...er...being lame. They slow down developing information and bog down the place with nonsense. If they aren't stopped, the information will, because they will be standing at every bridge singing "fee fie foe fum", (wait a sec...that's jack and the bean stock...). It is refreshing to see this here. We should be able to discuss things without insulting each other...unless it is really, really funny.

There is a line between light teasing for fun and seriously hounding someone over and over, one of the dead give aways as I would think is when members refer to other threads unrelated to the ones one is discussing in. This is tiresome to deal with, the routine "you said that in that other thread, nah nah nah nah naah nahh" line.

20. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

21. Nin' Registered Member

BRB trollin'

22. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

<starts motor on Fishing vessel> What the? <notices title of thread> I guess they don't want trawling either. <turns boat around>

23. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

Trawl away, net what you can.
    Just don't go dangling bait, trying to get people to bite.