Funny things at work or school

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by amethyst08, Oct 24, 2008.

1. amethyst08 Registered Senior Member

Do you have stories about funny things at work or school? Like how stupid your friends could be?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I definitely have a lot, but I haven't have time to put it here yet. Maybe I'll put one everyday. If you have some, share them here with me. Real names and places should be avoided

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. amethyst08 Registered Senior Member

So I'll put one for today. I have this friend here in college. I have graduated 2 months ago, but unfortunately he has not. Now he is working on his master thesis. So yesterday he came to me, asked me whether I could review his thesis report...

So I read it and chuckle.. No wonder his thesis supervisor never bother to reply his email! Everything in the literature review part is just a copy paste. Even though he quoted the sources, I don't even have to check, just by looking in a glance, I know there are some which are copy pasted from Wikipedia. He copy paste the wiki article including the original blue/gray background of the wiki page

When I asked him about it, he said he don't know how to remove the background, and it's too long to re-type everything :roflmao:

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. amark317 game developer-in-training Registered Senior Member

ok, I have one.

the first quarter of freshman year (last year), I was in a keyboarding class. There was also this jock upperclassmen, I think a junior or a senior, and at the beginning of class he complained that his computer wasn't working. So the teacher told him to go to another computer, which of course was next to me.

So anyway, he turned that one on, and complained that this one wasn't working as well. so he moves to yet another computer. So I just lean over, push the button on the monitor, and yell
    "It's working now."

stupid upperclassmen are so fun

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Well, the autistic lad bowled into the lunchroom with a big wad of cum on his boot...Wait, that's not funny, that's tragic...guffaw!

8. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Some guy did a running jump off a patio roof, at our school. The roof is only 2.5m high, had be loosened his knees and simply dropped off, he wouldn't have broken his legs.

9. amethyst08 Registered Senior Member

Oh lol, people

About 3 years ago when I was still working in a Japanese company in Indonesia, I am surrounded by this people who made me laugh everyday. Most employees could not speak English, they could only speak either Indonesian, or Indonesian + Japanese.

Every month, we would receive this letter containing the amount of our salary, bonus, etc that we would receive at the end of the month. One day, the company switch the salary letter from manual to automated carbon printed paper, in which the report language is also swicthed from Indonesian to English.

During lunch time, at a canteen table not so far from me, a group of mechanic workers were discussing the new salary letter. They discussed what is the meaning of TAKE HOME PAY, which is actually means the NETT salary (after tax) that they could bring home.

One guy then explained it to them innocently (in Indonesian): I think it's like this... TAKE means BRING. HOME means HOUSE. This means, we can now afford our own house by credit, and the company will pay in advance. :roflmao:

10. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

Yesterday a huge fat woman walked in and picked up two weight watchers ready meals, by the time she got to the till she only had a big box of chocolates.

11. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

I was working on a fishing boat and we were just heading for about 4-5 days, the other lad looks at me, completely green around the gills from last night's excesses, he goes to throw up over the side but launches himself overboard..splash. very funny.

We hadn't even left port.

12. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Aahahahaha!
    you got me!..classic!

13. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

lol
    i took a christmas job in PC WORLD in reading many years ago, and this woman bought her computer back in and when i asked what was wrong with it she said that she couldnt see the mouse on the screen, (she was quite irrate) and we connected the computer and mouse to a screen and it worked fine, and she said "oh thats how you use a mouse" she used the mouse against the screen, and she obviously couldnt see the cursor,

14. amethyst08 Registered Senior Member

Oh, Lol, L.A.!

I have to write this, otherwise my head will explode..

I remember this time when one dude wanted to get a salary increase. He wrote an email in English, but before he sent it to our Japanese manager, he asked me to review his English. But because I know that our manager can't speak English and that dude himself could speak and write in Japanese, I asked him, why doesn't he write in Japanese. He replied like this, "I afraid if I say it directly in Japanese, he will understand this, and then my request will be ignored. In this way, if he don't understand my letter, WE CAN CREATE A COMMUNICATION"

15. amethyst08 Registered Senior Member

It still about the same dude that couldn't speak English (I guess I miss him and everyone else there). In any given opportunity, he would try to speak in English, he said he wanted to practice, but sometimes it's just so funny.

One day I got influenza and I sneezed loudly. He looked at me and said, "God bless you, MOTHER" (He meant Madam / Ma'am

).

16. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

I was working in Fiji with a Japanese friend who lives there.
    Liking a drink as I do, I asked him the Fijian word for cheers.
    He told me 'Tangi' ( pron. Tonguey), so for the next two weeks I loudly bade everyone good health with 'tears' in Fijian.

17. amethyst08 Registered Senior Member

My internet connection is a bit on and off.

Tears! :cheers:

I had always been the youngest at school. It's because I entered the first grade when I was 5, and then I skipped the 2nd and 3rd grade (jumped to the 4th).

So one day in Junior High School (I was about 11), I got this 'love' letter from a classmate who was about 14. He wrote me something like this: "I actually like your desk mate, but I realize that she is too popular for me. I think that you are also cute, so if you don't feel I am too old for you, I can be your bf"

18. amethyst08 Registered Senior Member

Now I'll tell you a little bit about my younger brother. His name is actually Wisnu, he has a lot of girlfriends.

So one day there was this phone call at home, I picked it up, it was a girl looking for Vick. I said, "wrong line, no Vick here". My brother jumped and took the phone from me, "hi, this is Vick"

19. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Don't tell me. You had a catch phrase for your brother " Hey Wisnu, wa's new?"

20. amethyst08 Registered Senior Member

Lol, you bet

One day there was this girl came to look for him at home because he was absent at school. He was ill so he had to take a rest at home. That girl came with a bag of orange fruits. I went upstair to wake my brother up. After I explained which girl that came, my brother told me, please just tell her I am sleeping, I'll be back to school tomorrow. So I went down and told so. The girl was suddenly crying :jawdrop:, and said, please at least give this oranges to him :runaway:

21. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I'm not sure if this reflects poorly on the public school system or just how much of a moron my brother is, but he was a real follower of the 2004 election new the candidates and their opinions on everything. He could even point out when a candidate changed their stance on something. He was only about 8 years old or so at the time. He like president Bush and wanted him to win the election, and when he did win he was happy. So earlier this year my brother and I were talking about presidents for some reason or another and I mentioned President Bush and he says "who is that?" So I go the president of the United States and my brother says, "really? i thought Abraham Lincoln was president. When did it change?" i couldn't even answer that, because I was laughing so hard.

22. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Lol, that's funny

Sorry I am responding late, I was busy during weekend. Today also I wouldn't stay more than 1 hour, a bit hectic schedule. But if you have more stories, I'd read it in my free time.