Should we be allowed to eat Humans?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Oct 15, 2008.

?

Should we eat humans and other animls?

1. We should eat the stupid animals that are below us only. (they are weak!)

43.5%
  2. We should not eat any animals, we should suck on the nuts, twigs and berries of the land.

30.4%
  3. We should eat anything we want, that guy thinks human meat is special, I would eat his child

8.7%
  4. We should eat everything, animals, plants, trees, cars, houses, blocks of metal, planets.(aka other)

17.4%
  1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Should humans be able to consume other humans?, should cannibalism be accepted?. How can we justify eating almost any other species but not humans?, we are not an endangered species so why can't we eat each other and farm each other?.

I can eat horses, chickens, cows, pigs, dogs, cats, crocodiles, ostrages etc in many countries legally, why not humans?.

Should it be fair for all species?, either eat none, or eat all. Just because you might think it is wrong why do you get to tell me what ones to eat?. My opinon might be different.

peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Balerion Banned Banned

I think there's a natural "ick" factor for most of us when it comes to eating human flesh...it's the same reason a lot of us can't watch an operation, or a car accident, but could easily watch a deer take one in the forehead at our own hand.

Plus, there are rituals in this society when it comes to our dead...I don't think eating the meat is any real big deal, but where would you get the bodies from? I just don't think it's practical, forget moral.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

You could farm humans, or when it is hunting season, shoot a couple.

peace.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Why, they taste just like chicken only with much more fat on them! To salty as well!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  8. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

9. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

Speak for yourself.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

If a race from another planet wanted to farm humans for their meat, would we allow this? If not then what possible objection could we have since we too eat other animals??

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Cannibalism as a ritual is a very old tradition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannibalism

12. Balerion Banned Banned

Oh, I think hunting is disgusting. I'm a big animal-loving sissy, I admit it. I was just speaking in generalities.

13. amethyst08 Registered Senior Member

Would you want to be hunted as food by other humans?

14. Balerion Banned Banned

Yes.

Wait...no.

15. amethyst08 Registered Senior Member

Me neither :cheers:

16. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

Eating animals of your own species is counter-productive, evolutionary speaking, so we have a natural aversion to it. What I don't understand is why you would want to eat humans in the first place; even if you had a written agreement signed by the deceased and their families, why go to all that effort? Surely by then it is not a matter of hunger and perhaps there is a far darker motive behind the request.
    In my eyes the only acceptable place for cannibalism is in real life and death situations when the subject has already died. For then what choice do you really have? However these situations are rare, and in day-to-day existence cannibalism is quite rightly frowned upon.

17. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Is it actually illegal to consume other people? I mean as long as you didn't kill them and are not violating any other rights or laws? I don't see why it should be. I mean it's weird, but it's not hurting anything.

18. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Good point.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

We'll be eating humans before we know it, genetic modification of animals to produce human genes is not a far fetched idea.

20. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Humans have a few more rights than other animals.

21. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

No - because of health reasons.
    And also because it could lead to illegal slaughter.

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Yea, I wonder why.. lol

23. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Crack a book. You might learn something.