the one gallon of milk bet

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by tiama, Oct 12, 2008.

1. tiama Registered Member

alright so a few of my friends were "uneducated" enough to take up the bet that its impossible to drink a gallon of whole milk within an hour. two of them stopped halfway and quit. the third kept going and spewed with no more than a couple of sips left.

why is it so hard to intake that much milk. is it a psychological thing whereas the mind percieves that it already is impossible and wont let you get to the point of finishing, or is it really just too much dairy to handle

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

because it will not fit into stomach.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

John's right.
    It has nothing to do with milk.
    The average person's stomach holds about 1 liter.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. tiama Registered Member

but thats the wierd part, ive seen the one who puked take down a gallon of water easily and probably within 15 minutes

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

water is a compleatly different thing, it doesnt have to be digested so the body alows it to flow through quicker than something which requires digestion

9. tiama Registered Member

that would explain it thanks

10. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

I've just had 1320 mls of German beer in an hour and a half and reckon the next 4 stubbies will go down just as easily.

1 glass of milk would nearly make me puke.
    2 mls in my coffee would be sacrilege, terrible stuff.

11. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Me too. I'm lactose intolerant.

12. EntropyAlwaysWins TANSTAAFL. Registered Senior Member

Water is metabolised faster maybe? :shrug:

13. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

I've done it before, even though I don't like milk.

And our gallon is 25% bigger than the American one.

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Marlins suspend batboy for milk-drinking dare

Milk does a body good, but it didn't do good for one batboy.

On a dare, a Florida Marlins batboy tried to drink a gallon of milk in under an hour without throwing up. But not only did the batboy not succeed in the challenge, his mere attempt cost him his job for six games, the Miami Herald reported Wednesday.

The Marlins suspended the unidentified batboy for the team's upcoming six-game homestand against the Cardinals and Mets from Aug. 28 through Sept. 4 for accepting the dare Sunday from Dodgers pitcher (and former Marlin) Brad Penny.

Penny offered the batboy $500 if he could drink a gallon of milk in less than an hour before Sunday's game without throwing up. Penny told the paper the boy drank the milk and didn't throw up, but didn't finish the gallon in the allotted time frame to win the dare.

"It's kind of ridiculous that you get a 10-game suspension for steroids and a six-game suspension for milk," Penny told the Herald.

''It's ridiculous that they worry about stuff like that. It shows they [the Marlins organization] don't know anything about the game. That kind of stuff goes on everywhere. It didn't affect the way he worked, the way he did his job

Are women in charge of the Marlins now? Did his Mommy complain?