How do we treat our spouses and others close to us?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by joepistole, Oct 11, 2008.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Sometimes I think that we really get lost in all of the day to day activities of our lives and forget or take for granted our loved ones. Do we treat them as well as we should..as they deserve to be treated? Do we tell them how much we appreciate them each day? Do you ever say nice things to them, just because? If you are a man, I would bet you don't (cause I am a man and plead guilty)...and it is probably true of most women too.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Our loved ones are not immune to the same foible. If everyone understands that then no need to try and fix what isn't broke.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

I always say nice things to my partner, and I mean them too. But I am honest aswell regardless of nice/not nice.

"you look beautiful in that dress"

"what kind of weave is that, is it from a dead or alive persons head this time?"

peace.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

I say things to Spud Empress like " You look very pretty this morning"..naff, I know but I say it anyway.
    She'll look at me lovingly then say " You've got seven crow's feet round each eye, that's fourteen toes, about two and a half crows worth"

It's a hard life.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

We treat those we love with understanding, caring and compassion whenever it might be possible. Humor is another fine quality to have with them as well because to make them laugh is always a very good way to show your love. Giving of yourself and your time are things that have to be done to show them you want to be with them when you can but give them their space as well for they too need to have their own space and time. Doing things unexpectedly like bringing them flowers, a gift or taking them somewhere special for no reason at all is a great thing to surprise them when you want to really put a smile on their face. But most of all just listen to them and be there when they need you for who you are and what you say help them get through life a little easier.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

mega dittos!

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I treat my husband as I expect to be treated.
    He does get treated better than I do though, not because he doesn't love me, but because I think of the little things. Little things I doubt he really notices but would really really miss if I were gone. I think its a guy thing.

11. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Dude, if you're feeling brave again, ask her this one:

"Do you get free long distance with all those (hair) extensions?"

I heard that one last year and busted out laughing.

12. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

How do we treat eachother...:scratchin:

Well I will give you a conversation we had yesterday.

Me: My neck is bothering me again

Nietzsche: Maybe you are going to have to get a breast reduction, these hammers are too big. (grabbing them)

(without a pause, I replied)
    Me: Maybe you should have your dick removed, because you won't be needing it anymore.

Then we just both burst out laughing....

13. CheskiChips Banned Banned

What a wonderful dysfunctional relationship.

14. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

He called them 'hammers'? OMFG that is the funniest shit I've heard all night!!!!
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    :roflmao:

15. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I thought you might get a kick out of that. I still find it funny.