I suggest we start a MUSIC Thread... report:

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Diode-Man, Oct 10, 2008.

?

I mean, should we start a "music" category on sci-forums?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

Veronica Whittaker
    Per: # 4 A
    Mozart Report:

I chose to do my report on Mozart, because I love his music and wanted to know more about him. Mozart was born in January 27, 1756 and raised in Salzburg, into a very musical family. He wrote 41 symphonies in all and has 2 that may be composed by him but haven’t found evidence for certain they were. Mozart wrote many solo piano pieces, and also performed for masses and churches all over the world, and was known for the dances that hosted his music that was played their, and other excitements. He was known for having been born musically gifted when at age 5 could read and write music and had unknown skills on a keyboard.
    Mozart wrote 27 piano concertos, the first four numbered were his early works, the songs and movements of these pieces were also made by various composers. 15 pieces were written from the years 1782 to 1786, and also ended up writing 2 more pieces in his last 5 years. Now to his violin concertos he wrote 5 pieces, some of his more famous violin pieces were • Allegro Moderato • Adagio • Presto etc, were composed at a young age only 19 in the 1775 and the other 2 were later composed.
    Now to mozarts more older musician life, Mozart life was taken up most by continuous travel and tours all over the world. He then later married Constanze weber against all wishes against his peers and family and more the will of his own being, 6 children wer born and his music at this point began to become both more dark and at other times more of a violent theme based on his moods and how he felt and took in music into his life, he said was known not to just write pieces but to put his soul into the piece like it was a part of who he was by the mood of the music.
    Though he was married he still seemed to travel with his familiy and involve them as much in his music as he was involved in it, and was later said to have put more time on his music then with his family it was hard for him to adjust to life of more family this transformation caused more of the mood swings in his music. Mozart and son Leopold was a natural also and began writing more cords when he was just as little only at age 3 was picking cords on the piano and playing pieces faultlessly and exact time, at 5 such as Mozart was writing and composing pieces which Mozart wrote down and recorded. Mozart taught his children languages and much more than just piano Leopold his son also learned to play the violin very well, his real talent like Mozart starting to come through very much.
    In his more thrilling of moments, Mozart had the great position of being court musician to a prince, prince archbishop colleredo, he was know as a favorite son and high know to the king. He had many admiriors such as some of his most famous students and composers etc, also on his music much of his more early period is still played today all over the world, and most people don’t notice but have heard it before, his pieces were calming and could make you feal in the mood or mad to happy that was the excitement of the piece was being to feal so much in just a song.
    Many musicians copied or more traced mozarts footsteps such as Beethoven, who loved and expired his music to be much like mozarts, and even today they don’t know if their has ever been such music like it in over 100 years. Later Mozart lost much of his interest in Salzburg so him and his family journeyed to Vienna in 1773, to explore much of music and mozart was not happy with his pay and no such range of musical ability was allowed, so he did what he could and took his music else where.
    In 1777 mozart completely resigned his Salzburg position after much resigning in the past he felt this was right and moved on, and traveled then to Europe in his young carrier. When in Europe he then fell in love with aloysia weber one of the daughters in the musical family, which was very hard for Mozart still with his wife, to see her all the time, after much traveling from place to place first from Salzburg to Venice he took a leap and decided to go to paris a journey for a better start and another new position was filled for him now as a concertmaster, at a high pay.
    Some friends of mozarts he met in Venice soon traveled and conspired with Mozart also these men were joseph haydn one of his very close friends tell the end, and one of his famous students. When haydn his good friend came to visit would often come and play in small cortets together, for fun or entertainment was one of their specialties. Joseph was in awe of Mozart everything he seemed to do was enspired to him he wanted to fallow his footsteps much as everyone that met Mozart did.
    Now more onto mozarts later life, which was still inspiring but more of a downfall for his music career and much less life, when he was fell in illness while in Prague, for the September opera he was presenting. His illness caused a great effect on his music and was slowly, not rapidly but intensifying none the less. He was able to continue for some time but then fell into deep sickness and was stuck in bed most of the time, with swelling, vomiting, and much pain, he couldn’t function none the less be part of musical activities.
    With the sickness he still continued to write and was said to have written the most music pieces in the time period he was sick with the fatal illness, and some of the most known and admired music. Mozart made considerable amounts of money during this time, for his imperial chamber composer, though he was sick he still was writing pieces which were a great success for him at this time.
    Mozart still seemed determined too finish one of his last and final pieces which was Requiem, but thus forth died at 1 in the morning for his final struggle passed away from the illness. He was buried in a common grave, and in Viennese custom just at the St Marx cemetery outside the city on December 7, it was said their was no mourns at the funeral, and it was a calm and clear day, 2 other musicians were present at the funeral. He was killed by rheumatic fewer, which was affection and heart valve damage.
    During the classical era Mozart had writin over 600 compositions during this time period and one of the most famous of the classical composers ever during this time, he played mostly the piano and violin and some choral music, when he taught classes and performed worldwide everyware he would have many up and downs for his career, the classical period even continued more sence mozarts time.
    Some of mozarts operas here are 3 that were played in the magic flute performance which were Tamino, Papageno, and Pamina, all written by Mozart and composed in this piece during the classical time period. And often today can still be heard and remembered for their great sound, and different mood swings that entered the song.
    Some of mozarts most famous pieces consist of the marriage of Figaro, the magic flute, and don Giovanni, and his last piece the requiem mass, these were all some of his famous pieces he presented the requiem being one of the most famous, and was said early he died writing the piece. Which consists of one of his saddest most haunting pieces, captivating each setting and the mood perfectly.
    Mozart is considered by some to be the greatest composer who ever lived. While most composers specialize in certain kinds of pieces, Mozart created masterful works for almost every category of music - vocal music, concertos, chamber music, symphonies, sonatas and opera.More on Mozart himself who he was well Mozart could compose anywhere - at meals (he loved liver dumplings and sauerkraut), while talking to friends, while playing pool and even while his wife was having a baby. He composed very quickly and wrote huge amounts of music. It would take over 8 days to play all of his music, one piece after the next, without stopping. One famous piece that he wrote was Variations on "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."
    Well before I close my report I would just like to say, I liked finding information about Mozart he had more of an interesting story then I would have thought!, and I think its amazing how he could be such an amazing musician and be so good at what he did, and even though he died during his last and final piece I think its great he could keep moving and pushing to finish when his piece.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

(the above is so my neice can print off the report at her school, as usual, the first thing needing replacment on a computer is always involving the damned printers)

Sub categories could be unrequired and hastling though?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I you discussed a thread on Mozart, you'd probably post it in Art and Culture, or even History. This is the main reason there is no "Music" subforum, if there was we'd probably have a number of bands start spamming single threads to promote themselves like they already do on such sites as Myspace.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

Yes wise.

8. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

So your true purpose is to use sciforums as storage space for school essays.
    We could start a homework forum instead.

Re Music.
    I am watching a TV documentary about Jaqueline du Pre.
    She died tragically young due to having MS.
    What a wonderful woman she was!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  9. phlogistician Banned Banned

Right, and so if your niece's teacher googles a few phrases, now they are going to see that your niece downloaded the essay off the Internet. Kids get failed for that.

10. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

I don't think that it looks copied.

Interesting and enthusiastic essay,
    but grammar and punctuation need looking at.
    Come on diode man, give her a bit of extra guidance.
    With a few tweaks, she might get an A.

11. phlogistician Banned Banned

You are missing the point rather. If it is downloaded from here, printed off, and submitted, it has been copied from the Internet. Provenance is important, and if the teacher googled a few lines, they'd get a hit here, and then the kid would have to prove they uploaded it here, ....