Dyeing hair and skin

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Anti-climactic, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Anti-climactic 2+2=5 Registered Senior Member

I'm trying to find a good way to dye my hair using kool-aid, and I also need to find a good way to dye my skin, so I thought why not ask about it here? Anyone know good dyeing methods?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Are you recovering from a crack addiction?.

peace.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

More like Halloween is coming and we need costumes

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

but nice try.

Also to add to the OP we're looking for NON PERMANENT dying techniques as it's for a Halloween costume. (I know Anti-climactic IRL)

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Anti-climactic 2+2=5 Registered Senior Member

I probably should have clarified that when I started this. Thx

8. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

What color is your hair? If it is dark
    like mine you are going to have a hard time dying it, without it being permanent.

At my son's school they have theme days, one is wacky hair day. They sell packets
    of coloured gel you can put in your hair. You can dye it green, blue, red, orange etc.
    It works pretty good and washes out pretty easy afterwards.

I think the kool aid idea is good for dying your skin though. I hate that stuff and won't buy it. You ever see the kids mouths after drinking that crap and it doesn't come off. All it is is sugar and dye. If you don't add alot of water in it and soak you hands, arm whatever I think it would work.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  9. Anti-climactic 2+2=5 Registered Senior Member

Thx for the ideas, i think that the skin coloring with kool-aid would work, but do you happen to know where i can get the colored gel?

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

If you put the kool aid in your hair, will it run if you sweat?

11. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Here in Canada they sell it at hair cutting places, Shoppers Drug Mart you could probably even find it at Walmart. Some of the bigger companies are now selling it in full size containers because it's big with the teens.

With Halloween around the corner I bet you could find it where they sell all the Halloween makeup.

12. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

Well we tried with Kool-Aid but It never really worked, the green worked well on both mine and a friends hair but the red we had wanted for my hair did nothing.

13. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

What color is your hair? and his?

14. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

My Hair is black, anti-climactic's hair is brown and the third person we're doing this with (Rayne_phoenix) has red hair, the green dye worked well in her hair and actually worked quite well in my black hair but the red/orange we tryed to use for my hair never did anything and the Pink in anti-climactic's hair probably wouldn't work, it colored some of the hair but not all of it.

15. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

What are you going as anyway?

16. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

We're going as The Players some characters from a web-comic we all read, it's a good read if you're a gamer, otherwise some of the humor will most probably be lost on you.

Anti-Climactic will be #1, I'll be #2 and Rayne_Phoenix will be #4, we also have another couple friends who haven't decided on what to be and are urging one of them to be #3, we'll see how that works out.

17. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I am anti gaming........I walk with a sign protesting every weekend in front of EB GAMES.

lol

18. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

I think I just found Satan... you're the same person who's son plays Runescape right? Is that not a game? Tsk, Tsk, Tsk, Shorty

19. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

HA HA Yeah the same son that is kicking all your asses and stealing all your stuff.

20. Rayne_Phoenix Registered Member

Indd the green did work... the orange worked god for dyeing your skin thogh 11parcal lol

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LMFAO!!! :xctd:

22. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

If I have black(the darkest hair people have ever seen, they tell me) is there any way I can dye it temporarily to a light color?

23. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Mine is really dark brown. You really can't lighten dark hair temporarily as far as I know. You can just add these temp gel colours as I spoke about earlier. Even those work better on lighter hair. To go lighter usually means using peroxide, which you DON"T want to use.