Name the 3 most serious problems facing the new administration.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NGM, Oct 5, 2008.

1. NGM Registered Member

Name the 3 most serious problems facing the new administration and the specific actions you think should be done to resolve them.

I ask this out of the hope that at least one person here can do this. There seems to be a lot of people who criticize the manner in which the current administration is handling everything, so by knowing that the way it *is* being handled is incorrect, then perhaps the same people can explain how it is incorrect and what should have been done.

Or, what should be done by the new admin.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't expect anyone here to be able to spell out a detailed plan for the huge problems we are facing today - then again, as far as I am aware, none of us are running for President or Vice President.

While I can't abide the kind of Monday morning quarterbacking that blames elected officlas for fucking things up, I also don't expect people to be world-class experts on every subject.

That does not imply that people can not complain, however, unless that person IS a world-class expert on the topic.

Those who DO complain, however, should be ready to offer a reasonable alternative, or at least a reasonable direction that should be taken.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. NGM Registered Member

Even a simple, or vague idea of what should be done to correct the problem.

If one says "He isn't doing that correctly", wouldn't that imply that the person critiqueing the performance knows the difference between the correct way to do that task and the incorrect way to do it?

If that's so, then all I want to hear is the way that they think would have been correct.

Something like; "I think it was totally wrong to ever send troops into Iraq. Everything after that is wrong too, because it wouldn't have happened if the troops hadn't been sent in."

Then, the same person could explain how they would have handled the entire Iraq situation. Perhaps just ignore it. Or perhaps send in Diplomats instead.

Easy answers. Easy concepts. Just something other than "He didn't do it right".

I think you understand what I mean.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I do, an I agree with you.

For example...

I think we would have been much better off to put AIG into receivership and sell off the assets and policies peiecemeal to companies which do have the liquid assets to cover them.
    I see no valid reason to ensure they continue existing as an entitiy.

Furthermore, I think the separation between Commercial banks, Investment banks and insurance companies should be re-established.

Nearly every investor and advisor will tell you that a healthy portfolio is a diversified one, but we are doing the opposite with the financial industry.

Citi, a commercial bank, has a large investment arm and has had two of the largest insurers in the country. They have nearly 300,000 emplyees (not counting contractors and outsourcing firms) in over 100 countries. I'm not sure today's percentage, but in very recent times they owned in the neigborhood of 75% of the Nikkei.
    If Citi goes down, it will be a world financial crisis. ONE company.
    There IS no bailing them out - even if we wanted to.

No comapny should be that large and have power and influence that far reaching.

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

1.Honesty from the Democrats.

2.Honesty from the Democrats.

3.Honesty from the Democrats.

9. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Honesty from the Democrats is a problem?
    It's a good thing the Republicans aren't burdened with that problem of honesty.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Yes, what a rare find an honest Republican!! Please let me know when you find one!

11. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Problems:
    1. Economy
    2. National Debt
    3. War
    Solutions....errrr, I'll go into that later.

12. Carcano Valued Senior Member

America's three most serious problems are its dependence on finite energy, its debt and its ethics.

The last two are related, as nothing costs more than imposing your will on foreign nations through military force.

All empires eventually collapse under the weight of their military expenses.

At the end of the Roman empire the standard unit of silver coinage, the denarius contained only .02% silver...after three centuries of debasement.

Today's US dollar is worth only 2 cents compared to a dollar minted in 1917.

Withdraw...return to the republic of your forefathers my brothers.

For details, read William Bonner's excellent book 'Empire of Debt'.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  13. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

All postings have been interesting and certianly they reference important issues. However, I would submit to you that the most important issue facing The United States is leadership. The next president must be a LEADER. The next president must have a VISION of the future. The next president must be able to COMMUNICATE EFECTIVELY.

For too long we have been without a leader in the presidency. For too long we have been without a vision....lost in a sea of corruption. For too long we have not had a president who could talk in in unscripted environment and use the language properly.

Without a leader, without a vision, without an effective communicator, the country does not stand a chance at resolving any of the pressing issues now before us.

14. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And the Democrats are? You must be smoking:m: some good shit my friend.

15. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

The same three since WWII:

1. The Industrial-Military Complex
    2. Globalists (Currently Trilateral/Bildeburg group)
    3. The possibility of Nuclear/Strategic war.

16. NGM Registered Member

If I understand you correctly, then you are in favor of more Governmental control of the private sector? When any business gets popular or large enough, then the Government should step in and force that company to break apart it's structure into smaller entities? A successful business shouldn't be allowed by law to expand itself to increase it's own success?

Is this what you're saying, or am I getting it all wrong? Please tell me if I'm going the right direction in understanding what you think should be done.

17. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Big business controlling everything.

The military controlling everything.

Terrorists controlling everything.

18. NGM Registered Member

The headings of each problem you've outlined is pretty general. Can you tear it down into smaller pieces for me? Please explain to me what you mean by each answer you've given in terms of problems facing the new admin.

Like, how do you see the "Industrial-Military Complex" as a problem that would be something the next President has to deal with? Then, the same thing for the other two you've listed.

Thanks.

19. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Too many people in America are addicted to making weapons/profiting from war and want it to continue. One detail of this is the iraq war, in past eras - Korean/Vietnam/cold war.

Banks (problem #2) love to see people having their money wasted of such wasteful ventures and become indebted to them. There is no subtle details to this is, it is fantastically obvious if you just stop pay attention and investigate it.

Problem 3 comes along when a large number of people on earth serve no useful function for the other two. A monster that runs out of things to eat, must eat itself.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  20. Carcano Valued Senior Member

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Infustructure
    Health
    Education

without fixing these 3 it doesnt matter what you do to fix the credit crunch it will just keep happering because the trade deffit will just keep rising as less and less is made in the US and more and more stuff is imported. Not to mention the loss of employment

22. Carcano Valued Senior Member

The Chinese dont suffer a trade deficit...in spite of spending less than the US in all three of these areas.

23. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

you want to think about that again?
    china might not spend much on health care but australia is getting ritch of educating there students and surplying materials for there infustructure projects is the only thing protecting us from the US colaps