View Poll Results: So who won? (Wait 'til after the debate to vote, please.)

Voters
38. This poll is closed
  • Biden

    20 52.63%
  • Palin

    9 23.68%
  • Neither

    8 21.05%
  • Other (?!)

    1 2.63%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 281

Thread: Biden v. Palin: St. Louis Ribbing?

  1. #101
    O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Steve100's Avatar
    Posts
    2,339
    Liking her as a normal person is certainly no reason to like her as vice president.

  2. #102
    had a mod but let him go spidergoat's Avatar
    Posts
    46,434
    That's American politics for ya. I'm voting for Jeff Gordon.

  3. #103
    had a mod but let him go spidergoat's Avatar
    Posts
    46,434
    Quote Originally Posted by superstring01 View Post
    It should be noted that Gwen Ifill did a superlative job as moderator. Anybody who ranted about her inability to be fair-minded on the subject was dead wrong.

    ~String
    No she didn't. She was being far too tame, probably afraid of the appearance of bias.

  4. #104
    Registered Member NGM's Avatar
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by iceaura View Post
    It should also be noted that she allowed the format to be so constrained that Palin was spared even a hint of pressure, or followup on her evasions. It is easier to appear "fair" when you have less option for judgment, have allowed yourself to be bound by rules.

    What we got from Palin were fairly drawn out, scripted, and (most revealingly) repetitive, evasions in lieu of replies. The obvious, first assumption is that such a tactic reflects the relative simplicity of scripting a small number of all-purpose evasions (and a couple of simple and reliable deflections into them) in advance, as opposed to inculcating a large number of possibly necessary replies.

    I don't recall her answering a single question. I might have missed one or two in the later going.

    It was quite skilled - the feeling was similar to watching Ricky Jay do cups and balls: you know what's happening, but you get dazzled anyway. Like Jay, she is varied and inventive with the BS, and that is key to the fulcrum of misdirection upon which the whole performance pivots.

    It was quite skilled - the feeling was similar to watching someone successfully cheat an important exam in a smooth and well-crafted manner: During the display you wonder why they didn't put their abilities to use in actually mastering the material. Afterwards you realize - those aren't sufficient abilities for actual mastery of real material.

    If that skill were a key component of executive performance, as some claim, Palin would have established at least some bona fides for the job she seeks. I don't think it is. I think BS capability is overrated, as an executive skill, with results everywhere visible of late.
    That's your argument in favor of the ditzy Palin over the more controlled Biden, McCain the famous hothead (and famous dupe of financiers) over the reserved, gentlemanly Obama ?

    Seems like we learn more from these debates than I would have guessed. Some of us.
    If you learned anything from the brief, scripted dialogue presented by both of the candidates in this "debate", then you're a magician. Nothing new was presented. Let me repeat this: NOTHING NEW WAS PRESENTED.

    Your overly weighted opinion of yourself is evident in your evaluation of the debate. Are you trying to impress yourself? Did it work? It didn't impress anyone with their brain turned on.

    Your attempt to evaluate Sarah Palin's intelligence level boarders on SNL material.

    Thanks for the laugh.

    Don't attempt to become a paid professional at this. You won't find a job.

  5. #105
    Registered Member NGM's Avatar
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by spidergoat View Post
    Biden wiped the floor with her. All she could do is recite her memorized talking points and wink. The whole "joe six-pack" thing is played out and lame, she makes more money than most Americans. At this time, we need more than just stimulation of the reptilian brain, the fear/comfort conditioning and shallow paeans to patriotism. She's an empty shell that represents the worst of all possible management of this country.
    So, ya tryin to say ya don't like her?

    Your evaluation is childish. A tantrum. Did you prostrate yourself on the floor and kick your heels into the floor while spouting that nonsense?

    If you had, it would have been appropriate to the content.

    Your entire little tirade is incorrect. Put some real thought into your next one and someone might care that you said anything.

  6. #106
    had a mod but let him go spidergoat's Avatar
    Posts
    46,434
    I am unfortunately correct. She sucked. Every other word was "maverick". We need real leaders, not this corn-pone hillbilly bullshit.

    Sarah Palin is an excellent performer. The trouble is the nature of her performance -- a vindictive know-nothing out of her depth in national politics, tricked out like a sexy librarian in a porn movie to seduce the votes of all those sore beset uptight Midwestern babbits whose car dealerships are going out of business. The spectacle of seeing Ms. Palin presented as a serious national candidate only reflects on the dishonorable behavior of John McCain, who cynically picked her as his running mate.

    http://www.kunstler.com/

  7. #107
    Registered Member NGM's Avatar
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by spidergoat View Post
    I am unfortunately correct. She sucked. Every other word was "maverick". We need real leaders, not this corn-pone hillbilly bullshit.
    No, realistically, you're naive and ignorant. Your evaluation is as limited as that of the one you quote. Take your blinders off. You're seeing in black and white.

  8. #108
    had a mod but let him go spidergoat's Avatar
    Posts
    46,434
    Yeah, she knows Russia because she can see it, and I'm ignorant? She can't name one paper she reads, or one Supreme Court decision besides Roe-Wade. Even Republicans agree she's not qualified.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by NGM View Post
    You assume many things incorrectly. First, I don't drink beer. I'm not surprised that a person of your caliber would think everyone does what you do, but I'll enlighten you, they don't. Secondly, I'd like to see your cite for "There are millions of former hillary supporters who are only concerned abuot the gender of the president or vice president." I don't think you have one. I think you did your usual and pulled it out of thin air to try justifying your delusions about women. Your usage of "neoconservatism" in regards to me is laughable. Do you often use words you don't understand? You're continued usage of the term fema-nazism shows that you are incapable of learning. Again, I'm not surprised.

    I'm done with you. Go sit in front of your TV and scratch something.
    You make me laugh NGM with your efforts at wit and intellect. Is that the best you can do? You remind me a lot of Buffie..to you facts are not relevant. You seem to think that if you repeat fallacious statements long enough someone might believe you. Your intellect is only exceeded by your lethargy.

    "There are millions of former hillary supporters who are only concerned abuot the gender of the president or vice president." I don't think you have one. I think you did your usual and pulled it out of thin air to try justifying your delusions about women."

    Since you are to lazy to investigate my reference, here is a link to the Puma site:
    http://pumaparty.com/

    As for neoconservatism, I don't think you have a clue as to what it means or its origins. I suggest you Google it, but then again it may require some effort on your part. I don't know if you are up to it.

    When I used the term neoconservatism, I used it not to say that you advocated it or even understood it. But rather you are the result of neoconservatism. You are the soil upon which neoconservatism thrives...brainless unwashed masses that can be easily manipulated...two dimensional thinking...the simple minded.
    Last edited by joepistole; 10-03-08 at 06:26 PM.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by NGM View Post
    No, realistically, you're naive and ignorant. Your evaluation is as limited as that of the one you quote. Take your blinders off. You're seeing in black and white.
    Right..

    So her interview with Couric was what? A joke on her part? Maybe if she winked a bit through it, it might have appealed to "Joe Sixpack". But I honest don't think that those answers were the answers that even the 'average Joe' wanted to hear. Hell, the 'average Joe' probably couldn't understand what she was saying either.

    There is a reason why she is being kept out of the public light.. away from the media. She is granted a few interviews and she came off looking like and sounding like she had absolutely zero understanding of what was being asked, or of the issues themselves.

    SNL must be rubbing their hands with glee. You know why? Because they couldn't write this kind of material if they tried. She's feeding it to them. The answers she gave in those interviews would have been laughed at if she were a contestant in a beauty pageant. The fact that she responded as she did and she's vying for VP is terrifying.

    Many probably wish they could take off the blinders. The sad part is what you see of her is black and white. It was disheartening to see the poll results after that debate. Why? Because of the fact that people think she did better than expected. Better than expected? The expectations of her we so low, even in conservative circles, that if she managed to not get her name wrong, she'd have been seen as having done better than expected. And frankly, that is disgusting. It is disgraceful. As a VP candidate, people shouldn't be sitting there waiting for her to do 'better than expected'. And yet that was the case with her because she showed the US and the world that she is so unprepared for the position she is vying for. She is out of her league and no amount of folksy talk, winking and grinning like a beauty queen will hide it. In a debate, the opposing candidate should not be having to hold himself back because he doesn't want to come across like he's bullying a retard. And yet, that is what we saw in the debate yesterday..

    While her soundbites may give the people, she is talking down to, the answers they want to give. At the end of the day anyone who thinks she is prepared for the position of VP and possibly President is kidding themselves and voting solely on party lines. The media isn't feeding it. She is feeding the media.

  11. #111
    Registered Member NGM's Avatar
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistole View Post
    I don't think I suggest I don't When I
    Now you're just boring me. You think too much of yourself.

  12. #112
    Registered Member NGM's Avatar
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by Bells View Post
    Right..
    That's all you had to say.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by NGM View Post
    Now you're just boring me. You think too much of yourself.
    Now you are creating false quotations and putting my name on them. You are indeed amoral in addition to being lazy! This is a very typical right wing whacko tactic. This error in logic is more commonly called a strawman and it is used extensively by right wing whackos like Hannity and Limbaugh.

    Crawl back into the dark hole from whence thee came!
    Last edited by joepistole; 10-03-08 at 06:38 PM.

  14. #114
    Let us not launch the boat ... Tiassa's Avatar
    Posts
    30,095

    Cool Let mother Mary come to thee, speaking words of wisdom: let it be, let it be

    Quote Originally Posted by Joepistole

    You are the putty upon which neoconservatism thrives.
    Kind of like a Chia Pet?

    Joe, in this case, I do think you're in error. Remember, Governor Palin is "just a hockey mom" from Alaska. She's a newcomer who admitted she doesn't understand how Washington works. She's in over her head.

    You forgot to spot her enough handicap points to ensure that she couldn't lose even if she snorted meth onstage and then humped Biden's leg.

    How dare you, sir! It is disgustingly elitist and absolutely unjust to hold a Republican to an equal standard, and you damn well know it.

    Likewise, you should not be oppressing our new friend NGM by holding him to any standard of integrity or dignity. It's simply not fair to do so.

  15. #115
    You do as usual have a point Tiassa.

  16. #116
    troaty mouth best song ever pjdude1219's Avatar
    Posts
    14,582
    Um about the SNL skits a lot of what was used were direct quotes from Palin.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by NGM View Post
    That's all you had to say.
    You won't read it or acknowledge it because you don't want to hear it. You'd rather sit in your chair and wallow in your low expectations. And that's kind of sad.

  18. #118
    Registered Member NGM's Avatar
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistole View Post
    Now you are creating false quotations and putting my name on them. You are indeed amoral in addition to being lazy! This is a very typical right wing whacko tactic. This error in logic is more commonly called a strawman and it is used extensively by right wing whackos like Hannity and Limbaugh.

    Crawl back into the dark hole from whence thee came!
    Now I'm a "right wing whacko" and reside in a dark hole.

    You're a pretty funny person.

    Again, you think way too much of yourself.

    The extracted words from your post were to point out the number of times you use the word "I".

    That shows something about you.

    It's not nice.

    As for your last comment, I have to respond in kind; Bite me.
    Last edited by NGM; 10-03-08 at 07:02 PM.

  19. #119
    Registered Member NGM's Avatar
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by Bells View Post
    You won't read it or acknowledge it because you don't want to hear it. You'd rather sit in your chair and wallow in your low expectations. And that's kind of sad.
    I read it. I didn't acknowledge it because of it's presumption of knowledge that isn't and couldn't be accurate.

    That's a nice way of saying that you're full of shit.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by NGM View Post
    I read it. I didn't acknowledge it because of it's presumption of knowledge that isn't and couldn't be accurate.

    That's a nice way of saying that you're full of shit.
    So you think it would be an accurate assumption that she understands the US economy, foreign policy (beyond being able to see parts of Russia from her backyard), etc? Yes or no?

    Does this mean she was lying in those interviews? Portraying herself as the dumb bimbo? Hmmm.. if that is the case, then so be it. Still does not answer the fact that she was still unable to answer the questions on said economy or the bailout in the debate, does it? Or is she still lying to the public and she really has an in depth understanding of the issues? Does McCain really need votes that badly that he'd ask his VP candidate to act like a bimbo to pull in the votes? What does that say about him? Or her for that matter that she'd go along with it.. If, as you are claiming, that she knows and understands the issues and could discuss them and answer questions about them.. Why didn't she?

    Or is it possible that she is pandering to the voters in the hope that they will want a simple soccer mum who winks at them, grins at them like an idiot and bakes them cookies? Is the American voter base that shallow that they are able to overlook important issues like the economy and instead, vote for the winking fool who tells them just what they want to hear, even if it is false?

    You can go back to sticking your fingers in your ears and singing 'la la la' now. And thank you for clearing all this up for me. Here I thought they (Americans) were intelligent individuals who wouldn't allow themselves to fall for something like Palin is apparently pulling off. I guess I was wrong. Good job!

    Vote for McCain/Palin! She's hawt! That about sums it up, doesn't it?

Similar Threads

  1. By allersby in forum Politics
    Last Post: 09-30-08, 03:43 PM
    Replies: 33
  2. By madanthonywayne in forum Politics
    Last Post: 09-25-08, 03:53 PM
    Replies: 58
  3. By desi in forum Politics
    Last Post: 09-12-08, 02:39 AM
    Replies: 1
  4. By one_raven in forum Politics
    Last Post: 09-10-08, 06:16 PM
    Replies: 59
  5. By Buffalo Roam in forum Politics
    Last Post: 09-10-08, 11:46 AM
    Replies: 19

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •