Homeless People in America

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by DwayneD.L.Rabon, Sep 23, 2008.

1. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Why are their so many homeless people in America

It seems that for a country that sends so much forigen aid to other countries, and speaks out about womens rights and poverty ect... in other countries. America sure does have a lot of homeless people that they do not take care.

In America there are 8.7 acres per person, compared to 5.7 acres for every each person of the world population.

So why so many homeless people in america, appearntly there are 2,500,000 to 3 million homeless people in america.

So it appears that america has its own refugees. i say refugee because these people are denied a place to live, denied cleanliness, and are harrsassed every where they go by law enforcement.

In the city where i live they just made a law that says that homeless people can not beg even on the street side walk.

What do you people from other countries think about homeless people in America?

Dwayne D.L.Rabon

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Wrong, wrong! They are NOT denied a place to live - they have made that choice themselves. There are plenty of free shelters and food provided to them free of charge. (Why do you think it is than none of them starve to death?)

There are jobs available but they won't take them. I know why they don't, do you????

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Oh I see Read-Only you want to now make a cover up for the abuse of running the type of non caring society they run in America.

An they are actually starving to death, every year such cases are reported.

Apprenlty you are not to up to date, as nation wide they report turning single men and familes way from shelter.

If there is a job that a homeless person will not due it is because the person that want them to work for exstermely low wages. Homeless people are homeless people not dumb people.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Just more silly nonsense from the garbage-speaker. (And a minimum-wage job is FAR, FAR better than no job at all !!! But you don't understand that either, do you?)

Oh, one more thing: please show PROOF of them starving to death! And don't come back here until you do, silly boy!

8. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Let them eat cake!

9. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well, stranger in a strangela......
    I agree they should be seems think to spending
    700 billion dollars to bail out real estate companies, and all this time they have been ignoring the growing homeless problem, and increased unemployment.

I just think that americans have some real confusion when there is so much land avialable but yet they treat homeless people worse than animals.
    You see i know a social examiner/ investigator he told me in his study of human behavior under observation that americans actually treated their house hold pets better than other humans, that affection for the sufferage or comfort for a common animal was more profound towards animals than for humans amoung americans.
    The same behavior was exhibited in the treatment of elderly people. showing the in family abuse an alienation that can exist torwards elderly people.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

10. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Well, well. Here you are back again WITHOUT showing proof of your claim.

Rabon, I can understand why your parents had to pull you out of public school but it wasn't because you COULDN'T follow simple instructions.

So get with the program! Show your PROOF - or just bug out like you always do whenever someone presses you to stand up and be accountable for what you say.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  11. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Read-only
    You actully lack so much it is uncomprehensable your ongoing stupity.

The subject as a reminder for you is Homeless people in America.

In america its quite clear that a large percentage of the population, is dressed up to look presentable but suffers greatly in health, both mental and physcial.

As for reports of starvation the number of homeless people ect..... in your case you can see that on the news and read about it in your daily paper. But other people can see the truth of homeless people from reports in international papers and still gain a understanding, as well tourist make the same gain of understanding.

Well Read-only I will give you a refference try the US. Derpartment of Education, Social Antropology.
    As well since you want my attention Read-only, the configuation of land resource to humans can be calculated from any house hold atlas.

Your actually kind of a weird person Read-only, it seems as if you wish could controll me, as if you would be the type of person who would take advantage of poor homeless people, given your charater displayed you might some that would organize child slave labor or something. So I am glad that you do not live in the thrid world countries, please stay in the industized world.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

12. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Most of the homeless people are degenerates that are uneducated and lazy and spend their money on drugs and alcohol

Not all but most

13. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

Homeless people are dumb. It's a fact of life. That or they're some sort of philosophy major.

14. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Norsefire,
    Homeless people in America come from a variety of backgrounds, some are college educated and have profession degrees, some come from the loss of employment, some have emotional problems from a divorce of a lifelong bond with some one, some suffer social slanders.
    The most popularized homeless people are prostitutes and drug addicts, oddly enough in america most drug users in america are not homeless street people. the majority of drug use is a activity of the middle class. The social demographics define this even without investigation as first to buy drugs you have to be able to afford drugs, Most homeless people do not have the finaces to support a drug habit, and so frequently they are the ones that actually die from drug withdrawl and not the ones who can afford it.
    As well you find some homeless people drinking because they are trying to for get they are rejected, or to forget life abuses. alcohol is a social drink and so it also allows them a outlet from the social Aleination. A Sad Drunk is one that drinks all by them selves to forget problem. At time we find that tese are quite frequenlty veterans of wars.

One of the points that i was trying orginally to get accross is that their is so much land in america per person that it seems delusional that there is 3 million homeless people in america, who are actually pushed around from place to place as if they where refugees when they are citizens of the USA.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

15. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

most of the homeless have mental health problems which is why drugs and achole are so prevelent in those groups. its a form of self medication.

combind that with a system which blames drug adicts for the problem, has no freely avialable health care of any kind, let alone mental health care, a system where unemployment benifts are time limited, has no free education and where the concept of housing trust homes is alien its no wonder the homeless rates are so high

16. Roman Banned Banned

There's a particular "mental disorder" that causes people to not want to live in buildings. Rather common in Alaska. We've got people living in sea caves and stuff. It's weird, but I don't judge.

17. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well I would agree Roman, some people are atmospheric pressure sensitive, living inside causes them to become ill.
    You will usally find these types of people sleeping on the proch of the house, or they always have thier windows open even in the winter time.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

18. John99 Banned Banned

Homelessness in U.S goes back decades. It began when liberals prevented forcing them into shelters or institutions and even closing many down.

Australia is similar. Poor and homeless people, weather in U.S or Australia or anyplace else is not a nice way to score points.

19. John99 Banned Banned

And i know more than the beaver does.^^^^

20. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i agree john, there isnt enough housing trust acomidation in australia either and i wasnt really trying to score points. i was pointing out a fact, the US time limits the income to people who cant find work which i find apaling for 2 reasons

1) the FED and the goverment (all goverments, including the australian goverment) activly try to prevent full employment as a method of controling inflation. this leaves a percentage of the population who DO want to work unable to and leaves a duty of care on the goverment to protect those people

2) the lack of any kind of social suport in health means that the chronically ill and those with mental illness symply cant GET treatment (especially as the US system combinds health care with employment) which means that they have apsolutly no way to dig themselves out of the hole

now in australia homelessness is going up for a different reason (and one which SHOULD be easy to fix), that is a symple lack of housing

21. John99 Banned Banned

They panhandle and live a certain way. You really dont know what your talking about.

22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

really?
    i dont think you know what your talking about.

i had a friend who was homeless, he was prosituting himself to find a bed at night.
    hell if it wasnt for my parent i would be homeless, i have quite a good knowlage of what makes people homeless

23. John99 Banned Banned

OK. And what does that have to do with you sermon on health car, wages etc.? Come to U.S Asguard and see for yourself.