Getting hold of old GCSE results

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Muslim, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Hi there guys. I had taken my GCSEs in 1999 but we moved houses and lost most of my stuff. Now I don't even recall what my GCSE results were. I need to find out my old results to see if I can get into a course I want to do. How do I go about getting hold of them? Do I contact old high school and ask them?

I need to find out really, really fast, as I have an interview at uni in three days... And am desperate to get onto this course am already late don't want to waste another year.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

ez man

hows it goign??

what course is it???

also why dotn you ring your old school, they may have copy or at elast know which examination boards issued the exams and results which is way they shoudl eb held one would imagine

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

You will probably be able to contact the exam boards and find out.

I think replacement certificates are about £30 each.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. firdroirich A friend of The Friends Registered Senior Member

Your school can't do anything about getting originals. They can give you a letter with your results saying you did, infact, write the exams. This will have an exam centre number, candiate number and date - which helps the examining body you wrote with find your results.

Download a pdf form from the relevant examining body e.g Cambridge, fill it in, pay then they'll send em to you, but don't hold your breath - I included a photocopy of mine but still only got it weeks later.

8. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Damn it! I wonder what exam center it was.

9. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

To be totally honest a University doesn't really need to see actual results, what they need to know is, is if you are capable of doing the subject you are applying for. Can you commit to it, will you see it through, will you have the basic understanding required for entry level (Most University Degree's go through an Undergraduate Year to appraise you as well as get you familiar with the subject you'll be dealing with).

For the most part most Universities wouldn't care about GCSE's, they are more interested in A-Level results. English (To prove you are capable of handling the format for writing papers) and Mathematics are the Most important in the UK.

Just sweet talk you way on the course, just remember that they aren't there to baby sit you, they can't offer help like a college would, you are there on the understanding that you are capable enough to do the subject.

10. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

I've already blagged my way to getting an interview. My friend was saying just take in your GCSEs and A-level results just to prove you can handle the course you want to do. I think I will just have to do what you said. I suck at math... I can't even add up. Honestly.

Thats why I am going into doing psychology. My other option was Law.

11. Confused2 Registered Senior Member

I applied to do an engineering course. After the interview, as I was trying to leave, I got trapped between the door and a wall. Took me at least two goes to get out. They accepted me anyway.