Sara Palin has overcome more adversity than Hillary Clinton.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by desi, Sep 12, 2008.

1. desi Valued Senior Member

She has led a normal life as a wife and mother of public school students who decided to get into politics fairly late in life because she wanted to change some things in her small town. She didn't start out as some hot shot lawyer with political connections in Washington who sacrificed her life to try to get to the top at all costs. I think most of the criticism of Palin is unfair based on the life she has lived compared to her opponents.

Biden has been a Senator for decades where he's basically taken what amounts to bribe money and voted accordingly on pertinent legislation.

Obama has experience making poor people feel bad enough to get out and vote how he wants them to, community organizer. After that they stay poor and Obama's kids go to expensive private schools.

I hate to say it but I put McCain in about the same category as Biden except for McCain is a bit more cagey than Biden.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Neither did Biden, or Obama.

They earned their connections in Washington, and the nation as a whole, through years of demonstrating superior ability in elected office.

McCain did, in a sense - as an Admiral's son, he had entree. But he also did a few things in office.

Do you think Palin solved any of the problems of her small town - the ones that motivated her to run for office ? What were they ?
    McCain is famous for catering (literally) to the media, and winning their favor. He is not so "cagey" in his actual official doings - he's been very close to several scandals - but he gets very little bad press.

Palin, btw, hired an associate of Jack Abramoff's and chief of staff for Ted Stevens to help her efforts to improve her town - Steven Silver. So her lack of Washington connections weren't as big a crimp on her style as some might assume.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.